Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bloomberg: Obama Says Even McCain Would Be Improvement Over Bush

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080420/pl_bloomberg/avcsiamd54ic&printer=1;_ylt=AuFA1yNNoGPce7V_75MYnkOpg9IF

Obama Says Even McCain Would Be Improvement Over Bush

Hans NicholsSun Apr 20, 7:26 PM ET

April 20 (Bloomberg) -- Democrat Barack Obama today said that Republican John McCain would be an improvement over President George W. Bush, also a Republican.

``Either Democrat would be better than John McCain,'' said Obama, at the end of a town hall meeting in Reading, Pennsylvania, ahead of Tuesday's primary in that state. ``And all three of us would be better than George Bush.''

Illinois Senator Obama's comment was a departure from his scripted remarks. He has spent the weekend sharpening his case against presumptive Republican nominee McCain and the Democrat he must first defeat, New York Senator Hillary Clinton.

Clinton quickly seized on Obama's statement and incorporated it into her rally in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. ``Obama said today that John McCain would be better for the country than George Bush,'' she said. ``But Senator McCain would follow the same failed policies that have been so wrong for our country the last seven years.''

In each of his five rallies yesterday, Obama criticized McCain for saying in an interview April 17 with Bloomberg Television that the economy, under Bush's stewardship, has made ``great progress.''

Earlier in the town hall meeting today before a foot- stomping crowd that his campaign estimated at 2,600, Obama said, ``I assume he wasn't talking to the folks, the 8,300 Pennsylvanians who lost their jobs, or the millions of people whose homes are at risk of foreclosure.''

Click link for rest of story

lol... hillary is a dumbass.

Although I agree with this statement wholeheartedly, how is it any different than what Obama has been saying all along? He has been saying a vote for McCain would be like a vote for a third term of Bush for weeks.

Cuz McCain has just spent the past few weeks distancing himself from present adminstration policies.

He can run but can't hide, I for one will always be touched by that heartfelt hug he gave W. Although, MCBUSH and Hillary are a dismal choice if it comes to that

Nice essay. I agree with the theme and analysis. Not sure I concur with the conclusion though. Although, I've said privately that I think we are at a tipping point and whoever is President is going to have to guide us through a very difficult minefield. Some of it placed by President Bush, but much of it just events that are catching up with us, or mines that Presidents have been pushing off and ignoring for decades.

Regardless, we need someone that can work with... I think that is possible with McCain or Obama... and not work against which I think would be Hillary and was a primary strategy of President Bush.

We are on the cusp of needing to make some big decisions and the need to for We the People to bare some pain and sacrifice for the well-being of the country. To move forward, I think we will have to be unhappy for a while. I fully believe whoever becomes Pres this time around will likely be hated and blamed for a lot of misery. Hopefully though, it's more like the misery of rabies shots and that when we're through with it 20 years down the line... we are a strong, healthy, and prosperous nation still.

Nice essay. I agree with the theme and analysis. Not sure I concur with the conclusion though. Although, I've said privately that I think we are at a tipping point and whoever is President is going to have to guide us through a very difficult minefield. Some of it placed by President Bush, but much of it just events that are catching up with us, or mines that Presidents have been pushing off and ignoring for decades.

Agree with everything you said. It's going to be very interesting to see how this all plays out. And a little scary. To say the least.

Obama just shot down the dems ability to say McCain is another Bush, i am liking him more and more :silly:

Eh, that **** will fly in the primaries (which is why Hillary's still stuck on it) but you need to come with something different in the general where most, if not all, swing voters at least respect McCain. As they should.

Agree with everything you said. It's going to be very interesting to see how this all plays out. And a little scary. To say the least.

Eh, that **** will fly in the primaries (which is why Hillary's still stuck on it) but you need to come with something different in the general where most, if not all, swing voters at least respect McCain. As they should.

Which is why I see McCain winning the general election today.

Again, I don't see how this is an issue. Obama has said that the economic and foreign policies of McCain are an extension of GWB, but how is it not still possible to be superior to GWB in other areas?

It's a sad day when the political process is so rotted to the core that you can't even pay respect to an opponent anymore without it being turned against you.

Which is why I see McCain winning the general election today.

I could see myself voting for him.

Right now, I haven't paid much attention to the candidate's positions. I'm just building an opinion of their personalities. (Which is important to me. To me, one of the jobs of President is leadership.)

He seems to be honest, independent, and abrasive. And I think we're going to need somebody like that, if we're going to straighten out a lot of the messes we've created, which look like they're all building together.

I could see myself voting for him.

Right now, I haven't paid much attention to the candidate's positions. I'm just building an opinion of their personalities. (Which is important to me. To me, one of the jobs of President is leadership.)

He seems to be honest, independent, and abrasive. And I think we're going to need somebody like that, if we're going to straighten out a lot of the messes we've created, which look like they're all building together.

I think we should have McCain be the prez and Obama the VP :)

Archived