Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama takes Mississippi

SUSkinsFan

Barack Obama coasted to victory in Mississippi's Democratic primary Tuesday, the latest in a string of racially polarized presidential contests across the Deep South and a final tune-up before next month's high-stakes race with Hillary Rodham Clinton in Pennsylvania.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-03-11-mississippi-primary_N.htm

good news. Makes his lead even that much bigger. If he takes Pennsylvania, it's gonna be pretty much over.

He is not going to take Pennsylvania, it won't even be close. This is going to the convention where it will get very ugly (or should I say uglier).

He is not going to take Pennsylvania, it won't even be close. This is going to the convention where it will get very ugly (or should I say uglier).

Right now Clinton is averaging a 13.2-point lead in the PA polls. That equates roughly to a 25 delegate net gain. Considering she's behind by around 120, it won't be enough to make much difference. If Obama gets much of that back in NC, where he is polling ahead by about 11 points right now, it will be practically impossible for Clinton to catch him. She'll likely be going into the convention behind in both delegates and popular vote. And if she doesn't step down then you are right. It's going to be very ugly.

she is going to win PA. Mississippi wasn't really a surprise and there is not a chance he could win it in the general

I don't think winning Mississippi was a suprise. I do think winning it by 23 points was. But maybe that was just me.

I don't think winning Mississippi was a suprise. I do think winning it by 23 points was. But maybe that was just me.

Yup, anything over 20 was going to be a huge suprise.

At some point, people will begin to look down the ticket at state races. Obama cant win MISS, but he can drive enough blacks to the polls to affect close state races. Which is important because the next Census is projected to add a Congressional seat to MISS, and the party in charge of the state Govt gets to draw the map.

I may get blasted for this, but Obama winning has nothing to do with his ability to be a BETTER pres then Hillary. I think it comes down to MAN vs WOMAN. I think our population would rather see a man then a woman in office. I just dont think people are willing or ready to have a woman in office of the most powerful country in the world in during the times we are enduring.

I may get blasted for this, but Obama winning has nothing to do with his ability to be a BETTER pres then Hillary. I think it comes down to MAN vs WOMAN. I think our population would rather see a man then a woman in office. I just dont think people are willing or ready to have a woman in office of the most powerful country in the world in during the times we are enduring.

More like BLACK man vs WHITE WOMAN. The Clintons are doing everything that they can to make this a white vs black campaign. They know they have the numbers in the electorate, and my guess is that the 300+ non committed Super delegates are heavily white.

In previous exit polls both Clinton and Obama voters said that they could easily support the other candidate in the general election. In Mississippi 75% on both sides said that they would not support the other candidate. The Clintons are successfully dividing the Democratic electorate to achieve their goals. They believe that they can take a large number of white women voters away from the Republicans in swing states in the fall to make up for the black voters who will stay home. They also cynically believe that enough "good darkies" will come home to her camp in the end.

These Clinton people are incredibly destructive.

she is going to win PA. Mississippi wasn't really a surprise and there is not a chance he could win it in the general

The polls say otherwise as far as the general.

Obama doesn't have to "win" Pennsylvaina, just place repsectively which he'll do handily.

Archived