Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Selfishness, drops, playoff disappearing acts make T.O. overrated (merged)

Widget_5

I completely disagree with your argument, but i am not going to try to disprove it. I do find it hilarious that the best these two can come up with is trying to insult you. Facts and reasons usually prove points a lot better than saying "put the pipe down".

I love DG's opinion basically he says the Cowboys and Tony Romo sits to pee are so great that they can make anyone look good.

In his opinion Welker would be better if he had Romo sits to pee as his QB instead of Brady

hence DG thinks Romo sits to pee > Brady and Cowboys > Patriots

He is entitled to that opinion

Translation: I am unable to argue at your level on this topic and instead will resort to insulting your intelligence and continue to make semi-witty and sarcastic remarks to you.

you're entitled to your opinion, but I really don't think that you believe that Kevin Curtis is TO's equal as a receiver. In terms of arguing, I could post each receivers respective stats, but quite frankly I'm too lazy to do so in response to what you have posted. I'm not sure where the "argue at your level" is coming from, do you really feel that you have posted something that is especially clever or insightful? What, that TO is a product of a system? Really? That's what you're hanging your hat on? Either you're posting something you don't really believe, or you are posting something that you do believe due to the fact that you never watch any football whatsoever and are at best a casual fan who reads about what a goof TO has been in the past. Either way, WELL DONE!!!

I love DG's opinion basically he says the Cowboys and Tony Romo sits to pee are so great that they can make anyone look good.

In his opinion Welker would be better if he had Romo sits to pee as his QB instead of Brady

hence DG thinks Romo sits to pee > Brady and Cowboys > Patriots

He is entitled to that opinion

You're making connections that don't have anything to do with my argument. I said Welker would be better if he was in TO's place, not just if he had Romo sits to pee as a QB. If Romo sits to pee replaced Brady on the Pats, Welker's stats would probably be worse. But, if Welker replaced TO on the Boys, his stats would be better. That's because Welker would be the #1 target instead of TO. But Romo sits to pee passing to Welker in the Pats system wouldn't improve Welker's stats because Romo sits to pee isn't as good as Brady. If you put Brady on the Cowboys and all else was equal, the receiving corps would have better numbers across the board. And they would have gone farther in the post season too.

you're entitled to your opinion, but I really don't think that you believe that Kevin Curtis is TO's equal as a receiver. In terms of arguing, I could post each receivers respective stats, but quite frankly I'm too lazy to do so in response to what you have posted. I'm not sure where the "argue at your level" is coming from, do you really feel that you have posted something that is especially clever or insightful? What, that TO is a product of a system? Really? That's what you're hanging your hat on? Either you're posting something you don't really believe,

I don't believe Curtis is better than TO, but I don't think TO is all that much better than Curtis either. The respective stats would prove nothing because, as I've made clear, the whole argument is based on seeing any of the receivers I listed play in place of TO last year, something that we can't test in practice. I'm not saying I posted anything especially clever, just pointing out that the best response you can come up with are wordy, cynnical jabs that basically amount to "you're opinion sucks cause I said so." In response to "TO is a product of a system," I wouldn't go that far. I never said he wasn't good. There are plenty of receivers that are not and will never be as good as him. But there are plenty that, in the right setting, would be as good as him.

or you are posting something that you do believe due to the fact that you never watch any football whatsoever and are at best a casual fan who reads about what a goof TO has been in the past. Either way, WELL DONE!!!

Hilarious. Because you can't keep up with me, I'm the one who doesn't know my football.

I can't wait for TO to blow up. My computer background at work right now is a picture of Romo sits to pee sitting on the bench with his face in his hands. On the bottom is says "FAILURE When your best just isn't good enough" the reason this is so great is because I have a Cowboy fan sitting right behind who has to look right at my computer all the time.

HAIL!

I can't wait for TO to blow up. My computer background at work right now is a picture of Romo sits to pee sitting on the bench with his face in his hands. On the bottom is says "FAILURE When your best just isn't good enough" the reason this is so great is because I have a Cowboy fan sitting right behind who has to look right at my computer all the time.

HAIL!

The expectations on Dallas are very high now and Owens doing his best imitation of the gay guy who wants everyone to lay off Brittany Spears came to Romo sits to pee's defense. Trouble is that when things go south as they often do on 13-3 teams the next year (See Ravens) then his brain kicks into gear like a run away bulldozer. Never can tell where he will end up. :laugh:

This is a quote from the article I found interesting:

"And, sometimes, all you have to do is cover Owens to render him ineffective. Take Eagles cornerback Lito Sheppard. When the Cowboys played the Eagles last season without Sheppard on Nov. 4 in Philly, Owens caught 10 balls for 174 yards with one touchdown. On Dec. 16 in Dallas, Sheppard shut down Owens, who caught only two passes for 37 yards."

It surprises me that I've seen on NFL message boards that Lito sucks and is overrated. I pray that Reid keeps him unless he can be traded for a Roy Williams-type of WR.

Read the comments below the story. Some Puke fans will say anything to defend T.O. and his playoff performance.

I know, I read them too. Very funny. When he was an Eagle, he was a P.O.S. Now that he's in Brokeback Mountain Country, he can do no wrong. :rolleyes:

Archived