Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will end up better? Kelly or Thomas?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Devin Thomas or Malcolm Kelly?

IMO its kelly he doesnt have the sexy combine numbers but the guy is straight up monster on the feild. He reminds me of anquan boldin when coming out of college. Q came out of college injured and very bad combine numbers cards selected a WR before him (bryant johnson). We all know how that turned out. Kelly just seems to have that natural football player instincts. Screw his slow 40 time watch his highlights he has wings on the feild.

170c34f2-1a32-455e-97b8-e64799a16c58.jpg

Michigan%20St%20Ohio%20St%20football%20thomas%20washington.JPG

i think Thomas will have quicker success of the two due to his KO return abilities, but i think over the long run Kelly will be the more productive player.

i'm hoping both have successful, productive careers in the maroon & black

Iam assuming zorn will be our head coach for a very long time then:laugh:

Kelly I think has the best hands of the draft, and logged as having only 1 dropped pass in 2 years. Something I dont think any or our starters can say. He's faster than his combine time. I just worry about him staying healthy. But I'm going with Kelly.

Kelly.

Don't trust guys 1 year of good college footbabll.

Thomas spend few years in community college then transfered to michigan and has "one" great season. Last recivers drafted this high who had "one" great year and originally started from community college are chad johnson & Steve Smith.hmmmmmmmmm:)

Thomas..... i was really hoping that we would be able to snatch Thomas. when we gave up our pick at #21 i thought we blew our shot. i can't wait to see him in the B&G

either way, i hope we are debating about which one of them is better for a long time.

1A and 1B.

This will be like Monty and Golston of a few years past.

I think Kelly will have more initial success. He has played at a big time program longer and he's already used to running west coast routes.

Then in year two Thomas will put in the work and get a lot out of his physical gifts.

Also I think Kelly will get love in the redzone packages, which will help him get on the field and make an impact.

Thomas spend few years in community college then transfered to michigan and has "one" great season. Last recivers drafted this high who had "one" great year and originally started from community college are chad johnson & Steve Smith.hmmmmmmmmm:)

haha... i love the wishful thinking :cheers:

haha... i love the wishful thinking :cheers:

From what i heard in his post draft interview he sounds just like chad and steve. He feels he has a chip in his shoulders and he wants to make all the teams pay that passed on him.

From what i heard in his post draft interview he sounds just like chad and steve. He feels he has a chip in his shoulders and he wants to make all the teams pay that passed on him.

yessir.... that's my favorite thing about the kid. i hope he keeps that mentality throughout his career.

yessir.... that's my favorite thing about the kid. i hope he keeps that mentality throughout his career.

I never even put Thomas in my players I hoped we drafted cause I thought he would go in the top 15. Then again Like 8 others I was surprised to see drop so far. Thomas is going to be a stud. We are going to have one of the best WR in football for years to come and we stole him in the 2nd round. Without even looking at what everyone drafted just from what I remember I think the Skins, Miami and KC has done the best so far. Did you see how yoked Thomas is too. Boy got some guns. Man I am excited about our Offense!

I think it's hard to say. I think if the question was "who will have a more immediate impact?" ... I would say Kelly for sure. Thomas has the athleticism and potential you look for in a guy .. but he is still pretty raw. I am ecstatic to have him, and curious to see Zorn's ability to bring these guys along in the new system.

Kelly seems to have more potential to give us an immediate boost in the red zone. Having watched his entire college career I can tell you, he always seems to find a way to get open in the end zone. He is a big target with possibly the best hands in the draft. The guy dropped because of poor times and concern over his knees. If the knees are fine, we got a guy who is going to be a difference maker and help us finish off those drives we have been unable to convert into points.

I'm a bit of a homer but let me just address one issue; Malcolm is not a malcontent. He ran his mouth in a moment of frustration, when he didn't even yet know the specifics of what had happened (he thought OU's Coach Schmidt had moved the workout on his whim when the sutface was insisted upon by the NFL scouts). The pressures of the process, and watching your stock drop by what equates into millions of dollars drove Malcolm to act out of character. He immediately apologized and reconciled with the coaching staff, who told anyone that would listen that Malcolm was a hard worker and never gave them any problems.

People see this story and a goofy locker room rap video, and assume that he is the next TO. If you've ever watched him play or followed his career it's pretty obvious that this couldn't be further from the truth. I am not buddy, buddy with MK .. and barely know him .. but I have had class with him and bs'd with him on a couple of occasions. He was always a laid back, down to earth guy from my experiences ... not some big mouthed prima donna.

Bottom line, we got two great pickups. One monster athlete who has shown a year of promise that should have us all drooling. Another who is big and has the natural soft hands that receivers can't learn (see: Rod Gardner). This is the first time in a long time that the Redskins have had the depth and talent at WR that may come in necessary as injuries take their toll.

People see this story and a goofy locker room rap video, and assume that he is the next TO. If you've ever watched him play or followed his career it's pretty obvious that this couldn't be further from the truth. I am not buddy, buddy with MK .. and barely know him .. but I have had class with him and bs'd with him on a couple of occasions. He was always a laid back, down to earth guy from my experiences ... not some big mouthed prima donna.

interesting... imagine if you knew then that he was a future redskin.

i've got my fingers-crossed that his outburst is not indicative of his personality and future here. i am an extremely competitive person and have definitely said things i didnt mean in the heat of battle, so i give him the benefit of the doubt. plus he did seem sincere in his apology on rome is burning. he didnt sidestep or try to deny, he just apologized. it was good to see him act like a man.

Archived