Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

met chris cooley at the bar tonight

i always thought i was the unlucky fan who never runs into any of our players untill tonight when i got a text message around 10 saying Cooley was in my normal hang out spot, Kirkpatricks Irish Pub in Haymarket/Gainesville.

Got there and sure enough there were him, Todd yoder and some girls. After a few beers i asked for a couple autographs and asked him how he liked Jim Zorn. He said hes been great so far and (as we already know) theyve had good offseason turnout for workouts.

Im so stoked. hope everyone can be as lucky and bump into him too!

:cheers: :dallasuck

oh and i would have pics but verizon camera phones are garbage.. BAH

That is freakin' awesome! I'd have to find a football somehow and ask if I could throw him a pass!! Then a shot of Jager! Was he surrounded, or was it pretty low key?

:helmet:

Yeah I definitely would buy that man a shot for all the good times he's provided me!

That is AWESOME!! congrats, I'd love to run into Cooley during a night on the town

Yeh, some friends of mine told me they ran into him at some bar in DC one time. Said they just walked straight up to him, said hey, and ended up sitting and talking with him. Said his fiance was really nice too.

What sucks is that the group aren't really hardcore Redskins fans, I guess it's what removed some inhibitions to go talk to him :laugh: I really want to meet him some time soon!

One day a few years back, I was on my way home (Winchester) with my ex-GF, and we had a late dinner at a little pub in Middleburg, right there on 50. I forget the name of the place but we went in and were seated in a little side room off to the right. Only 3 tables in there and we were alone. Then comes in Sam Huff and his wife. I started cracking up because it wasn't a few hours before my GF asked me who this "Sam Huff" Don & Mike were cracking on!

Needless to say I couldn't muster up enough brass to strike up a conversation. We just left and let them eat in peace.

how old is Kirkpatricks'? I don't remember that place. Interesting that they were there, does Yoder live around that area?

Relatively new bar. definitely worth checking out if you're in the Gainesville/Haymarket area. Maybe 3-5 years old.

i always thought i was the unlucky fan who never runs into any of our players untill tonight when i got a text message around 10 saying Cooley was in my normal hang out spot, Kirkpatricks Irish Pub in Haymarket/Gainesville.

3GDH, I am curious as to what Cooley was drinking and how much he was putting back?

Archived