Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McCain voted against MLK Day in '83

Leonard Washington

I think between this vote and the fact that now he's running against a black man, he has displayed 25 years of racist behavior. How could his judgment not have been good enough?

25 years?

So, you mean from 1983 until now right?

I guess you missed how HE himself changed his mind in 00. That would take at least 8 years off this theory.

Its funny that I get you on all the Obama threads talking about me "bashing" yet you come in here and do the same thing you get mad at me for.

Hmmm.....:doh:

For me MLK day seems a reasonable thing, but I know some people objected for reasons other than race.

McCain is a fairly conservitive guy in many regards and he may have seen another Federal Holiday as an intrusion in what He considers a state's business.

I dont think its about NOT honoring MLK, in my opinion the consensus is that we should honor ALL civil rights leaders such as Rosa, Malcolm, Martin and whomever else people want to bring to the forefront on one day called "civil rights day".

I'm all for celebrating MLK's accomplishments but I feel others need it as well.

Interesting comments.Of course we should have a MLK Day.noone in Viriginia has no qualms with honoring a traitor (Jefferson Davis), so why the heartache?

Is supporting secession treason?

By that logic, weren't Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and Han**** traitors too? One man's traitor is another man's patriot.

Me thinks you should have used the sarcasm smiley (:rolleyes:).

At least one of you gets a joke

25 years?

So, you mean from 1983 until now right?

I guess you missed how HE himself changed his mind in 00. That would take at least 8 years off this theory.

Its funny that I get you on all the Obama threads talking about me "bashing" yet you come in here and do the same thing you get mad at me for.

Hmmm.....:doh:

Is this comment or you the joke here?

As for you two, you guys are way to wound up. I feel like Howard Stern did when he called Pig-Vomit's wife and asked her why her husband was so wound up...

Is supporting secession treason?

By that logic, weren't Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and Han**** traitors too? One man's traitor is another man's patriot.

Yes secession is treason when you take up arms and use violence.But that's another issue.

Someone mentioned honoring all civil rights leaders.I agree up to a point.I'm for honoring those not mentioned as much such as Fred Shuttlesworth ,A phillip Randolphand ED Nixon who had tremendous inlunce

At least one of you gets a joke

As for you two, you guys are way to wound up. I feel like Howard Stern did when he called Pig-Vomit's wife and asked her why her husband was so wound up...

yeah, because you are even half as funny on a chat board as howard is in real life. :doh:

Yes secession is treason when you take up arms and use violence.But that's another issue.

Someone mentioned honoring all civil rights leaders.I agree up to a point.I'm for honoring those not mentioned as much such as Fred Shuttlesworth ,A phillip Randolphand ED Nixon who had tremendous inlunce

I am the one who mentioned it and you are right. We should not limit it to a certain amount of people. As a matter of fact, the more the merrier and the more from every race the more it will educate all of us.

Well, one can only hear so much Dem good, Rep bad crap from one person before assuming someone isn't joking. If Obama hadn't already proven to have written plenty of racist things, I would bet dollars to doughnuts you would be crying racism here.

Well, one can only hear so much Dem good, Rep bad crap from one person before assuming someone isn't joking. If Obama hadn't already proven to have written plenty of racist things, I would bet dollars to doughnuts you would be crying racism here.

Yes, assume all you want about me... every post I ever make, I'm always in the same mood. I wouldn't want anyone to use common sense ever.

There is no evidence either candidate is racist. Period.

As for Obama writing "racist" things, I guess that depends on what you define as racist because I have yet to see anything he has written as being offensive.

I would find it hard to believe that a half white person could be racist against whites.

As for Obama writing "racist" things, I guess that depends on what you define as racist because I have yet to see anything he has written as being offensive.

"I didn't trust him because he was white", that sounds racist to me, it's from his book and I don't feel like looking it up AGAIN.

If I said that about a black guy, I'de be a racist.

"I didn't trust him because he was white", that sounds racist to me, it's from his book and I don't feel like looking it up AGAIN.

If I said that about a black guy, I'de be a racist.

When put in context it wouldn't be racist if you had a reason to think that way. As many blacks did during the time. His views obviously changed as have many whites over the past several decades.

Any quote can sound bad when not put into context.

When put in context it wouldn't be racist if you had a reason to think that way. As many blacks did during the time. His views obviously changed as have many whites over the past several decades.

Any quote can sound bad when not put into context.

This is a classic case of enabling. He said something and you are making excuses on why it DOESNT mean something instead of making him take responsibility for it and explaining it.

Archived