Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter vs. Demarcus Ware - Who is the better all-around player

doncherry

I think I want the 2 minutes of my life...I spent reading this thread...refunded.

I never understood why people say this...especially if the poster has what the thread is about, typed clearly in the title. The only way I'd understand it, is if there were no such things as titles on ES.

I don't watch alot of Dallas games. Not all the way through, anyway. But I love to root against them. So when the Skins aren't on at the same time I usually catch some of the action, especially if its close.

The thing is. Ware has never jumped out at me as a defensive beast.

The thing is. Ware has never jumped out at me as a defensive beast.

It's one of the most mystifying things to me, man. :confused:

Someone tabbed Ware as a beast and it has just been accepted by the masses.

I've seen many (not all) Dallas games, and it's never crossed my mind that Ware was dominant. I actually think the key to their whole defense is Ellis.

It's just shocking that people think he is SOOOOO much better than Carter. He has better speed off the edge and moves around a lot, which makes him a more dangerous pass rusher. Still, you make him an end in a 4-3, and I bet opposing offenses paint a big target on his position when crafting their running game plan.

I would take Ware for his superior pass-rushing ability, but if I'm running a 4-3, I think I'd rather see Carter lined up at DE on running downs. Carter is better in that department than people give him credit for. :2cents:

lol I love the Redskins and I probably tend to err biased towards skins players...but this is kinda silly. Ware is better than Carter...and I like Carter a lot and appreciate what he's done for our team...was getting the "bust" mention for a while but really got in a groove and is playing good football now. I've seen plenty of Ware and he makes plays Carter doesn't make ..I don't care if the dude is a Cowboy.

Witten /Cooley is simliar, with Witten being better and I love Captain Chaos. It is what it is.

The original question was who is the better all around player, not by how wide of a margin.

One thing that bugs me about Samuels is that he'll shut down everyoe (Umeniora, etc.) but he always struggles with Ware.

Are you kidding? Samuels pretty much dominates Ware. Ware had that one play on Samuels in the game in Dallas last year where he got an insane jump on the snap. Other than that, pretty much zilch.

Don't know what games you've been watching...

It's one of the most mystifying things to me, man. :confused:

Someone tabbed Ware as a beast and it has just been accepted by the masses.

I've seen many (not all) Dallas games, and it's never crossed my mind that Ware was dominant. I actually think the key to their whole defense is Ellis.

It's just shocking that people think he is SOOOOO much better than Carter. He has better speed off the edge and moves around a lot, which makes him a more dangerous pass rusher. Still, you make him an end in a 4-3, and I bet opposing offenses paint a big target on his position when crafting their running game plan.

I would take Ware for his superior pass-rushing ability, but if I'm running a 4-3, I think I'd rather see Carter lined up at DE on running downs. Carter is better in that department than people give him credit for. :2cents:

The fact is, I've watched most of the pukes' games last year, and even Ellis is a better player than Ware. Ware benefits from a five man attack on most plays, whereas Carter is a DE in a four line rush...yet, Carter's sack numbers were very close to Ware's last year.

I respect my fellow Skins' fans views, here, but I believe many have fallen prey to the puke/Aikman/Buck hype. Ellis is better than Ware. In 2006, Ellis was injured and the puke's defense was dismal. At the beginning of 2007, a Dallas Morning News columnist began calling Ware "Demarcus Where".

The point is, Where looks pretty good because of his supporting cast and scheme...and Carter looks less impressive for the same reason.

I can understand the bias here...the pukes benefit from the largest, most casual, fan base of modern sports...and the hype machine behind it.

Sometimes it's difficult to break through to see the reality.

Are you kidding? Samuels pretty much dominates Ware. Ware had that one play on Samuels in the game in Dallas last year where he got an insane jump on the snap. Other than that, pretty much zilch.

Samuels eats Ware for lunch.

I don't know Tr1, I mean did you see Ware blow by our O-Line in both games last season? It was frustrating as heck.

The knock on Ware to me is, that once it get's deep into the 3rd Quarter- 4th, he disappears.

I don't know Tr1, I mean did you see Ware blow by our O-Line in both games last season? It was frustrating as heck.

The knock on Ware to me is, that once it get's deep into the 3rd Quarter- 4th, he disappears.

I don't recall those plays...but, that scheme is guaranteed to get LBs some sacks. Ellis is the better player, even at his advanced age...ask any puke fan.

Without Ellis, Where doesn't really stand out.

And I suppose that's why he got a sack, forced fumble in BOTH games last year, along with regular pressures? He was a hair away from several more sacks.

Ware for the most part is unblockable one on one. He's too big, strong, and fast to draw a man up assignment. Carter was a double digit sack guy last year on an otherwise average line. Give the guy some big dues. But i know that i hold my breath every time Campbell says hike against the cowboys. Ware is scary.

Any stat nerds out there that can stack them side by side? I could do it myself but am really lazy. Didnt Andre have 10 tackles, and a sack or 2, in the fourth quarter game last year? A really important game. That is beast and monster.

Archived