Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nov 27 2008 1 year anniversary of Sean Taylor's death (M.E.T.)

dyounker44

This year the anniversary of ST's death falls on a thursday. The NFL should schedule a Skins game on that thursday to celebrate the life of the Best Saftey to ever wear a Skins uniform. Snyder should push for this to be a home game against the Cowboys. I can anticipate the electricity in the air just thinking about it. It would be a great way to show appreciation toward someone we all enjoyed watching so much. They could give out pictures of his return against Dallas on the blocked field goal. This would be great for the NFL and Redskins merchandise wise to do something like this.

I really think we need to stop trying to dictate how others should pay tribute to Sean and his memory. Though certainly a part of the NFL, he was a Redskin. Let the Redskins and their fans remember him in a way they choose.

I really think we need to stop trying to dictate how others should pay tribute to Sean and his memory. Though certainly a part of the NFL, he was a Redskin. Let the Redskins and their fans remember him in a way they choose.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :cheers:

Um, are they supposed to have special anniversary games for everyone that has passed away playing a sport? I know you think it is a nice gesture, but outside of the Redskins fan base, everyone thinks its overkill. (actually, a lot of us fans think it is, except you I guess)

I agree completely he was a great football player but come on let him rest in peace and move on ;)

This year the anniversary of ST's death falls on a thursday. The NFL should schedule a Skins game on that thursday to celebrate the life of the Best Saftey to ever wear a Skins uniform. Snyder should push for this to be a home game against the Cowboys. I can anticipate the electricity in the air just thinking about it. It would be a great way to show appreciation toward someone we all enjoyed watching so much. They could give out pictures of his return against Dallas on the blocked field goal. This would be great for the NFL and Redskins merchandise wise to do something like this.
The most fitting response to your post is your own signiture.

I think it's time to move forward w/this. I understand your want to remember but it's only March for heaven's sakes. I agree w/what PCS had to say. Let's move on and allow him to RIP. We can't carry this around like an albatross..after awhile his death will become what we are and he wouldn't want that. Let's at least not talk about the anniversary until it gets closer to Nov.

Um, are they supposed to have special anniversary games for everyone that has passed away playing a sport? I know you think it is a nice gesture, but outside of the Redskins fan base, everyone thinks its overkill. (actually, a lot of us fans think it is, except you I guess)

Seriously, I mean if you do it this year would it be an every year thing? At what point is it time to move forward?

Give it a rest man. We all know he died and we are all sad, but moments of silence at the draft and jerry rigging the schedule to honor him is not necessary at this point. The NFL and the fans have honored him alot, its just time we respect his family and let him rest in peace.

Totally agree.

It's really getting tiring how some fans want the Redskins, let alone the entire NFL, to be in a continual state of mourning for Sean.

Move on already.

It's nice to see others agree with me on this, someone on here was slamming me for saying we should respectfully move forward.

To bring up an idea someone said on here once, why don't we just allocate a Sean Taylor section of extremeskins. That way if people want to continually discuss ST till their hearts content, they can do so without cluttering up the stadium with endless threads about how the killers brushed their teeth twice the morning of the murder and such.

I agree with Park City, and others sentiments here. He'll be greatly missed, and the NFL did a great thing in the way he was honored last season. The Redskins family/org and fans will honor, commemorate him individually as they see fit...but the NFL and many need to respectfully move on. Death is tragic and it's hard for the living..but that is what we here must do...move forward and keep living.

I'm all for moving on, but there are 3 thanksgiving games these days...I wouldn't mind seeing a skins home game that just happens to be on the anniversary of ST's death. The league has made worse attempts at script writing than that.

agree with others. It's getting old and a continual mourning does nothing to help remember the legacy of Taylor. The best way to memorialize him is to move on and play every Sunday like he would play. Really, the Redskins organization has done enough and have been almost exhaustive in honoring him just short of changing the team's name to the Washington 21s

agreed. I do wish we had the honor of playing on Thanksgiving more instead of the Detroit Lions...

Couldn't have said it any better myself. The NFL as a whole has done so much to honor Sean. We should be greatful for that and allow them to just move on. ST lives on in our hearts and minds and that is more fitting a tribute than any patch or special scheduele considerations.

Archived