Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets talk Yankees baseball.

Guest sith lord

Guest sith lord
Bull:pooh:.

If the Yanks got every BS call their way.. their record would have been much better over the years.

Bull**** calls happen to every team.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yeah, but the Yanks benefit more from them.

Guest sith lord

It just seems as if the Yanks always get the major calls to go their way. I have know idea how Willie Randolph don't get ejected in that situation.

Guest sith lord

It just seems as if the Yanks always get the major calls to go their way. I have know idea how Willie Randolph don't get ejected in that situation.

Bull:pooh:.

If the Yanks got every BS call their way.. their record would have been much better over the years.

Bull**** calls happen to every team.

how do you feel about the gold thongs from your boys :laugh: :laugh:

baseball needs instant replay for calls like that

Guest sith lord
You sound like a Mets fan with a serious inferiority crisis.

Yanks don't get calls their way more so than other teams. Refs blow it all the time across the board.

And this is coming from a card carrying Yankee hater.

Actually, I like the O's. But I beg to differ. The Yanks do get the benefit of a doubt when it comes to major calls. You can't get no more cut and dry as a HR. The ball was obviously fair but they decided that the game would have probably been out of reach and decided to take the points of the board.

If the Mets lose this game, they'll probably protest it.

Nats? Ah.. I almost forgot...

Did all of your teams win today?

11-2 i guess we know who the best team in ny is

so how soon to the yanks fire their manager :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i cant wait to hear hank talk tomorrow :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As for your question

Redsox - check

Nats - check

Team playing Yankees - check

That is a hattrick for the day :laugh: :laugh:

Speaking of the Mets... one of my vivid childhood memories is of watching this game in my Grandfather's den in New Jersey...

The ball jumped off Lonnie Smith's bat and began it's long, cruel arc toward the outfield wall in left. Sid Fernandez, who had done everything a pitcher could to win a ball game, could now do nothing to stop from losing it.
He stood, his spirits sinking with the ball's persistent ascent, unable to bring it back and thus unable to reclaim a night he had completely owned.The ball jumped off Lonnie Smith's bat and began it's long, cruel arc toward the outfield wall in left. Sid Fernandez, who had done everything a pitcher could to win a ball game, could now do nothing to stop from losing it. He stood, his spirits sinking with the ball's persistent ascent, unable to bring it back and thus unable to reclaim a night he had completely owned.
''Not much you can do about it,'' Fernandez said of the stunning conclusion to what had been an overwhelming strikeout show. ''I guess I can shrug it off. I'll be out there again in five days.''
But it definitely won't just be any day that Fernandez enjoys the kind of absolute mastery he did tonight. Fernandez, whose 16 strikeouts were the most recorded by any left-hander in the history of the Mets, was practically untouchable from very nearly the start.
He permitted a pair of runs in the second, but then retired 16 consecutive Braves from the third inning until Smith's shocking shot to left. Fernandez, who at one point registered eight strikeouts in a string of nine batters, left the Braves either twisting into the dirt or staring at the stars in embarrassment and confusion.
''He was blowing people away like nothing I've ever seen,'' said Mackey Sasser, the catcher for the Mets, who did little more than stick his glove in the strike zone and wait for it to be hit. ''It was the best I've seen Sid pitch. It might have been the best I've seen anybody pitch.''
In fact, Smith had seen nothing but red before his home run. He had struck out on all three of his other times at bat before he stepped to the plate and then stepped all over Fernandez's fantastic night. ''There's no explanation for it,'' Smith said of his home run. ''I guess I just got my prayer answered that I wouldn't strike out four times against him. All he threw me were fastballs. Fastballs in, out, up, down.'' But finally a fastball Smith drove up and away.
Fernandez was not the only outstanding pitcher of the night. John Smoltz, the young right-hander for the Braves, allowed just four hits over eight innings before yielding to Joe Boever, who was credited with the victory.
I mean this thread has already gone way OT... Let's Go Mets!

Please remind me again what the hell did the nats get in return for Church :doh:

Lasting Milledge. 5 tool player.

for a individual in chruch who was given every opportunity to prove but did nothign here.

Schneider is already old and we dont need him anymore. Jesus Flores is the catcher of the future any way

That game happened July 14, 1989... if anyone wonders how a kid from Northern Virginia can end up a Met fan... lots of summers spend in New Jersey... I wish they would've broadcasted WWOR down here like WGN... oh yeah... I actually thought Tim McCarver was a great broadcaster back then too... him and Ralph Kiner

Archived