Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeAngelo Hall traded to Oakland for a 2nd round pick (mergedx3)

Skins4ever1

Adam Schefter's take...

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d8073cb01&template=with-video&confirm=true

Raiders working on deal for DeAngelo Hall

Details are still being finalized, but Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall could be traded to the Raiders within the next week.

Before any trade becomes official, two deals will have to be worked out. The first will have to be the Raiders compensating Hall's current team, the Falcons. The next will come from the Raiders having to compensate Hall, who wants a new deal. But those talks are well underway.

After getting permission from the Falcons last week, Hall spent Friday in Oakland, Calif., at the Raiders' training complex, taking a physical and meeting with Al Davis, head coach Lane Kiffin and defensive coordinator Rex Ryan.

The Falcons and Raiders are thought to be closer to agreeing to a deal than the Raiders and Hall. It is likely that Hall will want to be paid as one of the top cornerbacks in all of football.

Yet, the Raiders have been more aggressive than any team in football this offseason, doling out $144 million in guaranteed money to defensive tackle Tommy Kelly, wide receiver Javon Walker and safety Gibril Wilson.

Now, Hall has become the latest -- and biggest name -- player they are pursuing. One other NFC team has expressed a mild degree of interest in Hall, but the Raiders are the favorite to land the perennial Pro Bowl cornerback.

To land Hall, it likely would take at least the Raiders' second-round pick, near the top of the round. Oakland would be unwilling to surrender the draft's fourth overall pick, but the second round pick might be enough to get it done.

Should Atlanta land that second-round pick, it would be scheduled to pick three times in the round -- its own selection, Houston's in a trade for Matt Schaub last year, and Oakland's. It would give the Falcons unlimited possibilities.

just like i said 2 posts above ya, the deal is contengent(sp?) on a contract deal worked out wit hall. With all the money he wants, and the money they already have tied/gonna have tied up in CB's is gonna be nuts.

Hall didn't have an attitude problem, he just had a problem with Bobby Petrino and the direction of the Falcons (which he was right cause of Warrick Dunn's comments yesrterday) I think Hall woulda been great here, he's from the DC/VA area.

The eagles are really the ones who got a steal. They're paying about the same thing without giving up a second round pick for a better player.

Your absolutely right. It also looks like the market is now set on Lito Sheperd. I would expect them to get nothing less then a mid to low 2nd round pick when they move him.

Hall didn't have an attitude problem, he just had a problem with Bobby Petrino and the direction of the Falcons (which he was right cause of Warrick Dunn's comments yesrterday) I think Hall woulda been great here, he's from the DC/VA area.

Ummm, The Raiders aren't exactly headed in the right direction.

Better get used to some more losing MeAngelo.

Hall's a resource no doubt, but seems odd that a team with good corners would make the type of investment in another top flight corner, when they have other more glaring holes to fill on offense. Mis-allocation of resources if you ask me.

it's because........ THEY ARE THE RAIDERS:doh:

:laugh: the oakland raiders are a joke., if I was them I would try to relocate again.

I would have done Hall for a 2nd rounder, Anyone feel like we missed the boat on this one? The only draw back would be the huge contract he would want. So does that mean, all the cap room we have created is going to be for a WR? Peppers? Are there any other DB's out there? Why did we make all this cap room if we arent going to sign anyone. My hope is that we address at least on of our concerns (D-line, DB, OL, or WR) in FA.

Raiders 2nd round pick is a lot more valuable that Washingtons.

I wouldve done it for Dallas' 2nd round pick too.

But probably not if it was 4th pick in the 2nd round.

Ummm, The Raiders aren't exactly headed in the right direction.

Better get used to some more losing MeAngelo.

This trade has about a 20% chance of going through, I really believe he's going to the Giants on a draft day trade. :doh:

Besides Oakland has some good corners already.

I'm disappointed we didn't try for Hall. I'm not sure we could afford him, but we definitely need to upgrade our CB situation. While we can argue about whether Hall is an "elite" CB -- he certainly is a decent CB -- one who would be great to have in our DB corps.

And, we need to consider doing something about our CBs. That's because the odds favor there will be some point in the season when either Springs or Smoot will be out of action... and who'd know for how long? And the odds of Carlos coming back in at full capacity in October are somewhat long, and the chance of his reinjury is a definite consideration. Most importantly, the odds heavily favor Leigh Terrance being exposed --and exploited-- if he ever has to assume a starting CB role for the Skins.

While we are considering odds -- what are the odds of finding a CB in the draft with our #2 pick who could step in immediately and play at Hall's level?

<Sigh> Congrats to the Raiders -- they've got a great secondary now.

That franchise makes the most random moves I've ever seen. Its like Davis looks at nothing but height, weight, and 40 time when putting together his roster, with no consideration for scheme, system or chemistry.

It's like Al's a drug addict and speed is his drug. Every time there's a 4.3 40 athlete, particularly a corner, then Al seemingly can't help himself. Michael Huff, Stanford Routt, Fabian Washington, John Bowie, Chris Carr, Phillip Buchanon, and now DeAngelo Hall.....Al can't get enough!! It's like he's trying to put together a 4x100 relay team.

No need to be pissy, it's okay.. just dont hit me with your purse sally. I thought he meant the number 2 pick as well. If they had given up their number 2 pick for hall, then I would have agreed with you. He's worth a 1st rounder.. but not a top 5.

Dude, mellow out. It's cool. I think we both understand what each others saying.:)

That franchise makes the most random moves I've ever seen. Its like Davis looks at nothing but height, weight, and 40 time when putting together his roster, with no consideration for scheme, system or chemistry.

It's like Al's a drug addict and speed is his drug. Every time there's a 4.3 40 athlete, particularly a corner, then Al seemingly can't help himself. Michael Huff, Stanford Routt, Fabian Washington, John Bowie, Chris Carr, Phillip Buchanon, and now DeAngelo Hall.....Al can't get enough!! It's like he's trying to put together a 4x100 relay team.

I have a friend thats a Raiders fan and he is even sick of Al. He thinks that he used to know football but now in his old age he is so stubborn and stuck in his ways that he wont listen to anyone.

He is like George Steinbrenner before he stepped down..

maybe you should change the thread title to 'a second round pick' instead of 'a #2 pick'. cuz the second one makes you think 2nd overall pick, not a second rounder.

hate to get technical, but 'a #2 pick' implies that there is more than one of them. There is only one #2 overall pick, you'd say 'the #2 pick'

Archived