Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter vs. Demarcus Ware - Who is the better all-around player

doncherry

Ware is equal to Carter. If you throw a couple second rounders in with Carter. Is the OP a Dallas troll?

No, the OP is not a troll. tr1 insisted in an ATN thread that Carter was a better all around player than Ware, and when he was called on it he told the OP to take it to the stadium to see what everyone had to say. Needless to say it seems like tr1 is on his own here.

Ware is a better player, but they do play different positions. I don't know that Ware would be all that much better if he were a DE in a 4-3. Yeah, he's quicker, I just don't know that he would hold up well against the run.

Personally, I think he's overrated. Samuels pretty much controls him. You can bet your bottom dollar that Zorn would love to see Ware try to cover Cooley one-on-one.

Someone started calling him a monster and it's just become accepted fact. I still don't see it in games with any consistency. He makes some plays, no doubt, but I can't recall seeing a game where he just completely dominated the other team.

So, yeah, in pure terms, Ware is a more stellar performer. All other things being equal, you'd take Ware w/o much thought (scheme differences aside). I sure as heck wouldn't pay Ware what the Cowboys are going to pay him, though. He ain't worth it. Carter's price/performance will suit me just fine, in that case.

Ware is a better player, but they do play different positions. I don't know that Ware would be all that much better if he were a DE in a 4-3. Yeah, he's quicker, I just don't know that he would hold up well against the run.

Personally, I think he's overrated. Samuels pretty much controls him. You can bet your bottom dollar that Zorn would love to see Ware try to cover Cooley one-on-one.

Someone started calling him a monster and it's just become accepted fact. I still don't see it in games with any consistency. He makes some plays, no doubt, but I can't recall seeing a game where he just completely dominated the other team.

So, yeah, in pure terms, Ware is a more stellar performer. All other things being equal, you'd take Ware w/o much thought (scheme differences aside). I sure as heck wouldn't pay Ware what the Cowboys are going to pay him, though. He ain't worth it. Carter's price/performance will suit me just fine, in that case.

I totally agree. The Cowboys system is designed for the OLB a.k.a Ware to roam free and "make plays". He is overrated just as Shawne Merriman is. When San Diego put Shawne Merriman into a more traditional linebacking assignment, his numbers came way down. Ware can not play in any system, and thus, is not truly a beast.

Oh yeah, and Merriman>>>>>>>>>Ware!

Look i love all the skins players...but living in Dallas and having watched him one could make the argument that D-Ware is the best OLB in the league

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

By pure talent, I think you have to go with Ware on this one. Carter is a hell of an athlete, and has been the first consistent pass rushing threat on the line we've had in some time. But Ware so far has shown that he excels as a pass rusher in a 3-4 defense. Carter didn't make such a great transition into a 3-4 OLB, which is why San Fran let him go in the first place.

The thing that I wonder though is whether Ware would have the ability to make the transition to an every down 4-3 DE.

Ware is better, but statements like this one aggravate me:

]']I think its safe to say that Ware is' date=' at least, above average in coverage. Whereas Carter is at best below average in run support..[/quote']

Below average? Come on. That's just ridiculous. Carter gets pushed around in run support some times, but not always. And that's about average - because if nobody ever got pushed around in run coverage, no running backs would ever get any yardage. :doh:

Archived