Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joke Offseason, Joke Owner

...the only thing the Eagles fans have to look forward to may be that new stadium. Bet it's going to be real fun watching them fall apart again. Doubt they'll win the NFC East. All the other teams have improved while the Eagles are spinning in circles. Good luck trying to replace Vincent and Taylor next year.

I think the Eagles had a window, didn't take advantage of it, and won't be back. Kind of like the Vikings of recent.

Thick with envy are the posts from our Eagle fan friends. Envious that they have a team so close, and clearly so unable to close the deal and take the title due to a silver-spoon owner who'd rather be in New England owning that team and not spending money.

It's laughable seeing comments here like how the free money the Eagles have will be used to resign their own players. Like who, exactly? Douglas is leaving. Mitchell left. Trotter left. Barber left. Vincent is wondering what a brother has to do to get paid in Philly, and he's not wondering it to himself, he's wondering it out loud.

Meanwhile, the Redskins continue to sign young players. Players who started on their teams. Players who helped, for the most part, lead their teams to the playoffs. Players who understand what it takes to win and who have had very sound performance levels to support them. What the Eagles wouldn't do to have an owner willing to make moves like for Coles, which is such a glaring weakness on your team you are left complaining that WE don't know what we're doing by signing a player you should have signed two weeks ago when free agency opened.

You then ask for us to imagine a team that vaguely resembles the one we just had? Ok. What constitutes such a thing? Could it be only losing three starters from last years team? Could it be keeping 19 of 22 starters from last years team and moving four of them into reserve roles due to improving those spots?

You kept 19 of 22 starters last year. That's what we have this year. And our kicking game is better. And when you think of our receivers you curse the Gods because you know if you just had OUR players you'd be a Super Bowl winning team. Instead, you're just the Eagles waiting on a big hunk to eventually ask you to marry him, but always winding up having a chance next time, and never having been chosen.

Sad little whiners.

This is fun! its been so boring around here today.

Snyder sends a limo to the free agents home flies him here on a private plane, wines and dines them and then writes a check.

What does Andy Ried and company do,take them to Pat's for a cheesesteak after picking them up at the bus station?

The Luries are so cheap, I don't even think they have the money to sign anybody with all the uncollected sbl's

Originally posted by Maurice_Moosehead

Super Bowl win or not, I'll take 3 years of exciting football and almost getting there over being the laughing stock ...

Yea, Buc fans used to message thier ego with talk like "almost getting there", and "contenders" and such.

Too bad it's all bull****, I know I'm a Buc fan.

Now in Tampa, the Eagles are the laughing stock :):)

Who scored the last TD in the Vet?

hint: his last name has to do with cutting hair. :):):)

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

Damn the Eagles fans actually talking smack. Maurice Maurie I shake my head. When you go to another Super Bowl then talk.

The last time the Eagles played in the big game didn't Regan just get inaugarated? The Nasdaq was at 160, Nolan Ryan was an 11 year veteran, my parents had been married for a week, Cal Ripken's streak had yet to begin, there was a nation known as the Soviet Union, there were no message boards, it had been 37 years since D-Day, less then a decade since Watergate, and the 49ers had no Super Bowl titles.

Wow times have changed but the Eagles clearly have not. Pathetic

Originally posted by One Dollar

Yea, Buc fans used to message thier ego with talk like "almost getting there", and "contenders" and such.

Too bad it's all bull****, I know I'm a Buc fan.

Now in Tampa, the Eagles are the laughing stock :):)

Who scored the last TD in the Vet?

hint: his last name has to do with cutting hair. :):):)

Kudos to you.

You saw that Brass Ring and grabbed it.

You've got the hardware, and that's why we shut up.

Maurice,

1) Why do some people call you Maurice?

2) What the #$% is the pompetus of love (perhaps it is that Lombardi trophy you find so elusive?)

3) How did you get the name Moosehead? I'm guessing you stood alone in the forest like a statue for days, with a deer saltlick shoved down your pants.

p.s. I live 1/2way between Philly and NY, and I can tell you - noone in their right mind would want to live in Philly. But then again, if you're trying to get a Monica from a four legged beast with horns, you're probably not in a right state of mind anyways. ...

Moosec**k.....Nugget....where you at????

Start the smack, then go beddy-bye???

Write this down.....

The QB people are gonna be talkin about in a couple years is named Patrick Ramsey. Old school, sit in the pocket, accurate, pick you apart style QB.

Unfortunately it won't be.....overrated, overhyped, inaccurate, "is it OK if I run now?", Donovan McNabb.

I think what worries Eagles fans is that after watching the Ravens, Patriots and Bucs win the Super Bowl with less than franchise talent at quarterback they are worried that the Redskins, Giants or Cowboys are going to go the SB before they do even though they have the flashy qb :)

Originally posted by Art

That's what we have this year. And our kicking game is better. And when you think of our receivers you curse the Gods because you know if you just had OUR players you'd be a Super Bowl winning team. Instead, you're just the Eagles waiting on a big hunk to eventually ask you to marry him, but always winding up having a chance next time, and never having been chosen.

Sad little whiners. [/b]

Oh Art, it's been so long since I've been on here that I forgot how much of a homer you are. I didn't really read most of your post b/c I remember that you normally just blabber your homer opinions and make them out to be facts. Such as your kicking game is better. I can see that, with our All-Pro kicker and all. Just b/c Hall is better than the clowns you had last year, doesn;t mean he's good. Check his percentages big guy. I'm not here to argue, I'm here to help you see how pathetic your team is.

PS - Don't bring your personal life (i.e., wanting to marry a guy) into a football conversation.

Originally posted by SkinsHokie Fan

The last time the Eagles played in the big game didn't Regan just get inaugarated? The Nasdaq was at 160, Nolan Ryan was an 11 year veteran, my parents had been married for a week, Cal Ripken's streak had yet to begin, there was a nation known as the Soviet Union, there were no message boards, it had been 37 years since D-Day, less then a decade since Watergate, and the 49ers had no Super Bowl titles.

Wow, I see things haven't cahnged around here. Still grasping on to that precious past while a bleak future still lies ahead.

Oh Art, it's been so long since I've been on here that I forgot how much of a homer you are. I didn't really read most of your post b/c I remember that you normally just blabber your homer opinions and make them out to be facts. Such as your kicking game is better. I can see that, with our All-Pro kicker and all. Just b/c Hall is better than the clowns you had last year, doesn;t mean he's good. Check his percentages big guy. I'm not here to argue, I'm here to help you see how pathetic your team is.

:doh: I can't believe he was dumb enough to take the bait.

Actually, I can. :laugh:

Maurice,

Don't be confused here. Because I'm speaking to you doesn't somehow lend validity to your words. I like to bring the feeble-minded along, goosing them into making expressions of even greater ignorance, and decrying while denying the factual nature of words and information they have no answer to.

You opened this thread with factually incorrect data. Don't be upset that others see your mistakes and call you on them. Apologize for disturbing those better than you and thank them for taking them time to hold your hand through a conversation. That'd be your best course of action.

As just about nothing in this thread uttered by you is actually truthful, it does make it difficult for me to see the pathetic in anything but the messenger. But, that's probably a feeling of pity and disdain you are accustomed to, yes?

Not only are the Redskins better, but they are substantially better, with younger players. The majority of those players signed at bargain prices allowing for the progression of stability within the Spurrier era to the point that you are caused to offer little by way of fact in counter to that improvement.

It's actually somewhat amusing. You led your appearance here asking if we thought we would be a better team. Then, you conceded, sure, we're better at kicker and we're better the offensive line, and of course, we're better at receiver if Coles is added, and, well, I have to ask, how come you didn't draw a connection to all the areas you admit we've improved into actual total recognition?

I actually know the reason. The reason is because you weren't aware that we've retained 19 of 22 starters we had last year. You thought we'd lost more and made more changes and you're still scratching your prepubescent head wondering what's going on here.

Of course you aren't here to argue. Arguing would require you know something. You don't. So, absent knowledge, you have decided to run from person to person showing them that your name is in the phonebook. You've made it. You are somebody. Congrats.

Archived