Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Mock Draft (better thought out then Kipers and McShays).

Clemenza1112

1st Rd.

1 Miami - Dorsey, Glenn DT, LSU (Parcells likes great D-lineman, specialy one that can get to the back field).

2 St. Louis - Long, Chris DE, Virginia (Ram's haven't had a good rushing DE in a while).

3 Atlanta - McFadden, Darren RB, Arkansas (Norwood & Turner were never every down backs, how can they pass him up).

4 Oakland - Long, Jake OT, Michigan (they signed all Def. FA, now they help built the O-line).

5 Kansas City - Clady, Ryan OT, Boise State (L.J. needs help best place to start with the O-line).

6 New York - Ryan, Matt QB, Boston College (surprise pick but helps Jets right away, better then they have now).

7 New England - Rodgers-Cromartie, D. CB, Tennessee State (lost Samuels great replacement for him).

8 Baltimore - Brohm, Brian QB, Louisville (obvious pick they need him)

9 Cincinnati - Gholston, Vernon DE, Ohio State (Bengals need all the help on Def. most likely best DE in draft).

10 New Orleans - Rivers, Keith OLB, Southern Cal (they signed Morgan and traded for Vilma, but Morgans always hurt, and Rivers will be a beast).

11 Buffalo - McKelvin, Leodis CB, Troy (people are saying WR. but I think Def and he will help since they haven't replaced Nate Clements yet).

12 Denver - Merling, Phillip DE, Clemson ( Denver loves drafting DE, he will help from the door since the ex Browns haven't).

13 Carolina - Ellis, Sedrick DT, Southern Cal (they need to replace Jenkins).

14 Chicago - Mendenhall, Rashard RB, Illinois (Benson really stinks and can't carry the load by himself).

15 Detroit - Williams, Chris OT, Vanderbilt (needs to give QB and the WR some time so the Off. can go).

16 Arizona - Otah, Jeff OT, Pittsburgh (same as above, help Levi out on that O-line to give Offense some time to pass and run).

17 Minnesota - Harvey, Derrick DE, Florida (always drafts DE and they never work maybe this one will).

18 Houston - Baker, Sam OT, Southern Cal (been draft all Def, now its time to build the O-line).

19 Philadelphia - Phillips, Kenny FS, Miami (lot of good TE in the NFC east, they can use the help).

20 Tampa Bay - Kelly, Malcolm WR, Oklahoma (they need a top wideout for this team, with Galloway turning 45, LOL).

21 Washington - Albert, Branden OG, Virginia (Kendalls replacement, Albert can play G/T in this league great size and adds dept to the O-line).

22 Dallas - Cherilus, Gosder OT, Boston College (replace F. Adams and helps the O-line get younger).

23 Pittsburgh - Rachal, Chilo OG, Southern Cal (replaces Faneca, Pitts true need).

24 Tennessee - Sweed, Limas WR, Texas (drafted a QB,RB, now its time to get him a WR, another Texas Longehorn 1st rd pick).

25 Seattle - Balmer, Kentwan DT, North Carolina (one of there weakness on the team).

26 Jacksonville - Talib, Aqib CB, Kansas (likes building a strong Def.)

27 San Diego - Campbell, Calais DE, Miami (will help out Merriman alot on the other side of the line).

28 Dallas - Manningham, Mario WR, Michigan (T.O. won't be there for every).

29 San Francisco - Groves, Quentin OLB, Auburn (they need someone to rush the QB, they still haven't replace A. Carter).

30 Green Bay - Thomas, Devin WR, Michigan State (perfect weapon to go along with Driver and to help out Rodgers at QB).

31 New York - Mayo, Jerod ILB, Tennessee (need LB help do I have to say anymore).

What do you think.

albert is going earlier then 21....can we please stop predicting him to go here we dont need a OL in the first round.....we have two thirds two sevenths and picks in between....come on give up on Brandon Albert. We need to draft defensive or WR in the first IMO.

Generally the 1st is a good place to go for Tackles but not necessarily Guards who most of the time are picked up after the 1st. And no, the fact that Albert played Tackle in 4 games at UVA doesn't mean he is a G/T. He is a Guard that with the proper coaching could possibly play Tackle in the NFL.

Generally the 1st is a good place to go for Tackles but not necessarily Guards who most of the time are picked up after the 1st. And no, the fact that Albert played Tackle in 4 games at UVA doesn't mean he is a G/T. He is a Guard that with the proper coaching could possibly play Tackle in the NFL.

Perhaps you missed the minor fact that 5 of the 6 Pro Bowl guards this year were drafted in the first round.

Perhaps you missed the minor fact that 5 of the 6 Pro Bowl guards this year were drafted in the first round.

The same crowd that was claiming Alberts would be a reach at #21 about a month ago is now saying "get over it, he won't be available".

Fans don't like drafting OL because they aren't the sexy pick - but I keep thinking that a blue chip guard on this team would mean that Portis could produce the way Alexander did a couple of years ago with Hutchinson in front of him (and Peterson did this past year - again with Hutchinson).

Ok lets look at the possibilities we would have "with this MOCK at #21":

BPA at this point:

OL: Albert

DT: Balmer

WR: Sweed or Hardy

CB: Talib or Jenkins

DE: most of the first rounders we wanted are gone No way Calais!

so do you really think the FO will take a guard in the first round (that wont start) when there are several in this draft? There is a greater "bust" factor with CB and WR as you get later in the draft. I think we go with a not so distant future shut down corner. We have 2 3rd round picks. Take OL in the third. Address the DT and CB in the first 2.

I go with Mike Jenkins, CB South Fl. at #21

and Dre Moore or Trevor Laws in the second.

1st Rd.

1 Miami - Dorsey, Glenn DT, LSU (Parcells likes great D-lineman, specialy one that can get to the back field). Like this pick and agree

2 St. Louis - Long, Chris DE, Virginia (Ram's haven't had a good rushing DE in a while). Lenorad Little is pretty good at rushing the passer but I agree with the pick because he is the BPA

3 Atlanta - McFadden, Darren RB, Arkansas (Norwood isn't a every down back, how can they pass him up). Disagree this draft is loaded with running backs and QB is a way harder postion to fill plus the money wouldn't make sense for a rb I would go Matt Ryan here

4 Oakland - Long, Jake OT, Michigan (they signed all Def. FA, now they help built the O-line). After taking Robert Gallery and him turning out to be a bust I don't think they go OT this high plus again this draft is pretty deep at OT and they could get a starter in the second I could see Al Davis spending the money on Mcfadden though

5 Kansas City - Clady, Ryan OT, Boise State (L.J. needs help best place to start with the O-line). best place to start for LJ is Brandon Ablert he will effect the running game more than Clady imo maybe Jake long slips somehow doubt it though

6 New York - Ryan, Matt QB, Boston College (surprise pick but helps Jets right away, better then they have now). NewYork wanted Mcfadden but he may be gone if he is not they will take him as for a QB this high they have Clemmons don't see Ryan going here even if he did make it past Atlanta I would stick with kipers pick of Gholston

7 New England - Rodgers-Cromartie, D. CB, Tennessee State (lost Samuels great replacement for him). I agree they will take a corner if not trade out somehow but I think Leodis is the first Corner taken

8 Baltimore - Brohm, Brian QB, Louisville (obvious pick they need him) I don't think Brohm will go this high and they need help on the O line Ryan Clady would fit here

9 Cincinnati - Gholston, Vernon DE, Ohio State (Bengals need all the help on Def. most likely best DE in draft). Agree they go defense and if Gholston is there its the right pick but I think he will be gone if so maybe Sedrick Ellis goes here

10 New Orleans - Rivers, Keith OLB, Southern Cal (they signed Morgan and traded for Vilma, but Morgans always hurt, and Rivers will be a beast). I agree with Kiper again Cromartie you said it yourself why they won't go linebacker plus they have fujita and simeouno

11 Buffalo - McKelvin, Leodis CB, Troy (people are saying WR. but I think Def and he will help since they haven't replaced Nate Clements yet). I think he will be gone but if he is there it would be a good pick but Buffalo has reached a bit the passed few years and I could see them doing it again they might shock everybody and take a reciever I'm not sure about this pick

12 Denver - Merling, Phillip DE, Clemson ( Denver loves drafting DE, he will help from the door since the ex Browns haven't). agree

13 Carolina - Ellis, Sedrick DT, Southern Cal (they need to replace Jenkins). Rashard Mendenhall would be a great one two punch for a team that is most succefull when they run the ball

14 Chicago - Mendenhall, Rashard RB, Illinois (Benson really stinks and can't carry the load by himself). Good choice I could see this if he doesn't go earlier, if he does I see them going O line with them letting go Old Fred.

15 Detroit - Williams, Chris OT, Vanderbilt (needs to give QB and the WR some time so the Off. can go). This is another team that needs a runningback It may be a reach but the kid from Oregan despite his toe

16 Arizona - Otah, Jeff OT, Pittsburgh (same as above, help Levi out on that O-line to give Offense some time to pass and run). I think they go Corner if they are moving Rolle to saftey maybe Talib

17 Minnesota - Harvey, Derrick DE, Florida (always drafts DE and they never work maybe this one will). agreed but if Harvey is gone which I think he will be got to go with Kiper and say Merling for the same reasons you stated

18 Houston - Baker, Sam OT, Southern Cal (been draft all Def, now its time to build the O-line). Ok with this

19 Philadelphia - Phillips, Kenny FS, Miami (lot of good TE in the NFC east, they can use the help). Too high for Phillips but you never know plus Andy builds in the trenches If he doesn't go with a lineman I think he reaches and may go with a reciever :whoknows:

20 Tampa Bay - Kelly, Malcolm WR, Oklahoma (they need a top wideout for this team, with Galloway turning 45, LOL). Kelly is not going in the first I agree with Kiper on Jenkins Ronde is 46 and Brian Kelly is gone

21 Washington - Albert, Branden OG, Virginia (Kendalls replacement, Albert can play G/T in this league great size and adds dept to the O-line). I love this pick but I don't see Albert falling to us I would like to trade down but if not I wouldn't mind Devin Thomas even though I don't want a reciever that high to learn the WCO Maybe we reach for Campbell seeing we have his former Dline coach on staff and at 21 its not crazy although its not my first choice.

22 Dallas - Cherilus, Gosder OT, Boston College (replace F. Adams and helps the O-line get younger). Agree with Kiper again if Jerry can't get Mcfadden he will get the other Arkansas alum in Felix Jones who is pretty underrated

23 Pittsburgh - Rachal, Chilo OG, Southern Cal (replaces Faneca, Pitts true need). I could see that

24 Tennessee - Sweed, Limas WR, Texas (drafted a QB,RB, now its time to get him a WR, another Texas Longehorn 1st rd pick). I think they may go Corner as well maybe Flowers

25 Seattle - Balmer, Kentwan DT, North Carolina (one of there weakness on the team). agree with Kiper and Mcshay the kid from Purdue looked really good if not him maybe Fred Davis slips into the first round

26 Jacksonville - Talib, Aqib CB, Kansas (likes building a strong Def.) don't think this is their top need they have good corners but Greg does seem to get his way and he does like to build a defense from the outside in wouldn't be surprised to see him wanting Kenny Phillips

27 San Diego - Campbell, Calais DE, Miami (will help out Merriman alot on the other side of the line). Team doesn't have a lot of needs but the guy oppisite of Merriman now is pretty damn good maybe they go with secondary to get a nickle back or push Jammer or maybe they go saftey

28 Dallas - Manningham, Mario WR, Michigan (T.O. won't be there for every). I think they need secondary help especially if they dont get Pac man maybe a reciever though if so I think they go Sweed with the Texas connection and all

29 San Francisco - Groves, Quentin OLB, Auburn (they need someone to rush the QB, they still haven't replace A. Carter). They have replaced him but he was injured last year not a bad pick though they need a reciever badly though.

30 Green Bay - Thomas, Devin WR, Michigan State (perfect weapon to go along with Driver and to help out Rodgers at QB). NO way they have two young studs and Driver and Donald Lee. Maybe a running back or maybe defense if Kenny Phillips doesn't go earlier I could see him going here

31 New York - Mayo, Jerod ILB, Tennessee (need LB help do I have to say anymore).

They do need help at LB I think they go Rivers

What do you think.

There may tend to be more OTs taken in the first, but the top end Guards are drafted in the first and have been the last few years. Don't believe me? Go look it up on nfl.com's draft history by position.

I think Shawn Andrews worked out pretty well for the Eagles and Snee for the Giants show went 2 picks after the first at 34 Two of the best Guards in the game.

Here is mine our pick at 21 is a head scratcher but draft day usually is other than that any thoughts?

1. Dolphins ~ Glenn Dorsey (Best player in the draft)

2. Rams ~ Jake Long (I know its hard to imagine Chris Long not going top two but the Rams had the worst O line in the league last year due to injury, depth and lack of talent)

3. Falcons ~ Matt Ryan (I think this may be the surest pick in the draft)

4. Raiders ~ Chris Long (I think if Chirs falls this far the phones will be ringing but Howis son in Silver and Black Al couldn't trade down with that oppurtuinity)

5. Chiefs ~ Brandon Albert (I want him on the skins more than anybody in this draft but I see him going high the best thing that could happen for L.J.)

6. Jets ~ Darren Mcfadden (The Jets may have been bluffing but they are said to be high on the kid and him and Jones with that O line would be a perfect fit for both)

7. Patriots ~ Leodis Mckelvin ( They lost a few secondary guys including their best, knowing the Pats though they will be trading this pick)

8. Ravens ~ Ryan Clady (hardest pick so far I think they could go corner and want Mckelvin or maybe they go Cromartie but they need OL help, Maybe they reach for a QB)

9. Bengals ~ Vernon Gholston (this team needs all kinds of Defensive help and it was tough to pick between him and Ellis heck as thin as they are at LB maybe even Rivers)

10. Saints ~ Rogers Cromartie (they need to learn how to defend the pass and Mquarters is permantly drunk).

11. Bills ~ Sedrick Ellis (The Bills never do what you expect them to do and I expect them to go WR or Corner but that makes too much sense so they go BPA)

12. Broncos ~ Rashard Mendenhall (I know you can plug anybody in but Shanahan has more controll now that their GM was fired and this guy could be the TD in his O)

13. Panthers ~ Jonathen Stewart (Mendenhall would have been a better fit and they were hoping he would fall but they panic and take Stewart despite his toe)

14. Bears ~ Devin Thomas (when Marty Booker and Hester are your starters you need help I think he is the best reciever prospect for the first round)

15. Lions ~ Derrick Harvey (Marenellie will get his DE even though they need a runningback but this draft is deep at rb and the 2rd will get them a good one)

16. Cardinals ~ Kenny Phillips (I think this is too high for Kenny but he fills a need and he is a saftey from the U )

17. Vikings ~ Calais Campbell (Way too high for him and I think he might slip to the second if the skins don't take him due to his former Dline coach but Merling was too easy)

18. Texans ~ Chris Williams ( Otah may be rated higher but Williams is more athletic and better suited for zone blocking)

19. Eagles ~ Phillip Merling ( I want to go OL because I know Andy does but he may settle for the other side of the trenches.. I really want to go wr as well but....)

20. Bucs ~ Mike Jenkins (If Devin Thomas was there I think they would go that direction but they might stay in the state and grab Jenkins with Kelly gone and Ronde being 50)

21. Redskins ~ Chilo Rachal ( A bit of a reach but I had my mind set on Albert so Guard is still on my mind )

22. Cowboys ~ Felix Jones ( Jerry wants Mcfadden but he will take this Arkansas alum)

23. Steelers ~ Jeff Otah ( a lot of O line this year and Otah is in there backyard)

24. Titans ~ Talib Kwalib ( I think he should have went earlier but he has good value here and fills a need for Tennessee)

25. Seahawks ~ Fred Davis ( a lot of people have them taking the TE from Purdue but they saw Fred Davis a lot on the West Coast and I think he will be the pick)

26. Jags ~ Kentwan Balmer ( replaces one of the best DT's in the league)

27. Chargers ~ Chris Johnson (chargers don't have a lot of needs but a back up RB and change of pace like Henry would be a fun pick)

28. Cowboys ~ Limas Sweed (Stay local again and get another weapon for Homo)

29. 49ers ~ Desean Jackson (who would have thought this weak reciever draft would have produced 3 first rounders the little guy late in the first would help in the return game)

30. Packers ~ Trevor Laws ( replace Corey Williams)

32. Giants ~ Keith Rivers (a steal I don't know how I got him down to 32)

Redskins

2nd Lawrence Jackson

3rd Tracey Porter

3rd Oneil Cousins

5th Marcus Monk

6th Geno Hayes

7th Jamie Slyvia

7th Andrew Crummey

7th Anthony Morellie

Here is mine our pick at 21 is a head scratcher but draft day usually is other than that any thoughts?

It looks good, I am sure you can agree doing a mock draft isnt easy...I say we make a friendly wager on our mocks...the loser has to change there signature for a month or something??....I think it would be kinda funny....let me know

First, Please don't quit ur day job. I don't even think u have 1/4 of these picks right. It's a mess, the Dolphins won't take Doresy, He doesn't fit a 3-4 and they traded for Jason Fergerson. ATL won't draft McFadden they arn't paying 35 million(Turner) for a back up. McFadden will go to the Raiders. ughhh too many more errors to list!

Archived