Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX: Rookies Most Likely to...

jimster

Everybody always mentions this, and surely there is some merit it to it. However, it must also be said that Hawaii's offensive line was completely overmatched in that game. Any quarterback would have struggled in that situation.

True. But any QB would have flourished going up against mediocre talent the whole regular season also.

Rookie most likely to be a steal in five years

Colt Brennan

A lot of pundits think that Brennan will be nothing more than an Arena League quarterback because he doesn’t have the ideal size, throwing motion or overall quickness that translate to the NFL. But the one thing about Brennan is that anytime someone questions his ability, he always bounces back and proves all of his doubters wrong.

In the last ten years, there have been four quarterbacks selected in the sixth round that have gone on to be Pro Bowl players: Matt Hasselbeck, Marc Bulger, Tom Brady and Derek Anderson. I’m not going to compare Brennan with any of the quarterbacks mentioned, but his resiliency is uncanny, and nothing seems to faze him.

Brennan is in the perfect situation with the Redskins to show he’s capable of being an efficient NFL quarterback. New Head Coach Jim Zorn brings his West Coast offense to Washington, and Brennan is the perfect QB to develop in this offense. Although he worked out of the shotgun at Hawaii, Brennan has experience in the West Coast system going back to his high school days. Brennan’s quick release, accuracy and ability to run the offense will be enough to push Jason Campbell for the starting job in two years.

whole list

So, Colt ran the WCO in Juco and H.S., and JC ran it at Auburn and completed 70% of his passes in it. He also went undefeated. You can say the NFL is different than Auburn, but it's way different than Juco or H.S. Jason has been learning to read defenses and gaining an understanding of what it takes to be a QB in the NFL for a few years now, I don't see CB catching up so soon.

I hope Colt turns out to be the next Joe Montana or Tom Brady, but I'm not buying it yet.

Colt Brennan... I was pretty excited about this pick when it was made. Unfortunately, his history is pretty damn ugly. It's one thing to get a single DUI, but what Brennan did is inexcusable to me. In real life, you don't get a felony trespass and burglary conviction unless the DA's office has reason to believe you had the intent to do something terrible.

Talent is relative. And Flacco gets a pass playing against 1-AA teams.

Timmy Chang was nowhere near as prolific as Brennan.

Nice points. For the Colt Brennan nay-sayers, look at what Tony Romo sits to pee has achieved in Dallas. Dallas (Bill Parcells) surrounded Romo sits to pee with loads of talent at WR, RB, and a solid O-line, and look at what he has accomplished at the QB position. Hey, I had never even heard of Tony Romo sits to pee until 2 years ago when he became the starter. Obviously my point is this: surround Colt Brennan with Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, Chris Cooley, Malcolm Kelly, Devin Thomas, and Fred Davis and watch opposing teams' secondaries get scorched.....HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!

I wanted us to take JD Booty with our compensatory 3rd. I then thought, as the draft wore on, we should take Woodson in the 5th round after he fell so far. When we drafted Brennan, I was pretty underwhelmed.

I don't doubt that Colt has the talent to succeed, the problem is, it takes such intensive "rehabilitation" to turn any run and shoot QB into a pro QB, I don't see him able to run the WCO for at least 3 years at a real NFL level. Being a 6th rounder gives him plenty of time to develop, though, so maybe it all works out. The Redskins had/have more needs than that, however, and even 6th rounders have value (see - Golston, Kedric).

The three proven predictors of QB success in the NFL are:

#1 - starts - more experienced QBs are much more statistically likely to succeed. I don't remember the exact number but 4-year starters are something like 4 times as likely to stick in the NFL as QBs with less than 3 full seasons as a starter. Check #1 for Colt.

#2 - accuracy - If, over many seasons as a starter, the Qb displays consistent accuracy, that almost always translates. Check #2 for Colt.

#3 - competition - Major conference/college competition is helpful, if not as important as 1 and 2. The speed and pressure of major conference play is much closer to NFL levels. Playing well in front of 105,000 in The Big House or playing Auburn in the Iron Bowl pretty much tells people that you can handle pressure and high expectations. This is where Colt has less of a pedigree than, say, Woodson. In 2007, the Warriors beat #17 ranked Boise State and a jet-lagged group of Washington Huskies in Aloha Stadium. I don't blame Colt for the Georgia game, he can hardly block for himself. That said, the guy will have to step up and adjust to the level of expectation placed on not only a pro QB, but a Redskins QB. Being one step removed from the White House (Vice president who?) brings pressure with it.

Now that he is a Redskin, I am rooting all out for Colt. I wish him the best and hope that he doesn't play any time soon. Yes, these are the same things.

Colt Brennan... I was pretty excited about this pick when it was made. Unfortunately' date=' his history is pretty damn ugly. It's one thing to get a single DUI, but what Brennan did is inexcusable to me. In real life, you don't get a felony trespass and burglary conviction unless the DA's office has reason to believe you had the intent to do something terrible.[/quote']

Dude, thats just silly. I got a felony trespass at the age of 15 for lighting off bottle rockets in a school parking lot at 9:30 at night. I was being smart in doing it in a place where nothing would catch on fire. And you can't name me a normal 15 year old kid who doesn't like fireworks.

Read up on what happened on the Colorado campus that year. There were a bunch of rape charges filed over the previous 2 years so they decided to criminally convict EVERYONE on that campus on everything from farting in an elevator to drawing little heart bubbles instead of a regular dot on their I's on written exams.

:rolleyes:

Dude, thats just silly. I got a felony trespass at the age of 15 for lighting off bottle rockets in a school parking lot at 9:30 at night. I was being smart in doing it in a place where nothing would catch on fire. And you can't name me a normal 15 year old kid who doesn't like fireworks.

:rolleyes:

The circumstances are a bit different in Brennan's case. The facts are against him: he has a woman accusing him of fondling her, admitted he was drunk that night, and a conviction for burglary. Not enough to be convicted of a sex crime, but enough to raise doubts about the guy's character.

Just like he did in the Bowl game last year.:doh:

If I remember correctly, the Georgia defense completely dominated Hawaii's offensive line, which basically gave Colt zero time to make any of his throws.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that if he had better protection, he would've performed alot better than he did that game.

If I remember correctly, the Georgia defense completely dominated Hawaii's offensive line, which basically gave Colt zero time to make any of his throws.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that if he had better protection, he would've performed alot better than he did that game.

Thats right...Imagine all the people from around the world that hadn't seen Tom Brady until the Giants in the Super Bowl. Yep, they're probably still wondering what all this Tom Brady fuss is all about, but hey, they're not suppose to know much about how American football works:laugh:

Here's what I see happening...

Colt gets in 3rd string preseason... WITH PROTECTION lights it up with great touch passes just like the Ole Ball Coach preseason game in JAPAN. Accuracy is KEEEEEY! Not comparing to: Manning, Montana, but those two have throw up some duckfarts as passes. Not GREAT arm strength but accurate.

But when moved up against "proper" defense, things change. Give him time. Adjusting to the speed of the NFL and he is as someone said earlier a Stan Humphries type QB... who after he left Washington became a Pro-Bowler and Super Bowl bound QB.

Basically, wait and see how PRESEASON comes up... I really couldn't care about JC, I know what he can do, I want to see Colt, and our new WR's in action!!!! I don't think our new WR's are going to start right out of the box. I think they will get some reps with Collins and Colt and that is going to be fun to watch!

You may want to rethink that before just throwing it out there with the likes of Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington and a few others have touched a football at one time or another.

Yeah, and I stand by the argument that since 1993, nobody has had less stability, production and quality play from the QB position than the Redskins. Even with Harrington, the Lions had a few good years of Scott Mitchell and Charlie Batch; even with Ryan Leaf, the Chargers went to the Super Bowl with Stan Humphries and have had a nice run with Brees and Rivers.

I totally agree ... Colt "45" ... not JC ... is the Skins' elite franchise QB of the future. His legendary matchups against Eli Manning will be legendary.

Is this the Department of Redundancy Department?:laugh:

Okay, serious question. What's the over/under on Bench Campbell/start Brennan threads that occur this season? 140? Does the first one get made if we lose to the Giants on Opening Night?

Look up the definition of burglary.

Here's the difference between 1st' date=' 2nd & 3rd degree burglary in Colorado.

Colt pleaded guilty to 2nd degree burglary in the State of Colorado and spent a whole 7 days in jail.

So, basically you are full of ****.

[i']Third Degree Burglary

You commit Third Degree Burglary if you break into a vault, safe, or any locked container with the intent to commit a crime. Of course, the "crime" for which you must have the intent is usually theft in this case. This is why burglary charges often appear along with theft charges. Third Degree Burglary is a Class Five Felony carrying a possible sentence of one to three years in The Department of Corrections. If your "intent" when committing the burglary is to steal a controlled substance, usually drugs, then the burglary is a Class Four Felony, and carries more severe penalties.[/i]

Second Degree Burglary

Second Degree Burglary is when you unlawfully enter a building with the intent to commit any crime while you are there. You can also be charged with Second Degree Burglary if you enter a building lawfully, but then remain there when you are not legally allowed to (and have the intent to commit a crime). With Second Degree Burglary, the crime that is "intended" upon entry might be theft, but may also be assault - or some other crime against a person (rather than property). In Colorado, Second Degree Burglary is a Class Four Felony if the building is a business or other industrial or commercial property. If you commit burglary of a dwelling, it is a Class Three Felony, and subjects you to substantially harsher penalties. Second Degree Burglary also jumps to a Class Three Felony if you intended to steal a controlled substance.

First Degree Burglary

First Degree Burglary is virtually the same as Second Degree, with the added element that you must assault or menace a person either while entering the building, while in the building, or while fleeing the building. First Degree Burglary is a Class Three Felony, carrying a possible prison sentence of four to twelve years. If you commit First Degree Burglary with the intent to steal a controlled substance, it becomes a Class Two Felony. If you have a restraining order against you, prohibiting you from being on the premises or contacting a person inside, then the violation of this restraining order qualifies as the underlying criminal act for the burglary – even if you didn’t intend to do anything wrong.

http://www.colorado-criminal-lawyer.com/felony_cases/burglary.html

So, basically you are full of ****.

...Or maybe you can't read. This may be futile, but here we go:

What I said: "In real life, you don't get a felony trespass and burglary conviction unless the DA's office has reason to believe you had the intent to do something terrible."

What you quoted: "Second Degree Burglary is when you unlawfully enter a building with the INTENT TO COMMIT ANY CRIME WHILE YOU ARE THERE."

Archived