Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I switched my party affiliation back to Dem today AND LOOK WHAT I FOUND.

Kilmer17

Florida has a rule that you must be registered to vote in a party primary. I switched from independant to Dem in Dec, then voted for Obama, then switched it back after the Jan Primary. So I switched back today just in case it's reqd by a certain date.

While there, I found a flier listing key dates. I found it on the web as well-

Check THIS out.

http://election.dos.state.fl.us/online/elecdate.shtml

2008 Election Dates

Presidential Preference Primary : January 29, 2008

Primary Election: August 26, 2008

General Election: November 4, 2008

Florida already HAS another election date scheduled for Aug 26. Of course, the Dem convention starts the day before that.

If the Dems want a do-over in FLA, my guess is the GOP Legislature and GOP Gov will tell them "sure, you can do it on the date alreayd on the books".

I saw someone from the DNC on tv today say that both Flordida and Michigan are welcome to submit plans for selecting delegates by primary/caucus/state convention that meet DNC guidelines. This has always been available to them. The interviewer didn't have the sense to ask what deadlines are given in the guidelines, but somehow I doubt that Aug. 26th would qualify. :)

That election has always been there. It's for choosing candidates for Congress or state offices.

A lot of states have a system like this, where there is a "Presidential preference primary" early on, and then a real primary later for the rest of the offices. It's stupid to have primaries as early as we do, so many states only moved up the Presidential part of their primary but left the rest of the elections later in the year.

Missouri has their primary in early August: http://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/2008primary/default.asp

Massachusetts has their primary in September: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/Ele/elepdf/schedule_08.pdf

etc.

I dodnt mean to imply they had just added that date, Im sure it's always been there.

My point is that the GOP would love nothing more than a redo of the Dem PRimary in Fla that late in the summer.

Well, I doubt the Dems would agree to that.

The offers I'm hearing on the table are that the Democratic Party of Florida is willing to pay for an election in June or something. If the Republican legislature stonewalls them on that when they come with the money in hand, I'm sure there will be some lawsuits to file...

Voting is a waste of time. deleagates, Super delegates, Caucases, WTF.. Why cant popular vote win.

Ask the sheep at a table full of wolves when they are voting on what's for dinner.

Dj, the Dems can hold a caucus, but a primary requires the state to approve it. They have get poll workers, the machines, line up precincts etc etc etc. If they offer to pay a huge amount, Im sure the State wont mind.

The other issue at hand for Hillary, is that she'll probably lose a second primary and certainly lose a caucus. The snow birds will be gone. Which was her base in Fla.

The bigger question is, why did you identify yourself as a Dem and vote for Obama????

I will do anything to keep Hillary out of power. I think the Rush idea is wrong. Better to slay the hydra at the first opportunity.

I will do anything to keep Hillary out of power. I think the Rush idea is wrong. Better to slay the hydra at the first opportunity.

what he said. :notworthy

I voted for Obama in VA even though I like McCain. I know other McCain supporters here that did the same.

You really think McCain can take Obama? I'm highly skeptical. I think he's got a much better chance against Clinton.

Interesting....

You really think McCain can take Obama? I'm highly skeptical. I think he's got a much better chance against Clinton.

Interesting....

I agree.

Today was a good/bad day for McCain.

He's got the nomination all wrapped up....and for some rooted party loyalists. The Bush endorsement is good.

But, he's going to be tied to the President hardcore in the attacks against him. He needs moderates and some unhappy Dems to help him beat Obama. I don't think being the President's little buddy is going to help much.

Interesting....

I agree, but Im not willing to take that chance. I'd rather have a harder road against Obama than an easier one against Hillary.

I agree.

Today was a good/bad day for McCain.

He's got the nomination all wrapped up....and for some rooted party loyalists. The Bush endorsement is good.

But, he's going to be tied to the President hardcore in the attacks against him. He needs moderates and some unhappy Dems to help him beat Obama. I don't think being the President's little buddy is going to help much.

To have a chance, McCain has to be the 'old McCain' - the guy who FREQUENTLY wouldn't go along to play along....even with the Bush Administration. He's got to 'out maverick' Obama.

Going to be an interesting race.

To have a chance, McCain has to be the 'old McCain' - the guy who FREQUENTLY wouldn't go along to play along....even with the Bush Administration. He's got to 'out maverick' Obama.

Going to be an interesting race.

Exactly.

He can be "FOR" staying in Iraq. But he needs to talk about big changes in the way things are done.

If he doesn't. I don't see him having much of a chance, sadly.

I guess the question for him is.......what percentage of American's want to keep things the way that W's admin has made them? If its crazy low. Then he needs to distance himself from W right now. Limit the photo's because you know the ads will have them together, and you know that will only hurt.

I have been GOP, then DEM, then INDEPENDENT, then DEM, then GOP. But BUSH CHENEY INCOMPETENCE as well as criminal acts agains the American people and Constitution have made me INDEPENDENT. I will vote DEM becasue MCCAIN is just another Bush (SMARTER but still a ****ing BUSH)

You know better Chief.

I'd rather have a harder road against Obama than an easier one against Hillary.
BUSH CHENEY INCOMPETENCE as well as criminal acts agains the American people and Constitution have made me INDEPENDENT. I will vote DEM becasue MCCAIN is just another Bush (SMARTER but still a PHUCKIN BUSH)

Some very smart people are posting in this thread.

If Hillary somehow becomes President by the skin of her teeth, the medium-to-far right will have only themselves to thank for not shredding her to ribbons over the past two months.

And don't pretend "it'll never happen" just because it's such anathema to you. No matter how remote the possibility, it can happen unless you start pulling her to pieces NOW.

Don't play games with the system when there's so much at stake. Kill the dragon today.

I have been GOP, then DEM, then INDEPENDENT, then DEM, then GOP. But BUSH CHENEY INCOMPETENCE as well as criminal acts agains the American people and Constitution have made me INDEPENDENT. I will vote DEM becasue MCCAIN is just another Bush (SMARTER but still a ******* BUSH)

rage.jpg

Archived