Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Selfishness, drops, playoff disappearing acts make T.O. overrated (merged)

Widget_5

"He's like a wild bronco," former NFL quarterback Boomer Esiason said. "Every cowboy thinks he can control him, but there are some broncos that nobody can saddle."

For some reason I like that quote.....watch out Jerry Jones! It's coming!

-How can you make that comparison to Barry Sanders, as if the two had equal supporting casts. T.O was on a team this year that had a top 5 qb throwing him the ball, an unstoppbale power back (whom always needs to be accounted for), and they had the 9th ranked d by yds as well as 12th ranked d by pts/g. Barry Sanders had none of that, all the article is stating is that T.O. is overrated because though it may appear he helps a team, he really breaks apart team unity, and causes teams to suffer as a whole (I think SF, and PHI might agree, not to mention his qb in philly wasn't all that bad, and now it looks like Garcia isn't all that bad either).

Thank you, this is exactly what I was saying.

Funny thing is most of those had more ball than TO thrown their way

Moss

Johnson

TJ

Plaxico

Braylon Edwards

Reggie Wayne

Welker

All had more passes targeted at them than TO

Kevin Curtis had 6 less than TO

Which is irrelevant because they weren't playing in the Dallas system with the Dallas playcalls and the Dallas matchups.

Basically your post is nonsense

No, it was just too complex for you.

Interesting. I never noticed this before, but for all his flash, Owens does have trouble in the playoffs.

Catches per game, yards per game, yards per catch, TDs per game ... all lower in the playoffs.

Henry...same for Art Monk.

I don't care for TO by a longshot. But it did catch my attention what he did for the Iggles when they marched into the SB. And what happened afterward. The OP is making an argument that doesn't stand...IMO.

Henry...same for Art Monk.

No no no. Shame on you. Good heavens no.

Monk's playoff averages are across-the-board higher than his regular season numbers. Every single significant stat.

Catches:

4.1 per game in the regular season

4.6 per in the playoffs

Yards per game:

56.8 regular season

70.8 playoffs

Yards per catch:

13.5 RS

15.4 playoffs

TDs per game

.3 RS

.47 playoffs

Not only that, but Monk's averages in the playoffs are better than Owens' playoffs averages in every category except catches per game. Monk, who played 20 years earlier, averaged more yards per game, yards per catch and TDs per game than Owens has in playoff games.

Let's not put those two in the same sentence again, okay? :)

Read the comments below the story. Some Puke fans will say anything to defend T.O. and his playoff performance.

Cowboys fans are thick headed....if you have been in the league 10+ years and everytime you get to the playoffs you disapear, that's a case of overatted. Not saying TO is completely overated but it makes you wonder why he can't perform in the lime-light. I think all the great ones were put in that category because they are able to succeed when all eyes were on them.

soory guys, I just lost intrest in this...i mean one minute i am arguing with a skins fan that Dallas just absolutly sux without TO......then

I am hearing that a lost of guys (as put 1/2 the WR's in the league) would have same or better numbers if in TO's position.......and on that list i see Kevin Curtis???

DG, are you saying that if Kevin Curtis was on Dallas roster as the #1 WR instead of TO, he would have the same if not better numbers then TO?

So is it Dallas has a great system with alot of weapons making TO look good or is it TO is a beast and makes an otherwise pathetic team good?:whoknows:

DG, are you saying that if Kevin Curtis was on Dallas roster as the #1 WR instead of TO, he would have the same if not better numbers then TO?

I would say the same, yes.

So is it Dallas has a great system with alot of weapons making TO look good or is it TO is a beast and makes an otherwise pathetic team good?:whoknows:

The first one. Dallas has a great system with a lot of weapons.

Not only that, but Monk's averages in the playoffs are better than Owens' playoffs averages in every category except catches per game. Monk, who played 20 years earlier, averaged more yards per game, yards per catch and TDs per game than Owens has in playoff games.

Let's not put those two in the same sentence again, okay? :)

True.

Also, Monk did that at a time when the NFL was not a pass-happy league. On a team that was more rush-oriented.

Owens and the Eagles loved to pass more. Yet Monk did better in the playoffs during his carrer.

soory guys, I just lost intrest in this...i mean one minute i am arguing with a skins fan that Dallas just absolutly sux without TO......then

I am hearing that a lost of guys (as put 1/2 the WR's in the league) would have same or better numbers if in TO's position.......and on that list i see Kevin Curtis???

-T.O. has come out and said how the Dallas offense has helped his game soo much, because Jason Garret makes play after play to satisfy this guys ego. Im not saying he doesn't get it done on sunday, but if many other receivers were in his same position they would do just as well, and they aren't even half the headache.

-T.O. has come out and said how the Dallas offense has helped his game soo much, because Jason Garret makes play after play to satisfy this guys ego. Im not saying he doesn't get it done on sunday, but if many other receivers were in his same position they would do just as well, and they aren't even half the headache.
I would say the same, yes.

The first one. Dallas has a great system with a lot of weapons.

there goes the theroy that Dallas just Sux.......at every position except WR........

Do you really think Kevin Curtis = TO...in any system in any context?

Yes. Along with several other receivers.

Wow, way to shred my argument to pieces.

I completely disagree with your argument, but i am not going to try to disprove it. I do find it hilarious that the best these two can come up with is trying to insult you. Facts and reasons usually prove points a lot better than saying "put the pipe down".

no offense, but your argument needs no shredding.,...its factless and baseless, and outright crazy!!!!

For one, how can anyone prove otherwise considering none of those guys play for Dallas.....and how can you prove your theory considering each of those WR's play for other teams...its pointless and baseless, and more then anything, the fact that you really and truly belive (i assume you do) that Kevin Curtis could in fact have TO's numbers had he played for Dallas in that system....thats just amazing..........

So in review...your theory is "if" 1/2 the other WR's in the league (including Kevin Curtis) played for Dallas and off cordinator Jason Garrett, they too would have TO's numbers..........

and how in the world can that be proved? Is there a stat or something......or is this just a guess/opinion........

I completely disagree with your argument, but i am not going to try to disprove it. I do find it hilarious that the best these two can come up with is trying to insult you. Facts and reasons usually prove points a lot better than saying "put the pipe down".

i am not insulting DG...he has his opinion....however he shouldnt try to make it fact....and he has little or no support on his side to make his opinion even close to "believable"

your hypothesis is so obviously inane that there is no need to argue. It's not argument worthy. I have no problem with football discussion but when someone posits that Keven Curtis is Terrell Owen's equal as a WR, all bets are off. I apologize if you found my post to be insulting, but I guess I just couldn't hide my disdain....

:cheers:

no offense, but your argument needs no shredding.,...its factless and baseless, and outright crazy!!!!

Whatever, man. Denial.

For one, how can anyone prove otherwise considering none of those guys play for Dallas.....and how can you prove your theory considering each of those WR's play for other teams...its pointless and baseless, and more then anything, the fact that you really and truly belive (i assume you do) that Kevin Curtis could in fact have TO's numbers had he played for Dallas in that system....thats just amazing..........

Yet you cannot disprove my theory. If its so pointless and baseless, you should have an easy an airtight argument against it. But you do not.

So in review...your theory is "if" 1/2 the other WR's in the league (including Kevin Curtis) played for Dallas and off cordinator Jason Garrett, they too would have TO's numbers..........

and how in the world can that be proved? Is there a stat or something......or is this just a guess/opinion........

It's an opinion and was presented as such from the beginning. I am defending my opinion from attacks on its credibility. As it is my opinion I am not required to provide factual evidence to back it up. However, I will debate any evidence presented in an attempt to devalue my opinion. As it stands I have done so. Therefore, since my opinion has not been disproven, it remains valid and it is shared at least in principal by the OP, the article he sited, a couple other posters in this thread, and several that were posting in the cloned thread in the stadium. As such it is far from baseless or pointless. It is simply unpopular among Dallas fans who have thin skin yet insist on posting in a Redskins forum.

your hypothesis is so obviously inane that there is no need to argue. It's not argument worthy. I have no problem with football discussion but when someone posits that Keven Curtis is Terrell Owen's equal as a WR, all bets are off. I apologize if you found my post to be insulting, but I guess I just couldn't hide my disdain....

Translation: I am unable to argue at your level on this topic and instead will resort to insulting your intelligence and continue to make semi-witty and sarcastic remarks to you.

Archived