Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Outside the Lines [ESPN]: Special Report with Gibbs on his Retirement (merged)

RenegadeTK

Another note if not already mentioned. Joe's wife Pat has health problems as well. My parents were at a dinner with both of them a couple of weeks ago, and they said Pat did not look well. I won't elaborate, but lets keep her in our thoughts and/or prayers too.

Why won't you elaborate? Did she crap herself or something? Is she your Grandma? :silly:

I know some people were a little bit unsure about Joe Gibbs retiring to "be with family" then joining up with his NASCAR team again. But after watching the segment on outside the lines today I know that he was 100% sincere when he said that. THe report detailed his grandson's health problems and how it made Joe feel to not be able to spend time with him and his other grandchildren. The report showed his office for his NASCAR team and he has playpins and toys for his grandchildren in his office. THey said that there are almost always grandchildren running around in the garages and offices and it showed Joe playing with his grandchildren. There is absolutely no doubt that it is a FAMILY business and his family is always around him now. He is 100% sincere in everything he says and does, a real class act and great guy.

Good for Joe, the man, the legend.

HTTR

It was probably hard for Joe to concentrate on football like he needed to. Nascar isn't as demanding on him.

I respect the man. Always will.

I appreciate that he came back and tried to rebuild the skins and his heart was always in the right place but ultimately it was not in his best or the teams best interest.

Good intentions are sometimes not enough and his legacy has definately been been tarnished some.

I'm happy he's with his family and I sincerely hope all goes well for them from here on out. But I'm also happy he's gone.

Frankly, I don't have any desire to watch puff pieces on him in his retirement. I am so ready to move on from Gibbs 2.0.

Point him in the direction of the sunset and let's play some ball!

:helmet:

Let the moderators do their job children.

They are doing exactly what we moderators ask of each & every member. If you don't like it, then perhaps it's best that you adhere to the old saying of 'Children should be seen & not heard'.

Whenever I think of the Redskins, I will think of Joe. His heart is in the right place; I feel that given his family problems, he knew that he wouldn't be able to give 100%. Therefore, he made the best decision for both the Redskins and himself and retired.

just accept responsibility and quit trying to deny wrongdoing ...

too many threads on the forum to scroll through to find legit ones. This one has been merged, so its cool.

At least you didn't post some thread about how we should trade Shar Pourdanesh for Joe Montana and a first rounder...

They are doing exactly what we moderators ask of each & every member. If you don't like it, then perhaps it's best that you adhere to the old saying of 'Children should be seen & not heard'.

I agree with that. Some of us understand the mods want the other members helping to remind newbies of the rules...

Archived