Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs at the Racetrack

DCchillin89

You do realize his race team is a family business, right?

Their family goes to the races....they spend the week in North Carolina and fly-in for the weekend.

So when he's at the race, he's with his family.

He couldn't do that coaching the Redskins.

Besides, Gibbs doesn't "coach" the race team.....his son does.

Joe Gibbs is the owner.

He's not doing the work.

It's a drastic difference from coaching the Redskins.

Well said, Im glad someone knows whats going on with Joe Gibbs Racing. JD Gibbs runs the show!

The issue was that if something happened during a Redskins season with his family he would not be able to leave. He can leave his Nascar team in a second if his family needs him. Joe Gibbs is the most credible man in the world...for him not to be taken at his word on this of all websites is a disgrace...

Joe Gibbs owns those race teams, so as far as I'm concerned, he can do whatever he wants with them. Is he supposed to stay locked down in his house because he doesn't coach anymore? It's a family business so he probably spends time with his family at the racetrack. Joe never had to come back in the first place, so he doesn't owe us anything. It's time to move on.

Everything I wanted to say. I follow the races a little bit and while I dont know as much about racing as I do football, the owners are always there by the race track. JG racing owns three racing cars and he is not a "coaching" any of them. He is just an owner who goes to check on his team closely.

I have seen Nascar specials about what goes on behind closed doors ..................

I've seen specials on the space shuttle program but I couldn't tell you what the head of NASA does everyday. Quit drinking the haterade. Gibbs owes you Nothing.

You do realize his race team is a family business, right?

Their family goes to the races....they spend the week in North Carolina and fly-in for the weekend.

So when he's at the race, he's with his family.

He couldn't do that coaching the Redskins.

Besides, Gibbs doesn't "coach" the race team.....his son does.

Joe Gibbs is the owner.

He's not doing the work.

It's a drastic difference from coaching the Redskins.

\

This is the right answer, his family is the racing team and the racing team is his family. He built the Team from the ground up and his boys all work for the team. To him, working with the race team is spending time with his family.

Guest sith lord
I've seen specials on the space shuttle program but I couldn't tell you what the head of NASA does everyday. Quit drinking the haterade. Gibbs owes you Nothing.

He doesn't, but he still lied.

He doesn't, but he still lied.

He didn't lie, he said he planned on fulfilling his contract, plans change. If he quit on the team he wouldn't have been anywhere around during the coaching search. Be cool dude, no need to hate, it's all going to be OK.

I am stunned at this thread! This is Joe Gibbs we're talking about here.

This is the guy who built our 80's dynasty(even if nobody else uses that term for us, it was a dynasty.). 4 yrs. ago, if anyone had asked any of you if you'd like to have Gibbs back for 1, 2, 3 or 4 years you would have undeniably said ABSOLUTELY! So, he comes back, takes us to the playoffs TWICE, puts our team back on track to be competitive, stops all of the nonsense during free agency, holds us together during one of the worst seasons(as far as personnel goes) and makes it to the playoffs, teaches DS a little something about running a team that seems to have actually worked, he's in the Hall Of Fame, 3 SUPERBOWL WINS....I could go on forever....And this is how some people react when he leaves?! WOW!

And, by the way, he freakin OWNS the Nascar team.....OWNS the Nascar team. I'm thinking if I owned a business I might want to be a little involved with it from time to time.Can't we all just say "THANKS FOR ALL YOU'VE DONE FOR US JOE!"? Then wish him well, and hope that what ever he does works out good for him.

Sorry, but this crap really drives me freakin crazy!

Guest sith lord
He didn't lie, he said he planned on fulfilling his contract, plans change. If he quit on the team he wouldn't have been anywhere around during the coaching search. Be cool dude, no need to hate, it's all going to be OK.

He stated on numerous occassions that he was gonna be here for the 5 years on his contract. I'm not hating and Gibbs can do whatever he wants to, but it is what it is. He quit on this team.

I don't ever want to see Joe Gibbs anywhere near Fed Ex Field or Redskins park! He told us he was leaving to spend more time with his family and damn it that is what he is going to do!

What ?

So he has to spend every waking minute on a rocking chair :doh:

Guest sith lord
I am stunned at this thread! This is Joe Gibbs we're talking about here.

This is the guy who built our 80's dynasty(even if nobody else uses that term for us, it was a dynasty.). 4 yrs. ago, if anyone had asked any of you if you'd like to have Gibbs back for 1, 2, 3 or 4 years you would have undeniably said ABSOLUTELY! So, he comes back, takes us to the playoffs TWICE, puts our team back on track to be competitive, stops all of the nonsense during free agency, holds us together during one of the worst seasons(as far as personnel goes) and makes it to the playoffs, teaches DS a little something about running a team that seems to have actually worked, he's in the Hall Of Fame, 3 SUPERBOWL WINS....I could go on forever....And this is how some people react when he leaves?! WOW!

And, by the way, he freakin OWNS the Nascar team.....OWNS the Nascar team. I'm thinking if I owned a business I might want to be a little involved with it from time to time.Can't we all just say "THANKS FOR ALL YOU'VE DONE FOR US JOE!"? Then wish him well, and hope that what ever he does works out good for him.

Sorry, but this crap really drives me freakin crazy!

Well, he OWNED his Nascar team when he came back to the Skins.

Guest sith lord
What ?

So he has to spend every walking minute on a rocking chair :doh:

No, but atleast be honest about it and please don't insult my intelligence and yours by saying that when he said he wanted to spend time with his family that he meant his adult kids in Nascar.

Uh, sorry but JG was spending time with his family. His entire family with the exception of Coy (because he is doing motorcross) is at the track. His children and grandchildren all travel with the NASCAR team.

I know some of us are a bit jealous when we see our HOF coach on the sideline with another team. The man gave all that he felt he could give to the Redskins and their fans. Last year was probably the hardest of all years on him. Give him credit, he didn't pack it in, he put as much effort as he could into bringing this team together. Now that he's gone, let's show some respect and move on to more important issues.

He stated on numerous occassions that he was gonna be here for the 5 years on his contract. I'm not hating and Gibbs can do whatever he wants to, but it is what it is. He quit on this team.

this is quitting on your team:

Bobby Petrino resigns Falcons post after 13 games, goes to Arkansas

Guest sith lord
You must be a Dallas fan planted here just to get my Irish up.

If this was anybody but Joe Gibbs, you guys would have flamed him at the stake.

Guest sith lord
this is quitting on your team:

Bobby Petrino resigns Falcons post after 13 games, goes to Arkansas

Why even make that comparison? What Petrino did was disgraceful. But Gibbs did quit on this team never the less.

Why even make that comparison? What Petrino did was disgraceful. But Gibbs did quit on this team never the less.

Because that is what I consider QUITTING on a team. As you get older in life, you will learn family & health comes first & foremost before any job or anything.

I'm curious to see how anyone can say Joe gibbs quit. He is a 67 year old grandfather. The fact that he came back and gave us four years says enough. He left after a playoff season and he did it before draft preparation and free agency. He completed a season in which his first draft pick since becoming a skin died a tragic death and pulled the team together. Of all t hings Joe Gibbs is, a quitter isnt one of them. The redskins are still very much a part of his life.

first off i too was highly dissapointed with joe when a week after his resignation he was already starting his involvement with his race team.

but i have another opinion of what may have really happened with his resignation. dan and joe would prolly never say it in public but i think joe was prolly asked to resign. with all the game management issues and some of the costly mistakes.... i hate to say but joe had lost a step. then he lost in the paloffs to the same team 2x in 3 years. my bet is one of the guys dan was wanting to fill the spot didnt happen to work out and dan was in a quagmire, but never the less i do believe joe was asked to step down and it was only reported that joe resigned because we all know fedex field would have gone up in flames had yall known locally that joe was actually fired!!

i love joe, obviously by my name, but i think he had done all he could do this time. he gave us 4 years of righting this sinkin ship and now hopefully we can sail into the sunset with a team that has recovered from the spurrier tragedy in half the time it would have, had joe not come home!!

so, thanks joe, have a good time with your family and your race team and we will all see you and sean on the flip side someday!

Sean's Dead. I don't think we'll be seeing him again outside of Film/Video.

:2cents:

Archived