Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins scout QB Mat Ryan

Skins4ever1

]']You guys are so silly.

Zorn has implemented a Groundbreaking Offense with dual QBs. We already have a good one' date=' but his Super Duper Offense requires 2. We'll need to draft a Matt Ryan, or even reach for a Brian Brohm at 21.

The fact that we sent a lone Scout was simply a disguise, so nobody will see it coming this fall. All will bow before Zorn.[/quote']

you had to go and tell people?!?!

Teams scout just about every player thats projected to go in the 1st round. They'd be stupid not to. Teams try to keep who they are drafting secretive, so if they only talked to a couple guys it would be very telling. Plus you never know who you might want to target via FA or Trade a couple years down the rode. Talking to as many players as possible gives the team a heads up going into FA or trade talks.

Pretty much every team scouts every premier talent, and besides Campbell is no sure thing to amount to anything and you'd be a fool to not at least see what Ryan's made of.

On that note, neither is Ryan.

We'd be even more foolish to trade up and get him.

No worries, guys.

I think this was more for research purposes. If we fall 10 picks but then get an extra mid-rounder as a result, or if we're just evaluating our options. You never know what could happen, too. Suppose the team that drafts and eventually starts Matt Ryan ends up being on our schedule next year. Well, we'll know some of Ryan's strengths and weaknesses by that point and have a good gameplan to counter him.

The Redskins might draft a quarterback - but it'll be a mid-rounder, and barring injury, Jason Campbell will be our starter next year.

As a Tech fan, I've seen quite a bit of what Matt Ryan can and can't do.

Yes he beat us on a last minute touchdown and that highlight will always haunt me, but those of you who watched know that Matt Ryan was less than impressive during the game. He was 25/52 (48%) with 2 TDs, 2 INTs and an average of 5.5 yards. Tech played excellent defense and Matt Ryan looked confused and threw quite a few balls in the dirt. Granted, it was pouring down rain and Lane Stadium was about as loud as I've heard it but after that game I wasn't overly impressed with him. Tech went with a prevent defense on the final drive and blew the coverage on the last play, even Glennon could have made the throw.

Next up is the ACC championship. For the first half, Tech played soft zone coverage and Matt Ryan picked us apart. I was screaming my head off to switch to man because BCs receivers were not very impressive and with Macho Harris and Brandon Flowers at corner it made a ton of sense. BC put up 16 points but looked dominant on offense, despite the fact that the score was tied. I was extremely impressed with Matt Ryan and pretty concerned about the rest of the game. In the second half, Tech switched to man and dialed up the pressure and Matt Ryan looked like a totally different person. BC didn't score at all and Ryan seemed like the only passes he could complete were to his running back in the flat.

Also, don't forget that after beating Tech in Blacksburg, Matt Ryan went 26/53 for 415 yards and 2 TDs but threw 3 picks against an FSU defense that got pounded by Tech later on in the year.

So, will he turn out to be a good NFL quarterback? I think that he was hindered by the fact that his WR core was pretty poor but overall I'm not entirely sure. I think he is worth the chance for sure but so many good college QBs end up being such a bust in the NFL that its hard to say.

They are scouting and evaluating, but it does not mean that they are willing to invest their first rounder on a QB.

Let alone trade up to get into a position to take a guy like Ryan. If we trade into the top 5 it will be to take a defensive lineman like Long or Gholston.

It looks like Campbell might not be the QB of the future. I guess after watching Collins run the show last season it might have "Turned" some heads.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/03/teams_in_attend.html

If anything they were scouting OT Gosder Cherilus or another player at the Pro Day.

1. Ryan won't be there at #21 and we're not trading up for this guy when QB is a non-issue.

2. There are other players from BC participating at the workout and I'm sure the Skins are scouting alot of players for rounds 1-7.

As a Tech fan, I've seen quite a bit of what Matt Ryan can and can't do.

Yes he beat us on a last minute touchdown and that highlight will always haunt me, but those of you who watched know that Matt Ryan was less than impressive during the game. He was 25/52 (48%) with 2 TDs, 2 INTs and an average of 5.5 yards. Tech played excellent defense and Matt Ryan looked confused and threw quite a few balls in the dirt. Granted, it was pouring down rain and Lane Stadium was about as loud as I've heard it but after that game I wasn't overly impressed with him. Tech went with a prevent defense on the final drive and blew the coverage on the last play, even Glennon could have made the throw.

Next up is the ACC championship. For the first half, Tech played soft zone coverage and Matt Ryan picked us apart. I was screaming my head off to switch to man because BCs receivers were not very impressive and with Macho Harris and Brandon Flowers at corner it made a ton of sense. BC put up 16 points but looked dominant on offense, despite the fact that the score was tied. I was extremely impressed with Matt Ryan and pretty concerned about the rest of the game. In the second half, Tech switched to man and dialed up the pressure and Matt Ryan looked like a totally different person. BC didn't score at all and Ryan seemed like the only passes he could complete were to his running back in the flat.

Also, don't forget that after beating Tech in Blacksburg, Matt Ryan went 26/53 for 415 yards and 2 TDs but threw 3 picks against an FSU defense that got pounded by Tech later on in the year.

So, will he turn out to be a good NFL quarterback? I think that he was hindered by the fact that his WR core was pretty poor but overall I'm not entirely sure. I think he is worth the chance for sure but so many good college QBs end up being such a bust in the NFL that its hard to say.

Good insight DarrellsMyHero28, The guy seems to be too inconsitent to me and i would say that he throws too many INT's, but Favre threw a lot of INT's and look at where he ended up...

Archived