Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC Report: Portis restructures-8 mil under cap

4thGenSkinsFan

GOOD!

Now we can release his sorry ass!!!!1

/McD5

wow that made me laugh! :laugh:

Anyway...another good move by CP and our cap manipulating FO.

This doesn't mean we'll toss money around but it means we have some room to play if we want to. I like that.

So heres the deal..

You dont restructure contracts to not use the money.

The money is pushed back to other years so we can use it now.

Our draft picks are not gonna need all that cash (I would hope not anyway)

So, who are we gonna sign with the extra dough.

We cant roll it over to next year so, its use it or lose it.

hmmm.

So heres the deal..

You dont restructure contracts to not use the money.

The money is pushed back to other years so we can use it now.

Our draft picks are not gonna need all that cash (I would hope not anyway)

So, who are we gonna sign with the extra dough.

We cant roll it over to next year so, its use it or lose it.

hmmm.

Is anyone of value left? Have I not been paying attention or is this the most boring free agency period in history?

I don't me just as a Skins fan but I have been unimpressed with the majority of signings I have read about. Just not a lot of really good players out there this year.

Future GM of the Washington Redkins. ie:savior

Potential future presidential candidate.

All-around great guy......plays his guts out.

:laugh:

A heckuva guy. Just ask him. ;)

This is good news and certainly it's not out of the question to assume the team is making this room for a purpose beyond just because. C.P. was willing to do this and that's a good thing as well I think in this case.

What can the skins do with 8 Million? The draft is coming and there is still need for some depth at some postions. I don't think the skins will do anything in free agency just sign some depth and their draft picks.

Are you kidding me? Clinton Portis is the face of this organization! He finished 2nd in the NFC with total yards! I can only hope and imagine what he can really do with a good passing game!

Skins 4 Life!

GOOD!

Now we can release his sorry ass!!!!1

/McD5

Are you kidding me? Clinton Portis is the face of this organization! He finished 2nd in the NFC with total yards! I can only hope and imagine what he can really do with a good passing game!

Skins 4 Life!dallas_sucks.gif

Skins 4 Life!dallas_sucks.gif

He's joking. McD5 is the one who doesn't like Portis.

Good stuff in that blog. I agree with the posters who think a trade could be coming what with the increased cap space, of course it could just as easily not happen.

You know what is funny though? I joked around about the "realists" finally getting a GM when Cerrato was promoted. I was glad for the promotion because we now have direct accountability. But lately it seems Vinny is doing all the right things, moreso than I was even hopeful for. First, we hire a young coach with a new and fresh offensive philosophy, then we refrain from big splashes in free agency on day one. But there is more! Vinny fired the Skins PR guy (well deserved after the head coach search media fiasco) and now is looking for a new one, and also the team has fired its past surgeon and is going to expand their injury rehab department, specifically in areas dealing with hamstrings and knees. I know it probably wasn't only Vinny asking for this, but I believe he did play a role in getting that done. Keep it up Vinny! Draft wise and let's kick ass this season.

Why not?

All this cuting and restructuring puts dead money into future years. It has hurt our ability to get quality depth in years past hopefully we can change that and beable to consitantly stay under the cap but i dont see that happening anytime soon Hopefully if we have a few budding stars we will be able to sign them to long term deals before they become big stars

Archived