Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sexualization of girls

China

Who do you give the edge to  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you give the edge to

Next time, answer yes. All you have to do is ask the sales lady and they'll hook you up with what you want.

People who think it's alright for young girls to wear skimpy clothing must not have a problem with all these teenage pregnancies. The two go together.

Because they wear low cut jeans they get pregnant? huh. Learn something new everyday

Guest sith lord
Because they wear low cut jeans they get pregnant? huh. Learn something new everyday

Trust me, girls that wear skimpy cloths are trying to impress boys. And last checked, little horny teenage boys are interested in one thing. I'm raising a teenage boy, I know what I'm talking about.

And we're all talking about skimpy clothing, what about those overly tight jeans they all wear to show their arse?

No "polite society".... that society where common decency, morals and values still existed for both men and women. Where those people of both genders who chose to buck the ideals of common decency, morals and values knew that they ran the risk of being ostracized or just plain banished from polite society.

In other words, morals, decency, and values as defined by the ever virtuous and exemplary MSF who bases his fantasy-filled views on a brief period of history and then judges everyone and society as a whole by those standards.

You'll have to forgive me for my lack of respect for your sapience.

Trust me, girls that wear skimpy cloths are tyring to impress boys. And last checked, little horny teenage boys are interested in one thing.

No, it's not just about trying to impress boys. Thats only one portion of why they're dressing like hookers at the age of 10.

Girls have self esteem issues ... and if they're dressing like that, they do want attention - from both boys and girls. Girls want the boys to think that they're pretty, and they want the girls to be jealous or they want to fit in with all of the other 10 year old girls and what they wear.

No one wants to stand out like a sore thumb .... No one, regardless of whether they possess a penis or a vagina. Everyone wants to blend in ... and thats one of the reasons why these girls are wearing these things. "Everyone else is wearing those mom! Why can't I?!?!"

Wanting to fit in, wanting to be one of the popular kids, wanting to be attractive and feel attractive doesn't mean that someone is going to end up pregnant. It simply means that they need to get their self esteem in check.

It was normal for Americans to own slaves in the 1970's and early 80's? WOW that's news to me, because I know where I grew up during that time period, there were accepted social norms for what people should wear in public. I can remember kids being sent home from junior high and high school for inappropriate clothing.

I never said back in my day, I simply stated back in the day. Back in the day, it was also acceptable for people to get sprayed full force with a fire hose just protesting prejudice. When I was in school you would get sent home for any shirt with profanity, drug, or alcohol ads. There was a dress code, but biker shorts and low cut shirts were not a part of that.

Back to topic, First G-string bikini was made back in the '40's. Certainly throughout the 60's -80's there were many trend setting skimpy outfits made popular.

It's not money that makes changes acceptable.... it's a society unable or unwilling to put its foot down and say that certain things are NOT acceptable.

If people are willing to spend the money on these clothes, companies will continue to sell them. I don't disagree that society has a part in it though.

And we're all talking about skimpy clothing, what about those overly tight jeans they all wear to show their arse?

Try being a 28 year old female who doesn't want to show everything .... Do you know how hard it is for me to buy clothes that aren't skin tight and showing the boobs? It's not very easy.

I work in a male dominated industry ... and I'm constantly around men. I do not want to be seen or viewed as the pretty girl who just her job because she's got nice boobs and she's cute. I make sure that I'm covered when I come to work so that no one can judge me and say that I'm getting ahead simply because I'm showing my goods.

I'm always wearing button up dress shirts, nice sweaters, slacks ... and it's NOT easy for me to find clothes that cover up the goods that DO NOT MAKE ME LOOK LIKE I'M WEARING CLOTHES FOR A 60 YEAR OLD!

So it's not a problem for just the little girls ... it's for adults too.

Guest sith lord
No, it's not just about trying to impress boys. Thats only one portion of why they're dressing like hookers at the age of 10.

Girls have self esteem issues ... and if they're dressing like that, they do want attention - from both boys and girls. Girls want the boys to think that they're pretty, and they want the girls to be jealous or they want to fit in with all of the other 10 year old girls and what they wear.

No one wants to stand out like a sore thumb .... No one, regardless of whether they possess a penis or a vagina. Everyone wants to blend in ... and thats one of the reasons why these girls are wearing these things. "Everyone else is wearing those mom! Why can't I?!?!"

Wanting to fit in, wanting to be one of the popular kids, wanting to be attractive and feel attractive doesn't mean that someone is going to end up pregnant. It simply means that they need to get their self esteem in check.

I can agree with that. Both girls and boys do. I remember when I used to go to school, we all had our individual identities, now all the kids look exactly alike because they wear the same type of clothing.

Trust me, girls that wear skimpy cloths are trying to impress boys. And last checked, little horny teenage boys are interested in one thing. I'm raising a teenage boy, I know what I'm talking about.

I love women, and used to be a teen with overly active hormones. That did not for a second make me an irresponsible teen when regarding sex.

You might need to give him the birds, bees, babies, and disease talk. Worked for me. Thanks Mom and Dad.

... and it's NOT easy for me to find clothes that cover up the goods that DO NOT MAKE ME LOOK LIKE I'M WEARING CLOTHES FOR A 60 YEAR OLD!

So it's not a problem for just the little girls ... it's for adults too.

Banana Republic is your friend.

Some of the Ann Taylor stuff, Donna Karan, and a few others.

Banana Republic is your friend.

Some of the Ann Taylor stuff, Donna Karan, and a few others.

Yeah ... Banana Republic is my friend SOMETIMES ....

Ann Taylor is my friend A LOT ...

It's very difficult to spend hundreds of dollars on clothes because I'm supporting myself and living alone. So bills have to always come first ... and fun stuff and clothing comes later.

However, I will happily accept gift card donations to the above mentioned stores . :D

Guest sith lord
I love women, and used to be a teen with overly active hormones. That did not for a second make me an irresponsible teen when regarding sex.

You might need to give him the birds, bees, babies, and disease talk. Worked for me. Thanks Mom and Dad.

He got the message but many kids aren't receiving that message. Not to change the subject, but I've also noticed that a lot of "parents" allow their kids boyfriend or girlfriend to stay with them.

It's very difficult to spend hundreds of dollars on clothes because I'm supporting myself and living alone. So bills have to always come first ... and fun stuff and clothing comes later.

However, I will happily accept gift card donations to the above mentioned stores . :D

There are also internet stores that sell "modest" clothing for women and girls. My wife has used them many times.

The thing about buying clothes at those type of places is that typically they are never going out of style. Classic styles with classic lines and design. Like buying a nice suit instead of a Steve Harvey/Deion Sanders/Mike Irvin type of suit.

I am going to look a Tuxes this week, I need one and might as well just buy the damn thing.

Gift Card. Hmm... missed Xmas, missed Valentine's, When is your B-Day... ? ;)

Guest sith lord
Never. Hang out all you want, but at 10-11 it's time to go. And that's on the weekends. haha.

In my home, friends are allowed only while I'm there.

Back to topic, First G-string bikini was made back in the '40's. Certainly throughout the 60's -80's there were many trend setting skimpy outfits made popular.

True, and for the most part I have no problem with the skimpy outfits being worn BY ADULTS and IN THE APPROPRIATE SETTING. 12 year olds in a public school fit neither of those criteria.

If people are willing to spend the money on these clothes, companies will continue to sell them. I don't disagree that society has a part in it though.

That's where "Society" may need to step in and inform certain companies that their products are no longer legal in this country for moral reasons.

In other words, morals, decency, and values as defined by the ever virtuous and exemplary MSF who bases his fantasy-filled views on a brief period of history and then judges everyone and society as a whole by those standards.

You'll have to forgive me for my lack of respect for your sapience.

Something like that, Krup.

I truly hope you DON'T forgive me for my absolute lack of respect for you. Buh bye.

The only people to blame are the parents.

Exactly

Candace,I agree it is a issue of self esteem/confidence, but are they trying to fit in or be individuals/attract attention?....hard to do both ;)

I'm just glad mine are already raised.

My girl is 16, but when she had to speak on a subject in a recent school debate tournament, she chose 'The Merits of Chemical Castration for sex offenders'. I think she's doing alright.:laugh:

Exactly

Candace,I agree it is a issue of self esteem/confidence, but are they trying to fit in or be individuals/attract attention?....hard to do both ;)

I think that it is a combination of both. As mentioned many times in this thread, women have ALWAYS been objectified and we will continue to be. Things have only gotten worse over the years. Little girls looked up to Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan and lord knows who else for role models. They saw these superstars dressing in tiny shorts and mini shirts, and the girls want to be just like their idols. So, what do clothing manufacturers do, start making mini hooker outfits for kids.

The media is telling girls that in order to be pretty, you have to be a size 2 ... which is highly difficult for a good percentage of women. When you see these new clothing trends, I'm sure that you're seeing two things:

1. The skinnier the girl, the better ...

2. The less clothes, the better.

Everyone wants to be liked. I don't care who you are, how old you are, any of that. Everyone has a desire to be liked. We all want to have friends, lots of good friends, and we want the opposite sex to find us attractive.

These little girls are dressing this way because:

1. Everyone is wearing those clothes ...

2. Society is teaching them that it's acceptable to wear these clothes.

3. Everyone in their classes are wearing trendy clothes - and these girls want to fit in and be part of the cool clique.

4. Whether you want to admit it or not, we're all initially judged on appearance.

5. School (elementary through high) is incredibly difficult because kids are cruel, always judging everyone else, always looking to pick on someone.

These little girls want to establish individualism - a personality - want to be part of the cool kids clique - and unfortunately the only way that they can do that is by fitting in when it comes to physical appearance.

And individualism includes confidence ... without confidence ... these kids are nothing. And the only thing that they're confident and comfortable wearing is going to be the same clothes that everyone else is wearing.

And individualism includes confidence ... without confidence ... these kids are nothing. And the only thing that they're confident and comfortable wearing is going to be the same clothes that everyone else is wearing.

I don't disagree with the fact there are a lot of pressures,but if you train them well they can be confident and comfortable w/o fitting in.

and it will serve them well.

Something like that, Krup.

I truly hope you DON'T forgive me for my absolute lack of respect for you. Buh bye.

Thanks for taking the bait. In a "polite society", the one in which you so pine for, gentlemen can disagree and then ask to be forgiven for not seeing eye to eye.

Rather than follow suit, you toss decorum aside and respond in a fashion that is anything but characteristic of a "polite society".

Hypocrisy has never been a good measure of character in this or any other society since the dawn of man.

I don't disagree with the fact there are a lot of pressures,but if you train them well they can be confident and comfortable w/o fitting in.

and it will serve them well.

Train them well? Probably not the best words to use .... :laugh:

Essentially you're right ... which brings us back to proper involvement by the parents and guidance --- which is the root of the entire problem.

Archived