Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Father' of LSD dies at 102

#98QBKiller

Who............. :laugh:

The man who changed a generation so to speak with his discovery of LSD.

BBC News

Albert Hofmann, the Swiss chemist who discovered the hallucinogenic drug LSD, has died of a heart attack at his home in Basel at the age of 102.

Mr Hofmann first produced LSD in 1938 while researching the medicinal uses of a crop fungus.

He accidentally ingested some of the drug and said later: "Everything I saw was distorted as in a warped mirror."

He argued for decades that LSD could help treat mental illness, but in the 1960s it became a popular street drug.

'Turn on, tune in, drop out'

While working with the drug in the Sandoz pharmaceutical laboratory a few years after first producing it, Mr Hofmann ingested some of the drug through his fingertips.

He went home and experienced what he described as visions of "fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense, kaleidoscopic play of colours".

Click on the link for the full article

_44613272_hofmann_afp226b.jpg

You are, but I don't remember me being there. Long strange trip huh ;)
You were the skinny dude on the bike, right? I was the long-haired guy losing the cops in the lime green Pinto with the white vinyl top.

Let me just say from personal experience that this is a very bad idea if you are already in a depressed state when you try it. :2cents:

One of my most enlightened moments was when I was on a bad trip...

suffering isn't always bad, sometimes it shows you what's wrong

Archived