Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will end up better? Kelly or Thomas?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Thinking about it, I now like these two picks. I just wish we'd pick up C. Campbell or even Dre Moore with our 48th pick rather than a TE. Yoder is a decent back up IMO and I think that pick was totally unnecessary.

I hate to do this before they even sign a contract, but I'll humor myself here.

After watching as much youtube as I can of the two, I'm going to have to say Kelly will be better. He is big and he attacks the ball in the air. He seems to be able to catch the ball with ease and can separate from a DB after the catch with his size (college DB's can not tackle). At times he seemed like Cooley in a WR's body, in regards to finding space and catching ability. He didn't come off as too scared in the middle, but went out of bounds on his feet a bit more than I would like. That is not a characteristic I'm used to with this team.

Basically everything I saw on youtube made me more impressed with Kelly. I knew basically nothing about either of these guys beforehand.

Thomas seems to be very fast and great with screens and deking DB's. He came off as a bigger Santana to me. I saw less of him going over the middle, but also less of him going out of bounds. In fact he seemed to be at his best straddling the sidelines.

In all fairness, I just judged the future of these players based off of some youtube highlights. And furthermore, Thomas didn't even have much film on youtube.

But I'm still going to say Kelly. :)

I hope they both are great.

I honestly can't wait to see how our offense looks this year. I just hope we actually let these guys play early in the season. Chris Cooley, Fred Davis, Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly in the red zone might just drastically improve our luck there. I'm thinking Kelly will have more td's but I'd think Thomas will get more playing time this year. Overall I hope they work out to be our Boldin-Fitzgerald or Chad-TJ combo for years; hopefully we'll still be debating which one is better in 5 years.

Both guys will be really good. I see Devin Thomas as a young James Thrash, and I see Kelly as a solid go-to guy on 3rd down and in the red zone. Kelly is gonna present tough match-ups for other teams' secondaries. Kelly is also gonna be the guy that can win a jump ball battle on a poorly thrown pass. You gotta love WRs with this kind of gusto. Devin Thomas will get open on the long ball, and QB Jason Campbell will be able to rely on his ability to beat DBs down the field. He also has punt and kickoff return skills....nice.

I agree. Portis is as much a beneficiary of this draft as Campbell. Can't wait to see Portis running wild in Zorn's spread offense.

Thomas is a big physical guy who has great strength, if he develops as a down-field blocker it should open things up for the home-runs.

I'm just excited to have some more weapons for JC.

I reserve judgment about who will be better until they get some time on the field in training camp.

***** about the draft if you want guys, but I would have bet you 100 dollars last night that this thread here would have 0% chance of existing.

This is amazing talen at the Pass Catching position.

I see a Clinton portis revival.

Why don't I remember your sig happening? That's the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Thomas reminds me of Steve Smith with height. The guy is tough as nails and will be awesome going across the middle. He also has the power to break arm tackles and take it to the house.

Kelly reminds me of Larry Fitzgerald coming out of college. Not great speed, but terrific hands and great height. If Kelly can stay healthy he is going to be a beast.

I can't decide which one is going to be better, but I believe both of these guys has a chance to be a #1 receiver. Add Santana Moss to the mix with Chris Cooley and Fred Davis with Portis and you create major mismatch problems for opponents.

Great Job Vinny and Danny!

Archived