Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Survey: Some Florida teens are extremely stupid

China

I am using the observation that when something is forbidden, it happens more frequently and forcefully. Examples include The Forbidden Fruit, Prohibition, and the War on Drugs. I know those are not exactly apples to apples, but the concept to me is the same.

1) I think you'd have an easier time if you simply talked about the rates of teens having sex, and dropped the talk about rape.

2) If you insist on talking about rape, then I'm going to ask you if your observation causes you to conclude that if rape were legalized, it wouldn't happen as often? :)

1) I think you'd have an easier time if you simply talked about the rates of teens having sex, and dropped the talk about rape.

Okay, that's a fair observation. I can agree to that.

2) If you insist on talking about rape, then I'm going to ask you if your observation causes you to conclude that if rape were legalized, it wouldn't happen as often? :)

No, I wouldn't conclude that, because I think every male knows it is wrong to force a woman into a sexual act, regardless of the legal standing. I used the examples I did because of that belief.

My purpose in talking about both consensual and non-consensual sex, as it relates to "abstinence only" education is this....

For those who know it is wrong, and whose only education is "don't", the forbidden fruit becomes sweeter and harder to resist (I know this is a generalization btw, some guys are gentlemen, and belive in the whole "not until marriage" drill). Yes, I did single out guys, because I believe it is impossible for a woman to rape a man, at least in the physical sense.

When temptation comes calling, or in some cases demanding, it is important for both parties to have all the information available, for both prevention and intervention.

A couple of funny videos I just found on youtube about Yellow 5.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K_y5-oIFYjQ

You will see that Yellow 5 is labeled as the "sperm killer".

If you checked out the link I posted earlier, a doctor tries to go into the origins of the rumor. It really has nothing to do with kids trying to have more sex. It was actually a pretty scary thing for young males.

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A recent survey that found some Florida teens believe drinking a cap of bleach will prevent HIV . . .

BTW,

I may be wrong, but I'd be willing to bet that drinking a capfull of bleach, before intercourse, will prevent both STDs and pregnancy.

(And might well make you a Darwin candidate.)

Survey: Fla. Teens Believe Drinking Bleach Will Prevent HIV

Some Teens Also Believe Mountain Dew Will Stop Pregnancy

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A recent survey that found some Florida teens believe drinking a cap of bleach will prevent HIV and a shot of Mountain Dew will stop pregnancy has prompted lawmakers to push for an overhaul of sex education in the state.

The survey showed that Florida teens also believe that smoking marijuana will prevent a person from getting pregnant.

State lawmakers said the myths are spreading because of Florida's abstinence-only sex education, Local 6 reported.

This survey has SkinsOrlando written all over it. :silly:;)

For sure. HEll these kids probably aren't even attendiong school and their parents are probably nowhere to be found. But kids are going to have sex, so teach them about proper contraceptive or they are going to take the word on the street as gospel.

True they most likely read it on wikipedia.Damn these internets!

I am using the observation that when something is forbidden, it happens more frequently and forcefully. Examples include The Forbidden Fruit, Prohibition, and the War on Drugs. I know those are not exactly apples to apples, but the concept to me is the same.:laugh:

Maybe more frequently... but more forcefully? I can see the those high school kids dealing with peer pressure. "I said take a hit... YOU TAKE THAT BONG HIT SALLY!"

Maybe more frequently... but more forcefully? I can see the those high school kids dealing with peer pressure. "I said take a hit... YOU TAKE THAT BONG HIT SALLY!"

I was thinking more along the lines of "you big f---ing *****, take the hit or you are a loser mamma's boy".

I was thinking more along the lines of "you big f---ing *****, take the hit or you are a loser mamma's boy".

Well ok then... Cannon ball.... Cannon Ball!

That's still not FORCE! There's a big difference between, I really didn't want to do that and now regret it, from I was raped.

Survey: Fla. Teens Believe Drinking Bleach Will Prevent HIV

Some Teens Also Believe Mountain Dew Will Stop Pregnancy

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A recent survey that found some Florida teens believe drinking a cap of bleach will prevent HIV and a shot of Mountain Dew will stop pregnancy has prompted lawmakers to push for an overhaul of sex education in the state.

The survey showed that Florida teens also believe that smoking marijuana will prevent a person from getting pregnant.

State lawmakers said the myths are spreading because of Florida's abstinence-only sex education, Local 6 reported.

Finally! Now I understand the results of the last two elections... Stupid Floridians.

Archived