Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nov 27 2008 1 year anniversary of Sean Taylor's death (M.E.T.)

dyounker44

Um, are they supposed to have special anniversary games for everyone that has passed away playing a sport? I know you think it is a nice gesture, but outside of the Redskins fan base, everyone thinks its overkill. (actually, a lot of us fans think it is, except you I guess)

Agreed. The NFL world does not start and stop around the 'Skins, their fan base, or their players.

However, having the 'Skins playing Dallas on Thanksgiving would be a good thing. :)

The op isn't suggesting that we should do something to honor Sean at every game this year. He's merely saying that it would be nice to do something on the anniversary of the man's death. It's normal to reflect on the deceased when it's the anniversary of their death, espec. on the 1st anniversary of their passing.

W/ that said, I don't think the NFL will break w/ Thanksgiving tradition to help the Redskins honor Sean. If it had been a regular Sunday, I could see giving the Skins a homegame that day if Dan requested it.

I really think we need to stop trying to dictate how others should pay tribute to Sean and his memory. Though certainly a part of the NFL, he was a Redskin. Let the Redskins and their fans remember him in a way they choose.

Thank you!!!! Why do so many fans think that the NFL and the Redskins are obligated to make sure there is a Sean Taylor tribute every other day? Look, I know I'm going to catch some **** for this, but it's time to let it go. We we're all devastated by Sean's tragic death, but he's not the only player to have died a tragic death.

As much **** as Snyder receives (myself included) he was nothing but first class in regards to handling the situation. Yeah, it's still hard to believe that he's gone, but when you are constantly shoving Sean in peoples face it leaves a bad impression. It's a shame that people can't show this much passion about a deceased family member or close friend as they do to a football player whom they most likely never met.

Everyone from the Redskins organization, players, fans, opposing players and opposing fans paid tribute, after tribute, after tribute to Sean and it was truly touching and memorable. The constant daily reminders of the number 21 whether it be a day of the month, the draft pick or anything else associated with the number 21 is taking away the memory of those beautiful tributes IMO.

Could someone please explain what "letting go" means?

It means he can't help the Redskins win any games anymore so unless you personally knew the man stop being an obsessed fan and move the hell on. After all I'm sure most wives and girlfriends are tired of there grown ass mates waking up in the middle of the night covered in a cold sweat screaming for ST, or having that romantic dinner convo. on a friday night of how the team can forever honour ST.

Seriously some on here act as if they had Sunday dinners with the man and baby sat for him so he could go out with his girl to the movies. Just because certain people bought his jersey and liked the way he played doesn't mean every Redskin fan is going to want to retire 21 and through a 21 foot tall bronze statue in front of FedEx Field and have his name painted into the endzones for the rest of human existance. How about free 21 forehead tatoo's on opening days.

Could someone please explain what "letting go" means?

In the context of this situation, "Letting go" is an acknowledgment and acceptance of the finality of death.

It's a first step in allowing mourners to release themselves from the personal (and often very selfish) anguish of a loss.

It means he can't help the Redskins win any games anymore so unless you personally knew the man stop being an obsessed fan and move the hell on. After all I'm sure most wives and girlfriends are tired of there grown ass mates waking up in the middle of the night covered in a cold sweat screaming for ST, or having that romantic dinner convo. on a friday night of how the team can forever honour ST.

Seriously some on here act as if they had Sunday dinners with the man and baby sat for him so he could go out with his girl to the movies. Just because certain people bought his jersey and liked the way he played doesn't mean every Redskin fan is going to want to retire 21 and through a 21 foot tall bronze statue in front of FedEx Field and have his name painted into the endzones for the rest of human existance. How about free 21 forehead tatoo's on opening days.

Wow, you must be great at dinner time conversations.

Who are you to tell anyone to do anything? If someone wants to carry on ST's memory and bring him up whenever they want then they have that right to. Stop trying to criticize people for having compassion and doing what feels right to them.

Wow, you must be great at dinner time conversations.

Who are you to tell anyone to do anything?

:laugh:

Great post, so tell me who are you to question who I am? See when you lead off a post like you have some kind of internet clot the rest of your post is worthless. So thanks for allowing me to increase my post amount.

Archived