Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Thomas?

The Fourth King

Wait, his sophomore year he had what 6 catches and a good year as a junior, which makes this guy a one year wonder. IMO an unproven draft pick at a position that we really don't need help at.

Guess im skeptical.

Kid transferred from Juco, hard to get playing time as a relative unknown. He dominated in '07 when given a chance and looked exceptional every time I saw him play.

Coming from Juco and performing like he did tells me he's hungry. The fact that he improved his vertical from 28" at the combine to 33" at his pro day also tells me something about his work ethic.

Thomas has great potential. Good deep speed, great hands, nice elusiveness, strenght and a knack for making plays when the team needs it.

Like the pick.

then keep your motuh shut and root for another team..... guess your bitter we didnt go d-line first pick, when there is plenty available in the later rounds

No. Actually I was quite happy that we traded down from #21. I was even fairly happy with the particulars of the trade. Unfortunately San Diego and Seattle screwed everything up when they selected the first two guys I wanted in the second round (Cason and Jackson). I'd have picked Jordy Nelson over Donna Thomas every day and twice on Sunday. Unfortunately there's now nothing left that I really want to see the Redskins acquire in the second round.

Is he the prototypical receiver we need? Whats his height and weight? Do you think he'll start this? As #3 in place of Caldewell? Does he have "sure" hands?

Sorry for all the questions but I don't watch any College football. AT ALL.

He's 6'2" 215.

He is probably the most prototypical WR in the draft. There are other guys that are taller and/or bigger, but they don't have his speed. There are other guys that are faster, but they don't have his size.

He has great hands, and he is a homerun threat when he has the ball.

I suppose the knock on him is that he is a junior and this was the only year he got significant playing time.

Thomas Davis and now Kelly. It's too bad Joe didnt like the tall receivers, i really think being short at wideout is what kept us from dominating the past few years. It looks like Smurfs II is over. When we took Davis, i read he can play a little WR, so I was relieved since Thomas isnt much of a leaper. Then we shock the world and take Kelly. Am i dreaming we got 3 offensive guys already?

Sorry Santana and ARE, but you guys were not getting it done.

Um, I'm 6'4 and to me, 6'1 IS short. So this seems like a stupid pick if you're looking to add size. Even Kelly made more sense.

If they would just have drafted Sweed, they could have had the best of both worlds and spent the extra 2nd rounder on Henne or Brohm.

Um, I'm 6'4 and to me, 6'1 IS short. So this seems like a stupid pick if you're looking to add size. Even Kelly made more sense.

If they would just have drafted Sweed, they could have had the best of both worlds and spent the extra 2nd rounder on Henne or Brohm.

6'1 is not short stop tryin to find negative things to say... look at the WRs we have and all of them are a few inches shy of 6 foot not only that they have proven to not really be durable or even number 1 WRs so yea we did very well IMO drafting these WRs

Why would we get a QB, when we need help at defensive end? :doh: Sweed, yes I agree with you because Kelly has had 2 knee surgeries, Sweed would of been the better pick and he's big!

I'm 6'6" and to me 6'4" is short, what kind of logic is that?

Limas Sweed strikes me as a bit one dimensional. What both Thomas and Kelly have over Sweed is the ability to run after the catch, and that happens to be a staple of the WCO.

Why would we get a QB, when we need help at defensive end? :doh: Sweed, yes I agree with you because Kelly has had 2 knee surgeries, Sweed would of been the better pick and he's big!

Sweed hurt his wrist twice last year and missed 6 games his senior year...Steelers can have that headache....

I'm 6'6" and to me 6'4" is short, what kind of logic is that?

Limas Sweed strikes me as a bit one dimensional. What both Thomas and Kelly have over Sweed is the ability to run after the catch, and that happens to be a staple of the WCO.

Bingo! I like Sweed and think he could be a great redzone threat, but I like the Thomas pick a lot. Kelly, not so much.

I was shocked that we got him, but even more shocked that we got Kelly. Sure we have met a need at WR, but what about a defensive lineman in the second round. I could have lived with that. They probably could have still gotten DL with that one pick and gotten Kelly. I can't say that I don't like the picks, but I would like to have seen more diversity in the picks. I would rate our draft thus far a B.

Archived