Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After we draft WR, the TE, then WR is it possible...

RWJ

please i feel that we are okay at WR after today... we are going to be able to stretch the field now... i was hoping for campbell but kelly will help and if he pans out then we have 2 good receivers as well as a speedster and a slot receiver... good pick ups all around

I really doubt that.

I think it's possible next year after we see how the offense comes along and how the rookies develop.

We are going to be swapping personnel like crazy. We can go speed (Moss, El, Thomas), power (Cooley, Davis, Kelly, Sellers), spread (Moss, El, Thomas, Kelly)... the options are plentiful. Let's see where this goes before we attempt making huge changes.

Besides Moss and El don't have proper value right now. Zorn's system will help them pad their stats.

Nope, we are trading Kelly, Davis and Thomas for Ocho Cinco, take this statement to the bank!
We could offer Cincy 3 1st rounders and they'd turn it down. It isn't about our offer, they are making a statement to Johnson and the league that just because you want something, doesn't mean you'll get it. You sign a contract, and the team owns the contract and can do as it pleases with it. If they trade or cut Johnson, it will be on their terms, not his. And I agree, the players need to remember that their rights are owned by teams, like it or not. Either get paid to play or pout and risk your chances of succeeding elsewhere.

Nope, we have 4 good WRs now, why would we mess that up?

Keep in mind that in Seattle, they had 4 solid WRs for Hasselbeck to spread the ball around to. Branch/Engram/Burleson/Hackett. Same thing with Green Bay with Driver/Jennings/Jones/Robinson. With this many weapons, I think we're going to be seeing Jason spread the ball around quite a bit.

I was extremely shocked, even alittle POed at the idea of us drafting a TE and another WR in the second. I've warmed up to Kelly, loved the pick of Thomas, and am still alittle confused over the pick of Davis.

I think we could've picked up a decent TE in the later rounds, but hey. You can't have too many weapons as Seattle, Green Bay, Indy, and NE have shown us.

Look at what are WR's did last season..... Look at the RED zone last season...

This problem was fixed on Saturday. Now it's time to work on the line needs, a CB that could play on special teams and our 3rd string QB. Were going to give teams a lot of problems this season. I like these moves. Think day two should be interesting.

Sorry, but I'm one of those skeptics......with yesterday's picks, I think we put Santana Moss on notice. Also, it really wouldn't surprise me, if they did something stupid and send all 3 picks to the Bengals for that loud mouth malcontent! Again, it has nothing to do with the number of picks you have. It's more so about what you do with those picks! Okay, now we could sit back and see how the drama unfolds on Day 2, but don't be surprised if the Redskins cut at least 6 of their draft choices BEFORE the season begins and without ever addressing the other 4 areas we have needs in.....

won't happen... their contracts are huge, they are old and not valued very high in the league and young receivers typically take a whole to adjust to the nfl ... don't expect these young guns to come in, learn a new system and start...

This definitely shows a real commitment to the passing game. I think Moss does need to produce this year. Maybe this will light a fire under his arse to perform again to his full abilities. My personal opinion is that Moss's issues are from the neck up, less so from those hammy's etc. When he's on, there's no one better- but when he's not, he simply disappears.

Why the hell would we trade any of our wide receivers and undo everything that was done yesterday? I don't understand all the hand-wringing (well actually I do but not the logical hand-wringing). You take the best player available in the draft at a position of need.

1. We needed WRs and got two highly rated ones. It generally takes WRs a few years to reach their potential. We will work these guys into the offense slowly and still need Moss and Randle El.

2. I don't understand why everyone is so confused by the drafting of Davis. We were bringing in guys off the street last year (see Kozlowski). Yoder is okay but nothing special. Not only does Davis give us depth behind Cooley but gives us versatility.

I'm not arrogant enough to think that I know more about these players than any front office in the NFL and I admit that I would like to have us take either Merling or Campbell but we didn't and I'd have to guess there is some reasoning behind it. We have Campbell's d-line coach from his best year in college and I've seen people use this as reasoning that we should have taken him. They way I see it is if Palermot thought that highly of him he would be a Redskin now.

I'm interested to see what we do today.

Archived