Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per ECS and Sirius: Rashard Mendenhall to visit Skins

RWJ

And, there is a reason that the skins are looking at RB. Because quietly they know the same thing about Portis that the rest of us do.......he can't get the job done!! Especially in the post season.

Remember, there IS a reason that their looking at RB. :rolleyes:

And once again, you prove to be wrong. Portis is so good, that he hasn't finished a season healthy since he's been here. Because he's fragile as hell. He's got heart, but his body can't back up what his heart wants to do.

Portis isn't our type of back. How many years does he have to finish hurt for you to figure that out???? And he was hurt the last year with the Broncos so that makes 5 straight years.

How is Portis better then the RB I named when he can't even make it to the post-season healthy???? Don't insult real redskins RB by mentioning Portis in the same sentence with them.

Because those RB performed in the post season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go look at Portis's post season numbers. He's not even as good as Ricky Ervin!!!

Ok, you're either joking, or you're drunk, right?

First you call him a pansy, when he's one of the toughest backs in the league, running through contact and smoking guys in blitz pickups.

Then you say he can't finish a season healthy.

Uhhh, I remember him scoring touchdowns during our playoff run last year.

And in 2005.

And he set a franchise record for carries in 2004 working in that high school offense.

So what the heck are you talking about? I'm "insulting" Ernest Byner by mentioning CP in the same sentence as him? Are you off your rocker?

How's this: I love EB, but Clinton Portis is a much better back than him, by any objective standard, and it's not even close. Ok?

By the way, it was Ricky Ervins.

Rashard Mendenhall to visit Skins: OH MY GOD!!! The sky is falling and all these trade scenarios are going to fly about and the "sideline" coaches and "armchair QB's" are going to get all lathered up. AS far as Betts goes, he is a good backup to Portis but isn't that great of a blocker like Portis. Portis is the best all around back in the league IMO. Betts is not really suited for the West Coast Offense so it wouldn't surprise me if they trade him but it is unlikely. The only trade scenario I can see that would involve Betts would be a trade for a proven WR like Chad Johnson or Roy Williams. Other than that, Mendenhall visiting the Redskins only means they are evaluating the talent in the draft just like every other team does.

Ladell Betts would never yield a second round pick.

And you think this because???

Betts showed us all what he's capable of as a starter, so a 2nd round pick is not that much for Betts. On at least 10 teams, Betts would be a starting RB. I'm not for trading the guy, but I also dont think a 2nd round pick is out of reach.

And once again, you prove to be wrong. Portis is so good, that he hasn't finished a season healthy since he's been here. Because he's fragile as hell. He's got heart, but his body can't back up what his heart wants to do.

Portis isn't our type of back. How many years does he have to finish hurt for you to figure that out???? And he was hurt the last year with the Broncos so that makes 5 straight years.

How is Portis better then the RB I named when he can't even make it to the post-season healthy???? Don't insult real redskins RB by mentioning Portis in the same sentence with them.

Because those RB performed in the post season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go look at Portis's post season numbers. He's not even as good as Ricky Ervin!!!

#1 - I can't believe I'm even responding to your post.

#2 - Portis has been a bit banged up since coming to Washington, but he came from a cushy zone-blocking offense to a grind-it-out Gibbs' style of running game. I think he did damn well consdering the massive change in running schemes. Do you forget Portis put us on his back in 05' and 07' and took us to the playoffs? How soon we forget.

#3 - Please tell me you did not say Portis isn't even as good as Ervin? I nearly fell out of my chair when I read that foolishness.

You should stop posting.

#1 - I can't believe I'm even responding to your post.

#2 - Portis has been a bit banged up since coming to Washington, but he came from a cushy zone-blocking offense to a grind-it-out Gibbs' style of running game. I think he did damn well consdering the massive change in running schemes. Do you forget Portis put us on his back in 05' and 07' and took us to the playoffs? How soon we forget.

#3 - Please tell me you did not say Portis isn't even as good as Ervin? I nearly fell out of my chair when I read that foolishness.

You should stop posting.

Go back, and read my post again instead of making up stuff. I said Portis's post season performances don't even match Ricky Ervins.

Portis has never finished a season healthy since he's been here. You win playoff games after the 16 regular season games don't you?

And Portis hasn't performed in a playoff game. Because most of the time he's hurt at the end of the regular season.

And I think that you should stop posting if you are going to twist people's post.

Go back, and read my post again instead of making up stuff. I said Portis's post season performances don't even match Ricky Ervins.

Portis has never finished a season healthy since he's been here. You win playoff games after the 16 regular season games don't you?

And Portis hasn't performed in a playoff game. Because most of the time he's hurt at the end of the regular season.

And I think that you should stop posting if you are going to twist people's post.

Ok pal, why are you still spreading lies?

First you call the guy a pansy, then you repeat false statements.

Last year he was instrumental in our end-of-season four game winning streak, and he played in our playoff game against seattle. HE FINISHED THE SEASON HEALTHY.

In 2005, he put our offense on his back and keyed our five game winning streak, then he played in the postseason against Tampa and Seattle. HE FINISHED THE SEASON HEALTHY.

In 2004, he set a franchise record for carries in a season. HE FINISHED THE SEASON HEALTHY.

Somewhere along the way, you became a Clinton-hater and that's your right. But you are not entitled to make things up to support your irrational opinion.

Ok pal, why are you still spreading lies?

First you call the guy a pansy, then you repeat false statements.

Last year he was instrumental in our end-of-season four game winning streak, and he played in our playoff game against seattle. HE FINISHED THE SEASON HEALTHY.

In 2005, he put our offense on his back and keyed our five game winning streak, then he played in the postseason against Tampa and Seattle. HE FINISHED THE SEASON HEALTHY.

In 2004, he set a franchise record for carries in a season. HE FINISHED THE SEASON HEALTHY.

Somewhere along the way, you became a Clinton-hater and that's your right. But you are not entitled to make things up to support your irrational opinion.

Again

Read what I said very s-l-o-w-l-y. Portis doesn't get it done pass game # 16 because he's a pansy. Period. Portis has finished every season hurt. He was hurt again in the final Seattle Playoff game and he wasn't going to be available if we had somehow won.

PORTIS DID NOT FINISH THE 2004 SEASON HEALTHY!!!!! He was hurt but the skins kept it under raps!! You don't know what your talking about because your too busy being a homer!!!

Portis has never, E-V-E-R finished a season healthy here. NEVER.

Because he can't take a 16 game schedule. Even when he's getting spelled by Betts. Speaks for itself.

Again

Read what I said very s-l-o-w-l-y. Portis doesn't get it done pass game # 16 because he's a pansy. Period. Portis has finished every season hurt. He was hurt again in the final Seattle Playoff game and he wasn't going to be available if we had somehow won.

PORTIS DID NOT FINISH THE 2004 SEASON HEALTHY!!!!! He was hurt but the skins kept it under raps!! You don't know what your talking about because your too busy being a homer!!!

Because he can't take a 16 game schedule. Even when he's getting spelled by Betts. Speaks for itself.

Haha, ok, then I'm saying you have gone off your meds, you've just "kept it under raps" until now.

One of the toughest backs in the league is a pansy (even though he has heart, whatever that means).

He never finishes a season healthy, even when he's scoring touchdowns in week 16 and carrying a full load in the playoffs.

He was "secretly hurt" when he set a franchise record for carries.

The sun rises in the west.

DC public schools are world-class.

I'm a homer simply for pointing out the huge flaws in your ridiculous theory.

I wouldn't read too much into these visits... remember jamarcus russell visited the skins before last years draft... we may be looking to set up a trade up/down and going through a bunch of smoke and mirrors to do so...

Again

No one is 100% healthy at the end of the season.

The only purpose for this visit (IMO) would be to drum up some jealousy among the teams that are REALLY looking at him.

That way, when it comes time to find a partner to trade down with, we'll have some ammunition to force the trade. I doubt that we'd actually draft him, but IF he's still there @ pick 21, at least teams will know that WE KNOW his true value (and that could actually raise our trading terms quite a bit).

Here's to being THOROUGH like danny said :cheers:

And, there is a reason that the skins are looking at RB. Because quietly they know the same thing about Portis that the rest of us do.......he can't get the job done!! Especially in the post season.

Remember, there IS a reason that their looking at RB. :rolleyes:

Sigh....stubborn in your old age I guess. Portis is the most talented running back that we've ever had, and he will break the redskins rushing records, whether you like it or not. Yes there IS a reason they're looking at a RB...it's the same reason they looked at Jamarcus Russell last year. The skins always take a look at all of the top players, regardless of our strength at that position

Given that the Skins are not signing any FAs and JC has to learn a new offense again, I think it's pretty evident the Skins are building for 2010. Thus, the only positions we DON'T need are SS, QB, a run-stuffing DT, and pass-receiving TE.

That said, I think RB is one of the last pieces of the puzzle, so I think we don't need to address RB until then.

I don't know why he is even bothering to go to visit anywhere besides Chicago, cause he won't get passed their mits.

I don't for a second think we will take this guy, RB is just not a need for us in the first 2 or 3 rounds at least. However I don't think its by any means a lock that the Bears take a RB in the 1st.

It all depends who is on the board when they pick of course but they would be better served taking a tackle if one of the top options is still available - it does not matter who you have at RB if there are no holes to run into. If they go O'Line in the first there is good depth at RB and they can get a back in the 2nd or 3rd.

Archived