Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama news: NAFTA-gate and the Clinton Camp

bird_1972

I never understood Nafta bashing - didnt her own husband sign the bill?

I distinctly remember Al Gore even going on Larry King to debate Ross Perot on it.

Bill C. was a big supporter of it, unless I missed something.

I think you are right, but the issue here is that they were doing the "wink, wink" thing with the Canadian gov't and then turned around and blamed it on Obama! Unbelievable!

The people of OH must be some of the dumbest in the nation ... allowing this women to charm you into voting for her.

Just awful.

I think you are right, but the issue here is that they were doing the "wink, wink" thing with the Canadian gov't and then turned around and blamed it on Obama! Unbelievable!

The people of OH must be some of the dumbest in the nation ... allowing this women to charm you into voting for her.

Just awful.

Nobody doubts that the Obama aide meet with the Canadian official. Nobody doubts that the memo is real memo generated by the Canadian goverment as a result of that meeting.

From the Obama perspective, it isn't clear if it was an officially sactioned meeting, and how well the memo actually represents the content of the actual meeting, and possibly Clinton has been doing the samething.

It isn't credible to doubt the original story though.

Well, this still doesn't explain the memo saying that it was Obama's guy that met with the Canadians. IMO that's what really screwed him - not the initial report but the fact that he denied it and the written memo leaked later.

I think the truth is that both campaigns are just spewing rhetoric about NAFTA. The free trade boat has sailed and we're not going back - sorry Ohio. Unfortunately, nobody took the time to clue in Fareed Zakaria or our Latin American friends...

Nobody doubts that the Obama aide meet with the Canadian official. Nobody doubts that the memo is real memo generated by the Canadian goverment as a result of that meeting.

Has anyone actually ever seen the memo? The new outlets reported they had been told what it said. Would be nice to see the real deal.

Well, this still doesn't explain the memo saying that it was Obama's guy that met with the Canadians. IMO that's what really screwed him - not the initial report but the fact that he denied it and the written memo leaked later.

I think the truth is that both campaigns are just spewing rhetoric about NAFTA. The free trade boat has sailed and we're not going back - sorry Ohio. Unfortunately, nobody took the time to clue in Fareed Zakaria or our Latin American friends...

I think this is the case. At best, he can say I'm not lying any more than my competition. The problem is that everybody expects her to lie (and play dirty). His thing is he's different.

Archived