Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4/1/08 Redskins Radio: Guest, Randy Thomas

CRobi21

Just thought I'd give a little recap of the only decent part of the show today, which was when Randy Thomas joined Larry and Bram in the studio. As you probably guessed, the rest of the show was filled with stupid stories and comments made by Bram and Larry. So here we go:

• Randy was asked to assess the OL. Said that Samuels should easily be a pro bowler every year, but doesn't act like it. Always working hard and staying humble. P. Kendall did a very nice job coming in at the last second and is a seasoned vet. He then said that Rabach is the best C he's ever played with, and Randy has played with Kevin Mawae who's been to the pro bowl multiple times. Then made jokes about himself.
  • Said that after watching S. Heyer play last year, he needs to work on his lower body strength. His flexibility and overall technique. But Randy really likes him a lot and took him under his wing when on the sidelines last year.
  • As far as the draft, Randy wants to go with OL or DL with the first round pick. Says you can never have enough depth in the trenches. When asked about the possiblility of going with a WR, says we're solid with what we got. "If we get the ball in Santana and Antwaan hands' there dangerous. IF we get it in there hands." Another hint at him wanting lineman.
  • On it being Sean's birthday, says it's still very hard without him. Randy's locker is right next to Sean's. Talked about how he was such an amazing player and thought he'd go on to break the INT record, along with some others. At one point, Randy looked like he was about to tear up. So Larry thanked him for answering and changed the subject.
  • On his health, showed the scar from surgery. Said that this was where they cut me open, and all they did was throw on some chicken grease and I turned out fine. :laugh:. Looking for a fresh start this year and likes where the team is at right now.

It's the offseason and I'll take anything on the Skins right now, and Randy is very fun to listen to and always gives a good interview. Here's to him being completely healthy all through the 08-09 season. :cheers:

Kendall has at least 3 years left in the tank. You people who keep talking about how Kendall isn't going to be on the team after this year are carzy. :insane:

Well, I don't think he has at least 3, but we shall see, and I have never said that Kendall isn't going to be on the team after this year.

But you can put me on the record that we need more freaking depth on O-line.

Well, I don't think he has at least 3, but we shall see, and I have never said that Kendall isn't going to be on the team after this year.

But you can put me on the record that we need more freaking depth on O-line.

I agree with you 100% that we need depth at OL, and I think that it would be a great idea to draft a kid who could play this year if needed, but would probably be able to ride the bench for a couple of years and learn from Buges how to play the position. However, I don't think that we should use a first day pick on the OL, one of the 3rd rounders absolutely, but not a 1 or 2.

Kendall has at least 3 years left in the tank. You people who keep talking about how Kendall isn't going to be on the team after this year are carzy. :insane:

1) Who said "after this year?"

2) How many years did it take for Dockery to start being effective? Three.

3) How do you know he has 3 years left in the tank? What if he has an injury similar to that of Jansen's?

I believe Kendall has been thinking about retiring last couple of years (not a 100% sure) but now he sees he might have a chance to get ring so I believe I will be here atleast 3 more years as long as hes heathly.

I think Jansen and Thomas are close friends. I'm not sure why everyone reads too deeply between the lines. BTW, I agree with the guy who said Kendall has 3 years... I think barring injury, he'll be around for a while (even as a backup). We need to draft a guard, but I wouldn't expect we'll draft one to take Kendall's place for the next year or two.

I have always loved RT. HE IS GREAT. I think it's so funny how he gets on Heyer. Some of his interviews last year were so funny when Heyer came up. He would just crush him, in a nice way of course.

good stuff, thanks for hte recap.

Our Oline problems do not stem from "how many more years can he play" but rather from:

1) Age of line means that they all may hit the wall at about the same time their ages this coming season are 31, 31, 32, 32, and 35. We need to draft replacements now so they don't HAVE to start as Rookies

2) Old age means more injuries - if we draft starting caliber linemen this year then either they replace our vets and we have great depth, or they spend a year adjusting / providing us good young depth

3) We have a young QB, and we need to hedge against a couple years of rebuilding on the line or we may get him killed (we could face this problem in a year or two)

Archived