Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Agent says Kelly's thigh, knee injuries pose no problems

#98QBKiller

Agent says Kelly's thigh, knee injuries pose no problems

This is no April Fool's joke...I say if he drops we have to get him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/news/story?id=3322914

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The agent for Oklahoma wide receiver Malcolm Kelly is trying to reassure NFL teams that his client is completely healed from a thigh injury and has no lingering knee problems.

Agent Chad Speck sent a letter to all 32 NFL teams Monday, along with a letter from the doctor who has been treating Kelly, to let them know that the receiver projected as a possible first-round draft pick is healthy.

The injury first was diagnosed as a deep thigh bruise, but Kelly actually had a small quadriceps tear. The agent also pointed out that Dr. Michael Hatrak of Alpharetta, Ga., also found "all other structures assessed within normal limits." Kelly tore an ACL in junior high and had arthroscopic knee surgery during his sophomore year at Oklahoma.

"The intent of the letter is certainly to end speculation on Malcolm's health status," Speck said. "He is 100 percent healthy and as Dr. Hatrak states, has no further risk of injury."

Hatrak diagnosed Kelly with the "slight quadriceps tear" on Feb. 14, and cleared the receiver for full training March 20. Kelly did not work out at the combine in February or at Oklahoma's first Pro Day.

"The rumors that are currently circulating regarding his knees are irresponsible and untrue!" Speck wrote to NFL general managers and scouts.

Speck said Kelly, who declared for the draft after his junior season, will take part in every drill at Oklahoma's next pro day on April 9.

The Longview, Texas, native was Oklahoma's second-leading receiver last year with 49 receptions for 821 yards and nine touchdowns. He had 62 catches for 992 yards and 10 touchdowns as a sophomore, and his 21 career TD catches rank second all-time at Oklahoma behind Mark Clayton.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Exactly what I'd expect an agent to say.

True. But I seem to remember Adrian Peterson's agent saying the same thing last season and it worked out. Injury rumors and speculation are all a part of a sports journalist's arsenal during the offseason and before the draft.

True. But I seem to remember Adrian Peterson's agent saying the same thing last season and it worked out. Injury rumors and speculation are all a part of a sports journalist's arsenal during the offseason and before the draft.

And Willis McGahee was going to be ready by training camp.....

Its his agent. What would you expect him to say? "My Client has a VERY serious knee injury. To be quite honest, I don't see him being drafted in the 1st Round, cus its gonna take him a long time to get healthy."

Bring this up when he works out and demonstrates no tenderness towards his injuries, like Sweed has proven. Or if a reputable Draft Scout says so.

Let me translate:

Dear Rich White Man –

I am writing you today to protect my family – the kids have to eat. If you think that my client, the illustrious Malcolm “Busted Knees” Kelly the 1st is a risky pick because of his degenera……I mean MINOR knee injury, I am here to assuage your fears. On my honor as a Sports Agent (cue triumphal singing) I can assure you that the aforementioned has no knee, thigh, groin, back, hip, or toe injuries (no cavities either) that should affect his soon to be monumental NFL career.

Sincerely,

Chad “The Anti-Rosenhaus” Speck

]']Its his agent. What would you expect him to say? "My Client has a VERY serious knee injury. To be quite honest' date=' I don't see him being drafted in the 1st Round, cus its gonna take him a long time to get healthy."

Bring this up when he works out and demonstrates no tenderness towards his injuries, like Sweed has proven. Or if a reputable Draft Scout says so.[/quote']

Or maybe you're just a Sweed homer and read the thread title and missed the doctor quotes/letter? :whoknows:

Archived