Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stadium in DC? Funny comments by councilmen.

playboy1972

These comments were in a link I posted in the Washington Nationals forum. Just thought I would give it some light. These comments were made at the news conference at Ben's Chili Bowl commemorating their partnership with the NATS.

http://nats320.blogspot.com/

Over the course of the one hour affair--DC Councilman Jim Graham and Kwame Brown got their two cents in. Even Maryland State's Attorney Doug Gansler was on hand and--inadvertently--became involved in one of the funnier moments when he stated: “As you know—The Washington Redskins are located in Maryland.” Immediately followed by Kwame Brown piping out: “For Now!!” Even out of season--The Redskins are a hot topic.

Every stadium is up to date on the day it opens.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope the 'Skins get a new stadium in the city.

Related to the above comment, that's actually not true. FedEx (or whatever name it was called, wasn't up to date when they built it because the plans actually were generated in the 80's, and sat around for 10 years as Cooke and Mayor Barry haggled about getting it built in the district. So when he finally was able to build the stupid thing in Maryland, the plans were already out of date.

Sigh, oh, well. It can't last forever. Can it?

Let's see...

Ben's Chilli Bowl - check

New Stadium - check

Redskins - check

Washington D.C. - check

Yes, sounds like a dream come true. Let's put all those together and we would have a lot of happy customers.

nah, they should just make Maryland a part of DC and make JKC stadium better. Then make the DC sales tax the same as Maryland's. And have no more speeding cameras.

I've heard there has been some thought to re-integrating DC back into MD, apparently MD isn't really pushing for it.

I've heard there has been some thought to re-integrating DC back into MD, apparently MD isn't really pushing for it.

Yeah Newt Gingrich was pushing that idea back when he was Speaker... he said DC was too big a drain on the Federal Government. Basically pushing a problem from one place to another.

I think we would all come to love FedEx Field if we started winning games there more consistently. It was built after five terrible years without Gibbs and ten years of mediocrity followed its completion. We are actually undefeated in the playoffs at FedEx, although there has only ever been one game.

I'm not opposed to the idea of returning to the holy ground of RFK but I do have to wonder where I'd have to park, if my brother's big tailgate parties would still be possible, and if my dad would be willing to even pay for nose-bleed seats at the inevitable massive mark-up. As it stands, we've been priced out of our club seats already. Next season we'll be upstairs with the real fans.

Yeah Newt Gingrich was pushing that idea back when he was Speaker... he said DC was too big a drain on the Federal Government. Basically pushing a problem from one place to another.

Yeah, thats the old news. Mayor Fenty needs to go and tell O'Malley who's boss. He needs to regulate and say "DC is taking over MD. Whacha gonna do about it?!?!?"

Archived