Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Outside the Lines [ESPN]: Special Report with Gibbs on his Retirement (merged)

RenegadeTK

Good Piece....

Focused on Joe's reasoning for retiring; his family. Talked about how it broke his heart that he couldn't/didn't spend the time with his grandson who was battling Leukemia, as well as his other grandchildren. Also explained how he really turned his NASCAR team into a family-oriented business.

I know some people were a little bit unsure about Joe Gibbs retiring to "be with family" then joining up with his NASCAR team again. But after watching the segment on outside the lines today I know that he was 100% sincere when he said that. THe report detailed his grandson's health problems and how it made Joe feel to not be able to spend time with him and his other grandchildren. The report showed his office for his NASCAR team and he has playpins and toys for his grandchildren in his office. THey said that there are almost always grandchildren running around in the garages and offices and it showed Joe playing with his grandchildren. There is absolutely no doubt that it is a FAMILY business and his family is always around him now. He is 100% sincere in everything he says and does, a real class act and great guy.

Good for Joe, the man, the legend.

HTTR

Family appears to be the most important thing to Joe, so you have to give him alot of credit for giving us four of his golden years to help rebuild our franchise.

Despite missing his family, Joe righted the ship and put us in the right direction. Enjoy your retirement and rest Coach. You deserve it!

:cheers:

Family appears to be the most important thing to Joe, so you have to give him alot of credit for giving us four of his golden years to help rebuild our franchise.

Despite missing his family, Joe righted the ship and put us in the right direction. Enjoy your retirement and rest Coach. You deserve it!

quoted for the truth.... you definitely can't fault him for his decision.

Too true! Couldn't agree more! :applause:

its a "feel good" thread, I posted it immediately after watching the thing. It's just irritating that anytime someone "misses" a thread or posts something that someone else already posted people jump on it like it's a huge problem. Just let it go. All my friends already stopped coming to this site because people complain and jump on each other too much. Go to the Giants fan site and compare how they do things to how people do it on here. Besides, my post was basically a summary of what was said in the main thread, not a "stay tuned for details" thread that you have to scroll through to find any info. Maybe the 10,000 posts club should chill and let people enjoy the site

I couldn't agree more.

It's just irritating that anytime someone "misses" a thread or posts something that someone else already posted people jump on it like it's a huge problem. Just let it go. All my friends already stopped coming to this site because people complain and jump on each other too much. Go to the Giants fan site and compare how they do things to how people do it on here. Besides, my post was basically a summary of what was said in the main thread, not a "stay tuned for details" thread that you have to scroll through to find any info. Maybe the 10,000 posts club should chill and let people enjoy the site

Just trying to help you out dude so you don't get a shiny new NNT next to your name. Don't gotta get all butt hurt about it.

Another note if not already mentioned. Joe's wife Pat has health problems as well. My parents were at a dinner with both of them a couple of weeks ago, and they said Pat did not look well. I won't elaborate, but lets keep her in our thoughts and/or prayers too.

Archived