Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An interesting idea

kiingspadee

Ok so we want to obtain a stand-out WR (Boldin, Williams, Johnson) Well how about we give away some draft picks - AND throw Betts in the mix. We then in turn sign Alexander (I really don't like him however talk about a 1-2 Punch) Betts tends to fumble quite frequently (Rams game comes to mind in St. Louis on Christmas Eve) and Alexander had lost 0 fumbles all season (correct me if I am wrong I am pretty sure and when I say lost I mean he fumbled but recovered) obviously he knows he is not going to start and here http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/former-nfl-mvp-alexander-out-of-a-job/20080422195409990001?icid=100214839x1200557514x1200020212 he says "I will be playing for another NFL team this fall, and doing everything I can to contribute," said Alexander. With that said he KNOWS he will just be a contributor. I say sign him, throw Betts into a trade scenario and get one of these WRS.

I would also like to know WHY this is horrible idea?

1) Alexander will = $$ which we dont have

2) he is also old

3) we tried getting a top play WR and no one is biting...how is this going to work...oh thats right we are giving them a back-up running back...

SA cannot get the job done against the defenses in our division. The only reason he was a reasonable back was the weak division, and a strong line.

Everytime we played him, he looked weaker and more impotent, after the year we whacked him out of the playoff game. He now jumps at his own shadow, has no heart, and looks for defenders coming rather than open lanes.

I wouldn't take him as a walk-on, vet minimum.

also Sean had maybe a few (2) good years before he was plagued with injuries. He also ran behind a GREAT line during his"good" years, have you looked at his production since Hutchinson left...there is a reason that Seattle let him go people

Speaking of irony's......how's Brandon Llyod doing?

:laugh: Owned!

I don't think it is a horrible idea but it seems very fantasy football like. Trading Betts which his value has decreased since last year assuming that his value is worth a decent amount to other teams and then signing Alexander who is I predict would be very pricey. It's an interesting suggestion, but it seems very Maddenny to me

Man some people need to watch the movie Dumb and Dumber!

Anyway.....stop with the trade Betts nonsense.....hes a huge part of this team....period...we need him.

And to the guy who said Malcom Kelley is slow....he ran a faster 40 than Anquan Boldin.....he turned out alright.

I would also like to know WHY this is horrible idea?

Because Shaun Alexander is going to get a lot more money than he deserves from a team like the Lions, and he has been pretty bad for the last two years.

Ever since his MVP year, he has been average at best. He was running behind one of the greatest left sides of an offensive line ever with Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson, that is something that will not be replicated. Since Hutchinson left and Alexander started to get a little dinged up, he has gone downhill quickly.

Anyway.....stop with the trade Betts nonsense.....hes a huge part of this team....period...we need him.

And to the guy who said Malcom Kelley is slow....he ran a faster 40 than Anquan Boldin.....he turned out alright.

I said he was slow, which he is slow...Boldin is also a bigger receiver (bulk) so he is capable of breaking tackles downfield...also Boldin wasnt one knee injury away from ending his career.

Boldin - 6'1 223

Kelly - 6'4 212

Also I love dumb & dumber!!

lets draft Kelly another great idea...the guy is slow, very slow has banged up knees...how about we get Brandon Llyod back while were at it.

Right since an anchor looking for a juicy story on NFL Network said his knees are banged up it must be true, even though Kelly's doctor says otherwise.

And why don't you let him run on the same surface as the rest of the draft candidates before calling him slow? Ever heard of Anquan Boldin? He ran a dookie 40 and played in the pro-bowl his rookie year.

Not to mention, Kelly's big, has great hands and will take big hits and not drop the ball....which is EXACTLY what we need in a receiver, we already have our speed in Moss and ARE.

So we give up 2 draft choices and overpay for him, now you want to throw in our safety net at RB? What else do we get? I want their 2nd rounder this year, 5th rounder next year AND CJ. If we give up 2 picks for CJ, we look foolish. We throw in Betts and we look just plain stupid, like this idea.

I'm not pro scout, but I never watched Shawn Alexander play and thought I was watching a great back. He put up great numbers behind a great line, but I never felt like I was watching an elite running back play. He seemed to lack burst and was brought down too easily. He's old for a RB, on the downside of his career, and has played like crap the last 2 years. Of course, somebody will sign him because teams always think that players who have been good but are now lousy just need a change of scenery.

^^^^^^^^^^^^Yeah what he said, BLC nailed the scenerio early on, hey BLC wanna be GM? but any fool that wants to trade Betts need not apply, Portis is looking healthy but he has not exactly stayed on the field 100% of the time and at least Betts has shown he can be productive-behind the line that is healthy itself. To look at Betts last year that must be considered. Portis and Betts are a perfect combo IMO at RB.

I don't understand the whole trade Betts scenarios. Betts has almost no trade value. It's hard enough for any RBs to get traded. Betts will be 29 by the start of the season with only 11 career starts. I don't even think any team would trade a 6th rounder for Betts because they could get a cheaper, younger player to develop in the draft.

Betts is a better fit for the WCO than Gibbs/Saunders' offense anyhow. He adds no value in trade potential (only had a chance after the 2006 season), and he's not worth giving up for what we'd get.

Archived