Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets talk Yankees baseball.

Guest sith lord

While I agree that the Redskins are the equivalent of the New York Yankees in football, the pay scales don't tip as far in the 'Skins favor compared to the rest of the NFL as they do for the Yankees compared to the MLB.

But, the point remains that its a valid point that 'Skins fans shouldn't throw stones at the Yanks for their methods.

Because of the salary cap. If no cap.. it is almost a guarantee (maybe not so much now but, definitely in the past years) the Skins would be a near mirror of the Yankees. Speaking in terms of $$$ not about success.

And the case study that you're basing all of your assertions would be all of 1 season coaching the Florida Marlins.

Genius.

He got fired because him and the owner did not get along, with the marlins he did a great job, smartass :)

It's nice when fans recite whatever the media prints... and then try to pass that off as some kind of knowledge and understanding of the game.

That is also what his peers said :doh:

So exactly how miserable are you going to get when the yanks are done by summer :)

Because of the salary cap. If no cap.. it is almost a guarantee (maybe not so much now but, definitely in the past years) the Skins would be a near mirror of the Yankees. Speaking in terms of $$$ not about success.

:cheers::cheers:

i agree it doesn't matter the amount you can spend it is HOW, look at the Tigers this year how are they doing :silly:

i wouldn't trust Danny and Vinny with the ability of an open checkbook, we would stink

That is also what his peers said :doh:

So exactly how miserable are you going to get when the yanks are done by summer :)

Probably as miserable as you were last year when you realized the Yankees where going to make the playoffs.

He got fired because him and the owner did not get along, with the marlins he did a great job, smartass :)

Oh, I get that changes the fact that you've made your assumptions on his managing style based on 1 season.

See... I wouldn't pretend to know. You would. And a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Oh, I get that changes the fact that you've made your assumptions on his managing style based on 1 season.

See... I wouldn't pretend to know. You would. And a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

I have always felt he was the main reason for their success. Before the sox had the breakthrough against the yanks when ever there was clutch moment they would show the yankees manager calm as can be, and then the redsox manager obvisoulsy nervous, and Torre would always end up on top.

The only reason they yanks are struggling is the boss wanted to go with veteran pitchers for too long. Boston knew this and why they got rid of all of their older pitchers.

Put it this way when he left and Arod resigned I was cheering for both :laugh: :laugh:

That is why Boston is now the best team in the East.

The Yankees are one of few teams that can win 18 out of 23. When that offense is hot and can score 6-7 runs a game for its pitching, they will win a lot of games

That is because they use to count on winning 2 out of 3 vs the Rays, O's, Jays, and Royals etc....

That isn't happening this year :)

The only reason they yanks are struggling is the boss wanted to go with veteran pitchers for too long. Boston knew this and why they got rid of all of their older pitchers.

Seriously? And here I thought it was a combination of both the veteran pitchers AND the young guns (on a staff made up of about 50/50) that were struggling. And of course, the offense is struggling too.

I'm pretty sure Wang and Moose have winning records right now... and Pettitte isn't pitching horribly bad either.

Guest sith lord
Seriously? And here I thought it was a combination of both the veteran pitchers AND the young guns (on a staff made up of about 50/50) that were struggling. And of course, the offense is struggling too.

I'm pretty sure Wang and Moose have winning records right now... and Pettitte isn't pitching horribly bad either.

The fact of the matter is is that the Yanks don't have "IT" anymore. By IT, I mean the uncanny ability to get the 2 out, runner in scoring position hit and the uncanny ability to come from behind like they used to when they were winning championships. I heard a stat the other night that said the Yanks are like 0 for their last 20 something when trailing after 7 or 8 innings. That's pathetic for a team with a $200 million payroll.

The fact of the matter is is that the Yanks don't have "IT" anymore. By IT, I mean the uncanny ability to get the 2 out, runner in scoring position hit and the uncanny ability to come from behind like they used to when they were winning championships. I heard a stat the other night that said the Yanks are like 0 for their last 20 something when trailing after 7 or 8 innings. That's pathetic for a team with a $200 million payroll.

it hurts that arod and posada aren't performing. When posada comes back, their pitching will come back as well

Guest sith lord
it hurts that arod and posada aren't performing. When posada comes back, their pitching will come back as well

Was Hughes, Kennedy and the bullpen any better when Posada was catching?

Archived