Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I seriously think Zorn will have more success than both Gibbs and Spurrier

Guest sith lord

Guest sith lord

I don't know if this point has been brought up, but this is the first head coach we've had in a long time that comes into the job with current NFL experience. Spurrier was college and Gibbs had been out of the NFL for over a decade. I think Jim Zorn is gonna do a very good job and I like the hire.

One thing about Mike Holmgren's assistance coaches, they all become good head coaches and I expect, OK, hope that Jim Zorn continues in that tradition.

Zorn should do a god job. He has a solid team in tact, thanks to Joe Gibbs et al. The pieces are there, we need to add a few more and Zorn has every opportunity to succeed here. The roster looks better now, to me, than it has at any point in this decade from 2000 to now.

I haven't really thought about it, but you're right. He not only was on the sidelines for a playoff victory last year, but his team beat us. There should be no learning process as far as that goes, just the process of learning to run the show. He has great people around him, and from his past to lean on if he needs them.

I think that he certainly deserves a shot. I think that three years should be enough to determine whether or not he is good enough to win. The unfortunate thing is that with Bill Cowher out there and the fact that our owner doesn't show enough patients with coaches, gibbs excluded, that he may not get the time he needs to demonstrate that he can be a good coach.

Guest sith lord
I think that he certainly deserves a shot. I think that three years should be enough to determine whether or not he is good enough to win. The unfortunate thing is that with Bill Cowher out there and the fact that our owner doesn't show enough patients with coaches, gibbs excluded, that he may not get the time he needs to demonstrate that he can be a good coach.

The only coach Snyder didn't show patients with was Marty, every other coach was given a fair shot. I think Snyder will give Zorn enough time to prove himself.

:doh: Bill Cowher is not gonna be the HC of the Redskins. Not next year or the year after. He would be the HC this year if that was true, its not so move on.

He has never called a single play in the NFL as a coach. The team he played for and was a coach for did not want to keep him on board despite the fact that they have the wealthiest owner in the NFL and their head coach is retiring.

He is also not a well spoken person. If he was that nervous in his first press conference and can't figure out that the team colors are important to the fans, he is going to be eaten alive by the media the first time something goes wrong.

I think the better comparison is to Marty. 1 and done in DC.

If He Is Going To Be So Great, Then Why Are We The First To Ever Interview Him For A Hc Gig. Oh Thats Right, We Only Offered Him An Oc Gig. Then Everyone And There Brother Turned Us Down And He Was Given It By Default.

So Since He Didnt Get Offered A Hc Job Anywhere Else That Means He Cant Be Successful? I Dont Think Andy Reid Got Offered Any Hc Jobs Before He Landed In Philly. Do You Have Proof That They All Turned Us Down? What About Fossil?

I Guess Since Your Name Is Capital Defense You Need To Capitalize Every Word You Write

If He Is Going To Be So Great, Then Why Are We The First To Ever Interview Him For A Hc Gig. Oh Thats Right, We Only Offered Him An Oc Gig. Then Everyone And There Brother Turned Us Down And He Was Given It By Default.

Nobody InterViewed Gibbs Or Spurrier Besides The RedSkins Either. And NoOne Turned Down A Job Offer From The RedSkins So Get Your FACTS STRAIGHT.

So Since He Didnt Get Offered A Hc Job Anywhere Else That Means He Cant Be Successful? I Dont Think Andy Reid Got Offered Any Hc Jobs Before He Landed In Philly. Do You Have Proof That They All Turned Us Down? What About Fossil?

I Guess Since Your Name Is Capital Defense You Need To Capitalize Every Word You Write

Haha beat me to it.

He has never called a single play in the NFL as a coach. The team he played for and was a coach for did not want to keep him on board despite the fact that they have the wealthiest owner in the NFL and their head coach is retiring.

He is also not a well spoken person. If he was that nervous in his first press conference and can't figure out that the team colors are important to the fans, he is going to be eaten alive by the media the first time something goes wrong.

I think the better comparison is to Marty. 1 and done in DC.

Are you saying Joe "fighting our guts out" Gibbs is a well spoken, confidence-inspiring coach? He wasn't. And Spurrier was a complete joke and didn't know the names of our defensive players. So before you just bash Zorn for hater's sake think about what the thread is talking about.

Nobody InterViewed Gibbs Or Spurrier Besides The RedSkins Either. And NoOne Turned Down A Job Offer From The RedSkins So Get Your FACTS STRAIGHT.

Atlanta was in the process of hiring Gibbs when Spurrier quit. The Panthers were after Spurrier the year we hired him.

Mora, Caldwell and Spagnulo withdrew, meaning they did not want the job.

Are you saying Joe "fighting our guts out" Gibbs is a well spoken, confidence-inspiring coach? He wasn't. And Spurrier was a complete joke and didn't know the names of our defensive players. So before you just bash Zorn for hater's sake think about what the thread is talking about.

Gibbs and Spurrier were not nervous in front of the media. I am surprised Zorn didn't pee his pants when he was speaking in his opening presser. He has zero polish.

Spurrier was actually pretty funny and Gibbs is very well spoken. Gibbs didn't disseminate much info, but carried himself well. Even when Spurrier was flapping his lips he knew what the team colors were.

Atlanta was in the process of hiring Gibbs when Spurrier quit. The Panthers were after Spurrier the year we hired him.

Atlanta was NEVER "in the process" of hiring Gibbs as a HC

Guest sith lord

Where are you getting your info? Atlanta WAS NOT in the process of hiring Gibbs. If my memory serves me correctly, this is what Atlanta said after Gibbs was hired by the Skins, "If we knew Gibbs was interested in coaching again, we would have talked to him about our head coaching position."

Archived