Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gripe Tree

jistardy

I was thinking about all the various gripes about this and that, on all the threads. and thought maybe we need a thread for the full purpose of gripes. How it is supposed to work is, (You post your gripe in the thread and or respoond to gripes by quote response.) That way everyone will have a thread to gripe at eachother for the soul purpose to Gripe (All within rules guidlines and laws goverened by Extremeskins of course) But it could be fun. Just remember if you post a gripe, you are asking for a retort, possably.

:cheers::silly: :doh: :laugh: :applause: :notworthy :evil: :cry: :secret: :nutkick:

I will start. I havent seen a Redskins game live since I was 8years old. Thats a long long time ago in a place known RFK. It rocked and bounced scared the crap out of me. I will never forget it. Then I moved to Central California near the 49ers and Raiders. I have never faltered on my Skins. So now I have been hopeing to catch a game here and they are not playing this year. I don't think they played here last year either. What the hell two teams in the area, AFC and NFC and no chance to see my beloved Skins. My G*d, what about the kids, man! Oh and when your mom jumps in the air she gets stuck because her *ss is the size of a blimp. Just jokeing pal, no need to get your hairs in a bunch. Besides we never met.....I hope..

Ok, I will flip another one out there. Here it is :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck . I Love watching Owens Cry, I Love to hate Eagle fans, who in my opinion are potty mouth idiots, who don't deserve a team for the way they crap on their own. I have to not like the Giants, thats easy they just iwon the Super Bowl. But I love them for beating New England. Whats wrong with them, they are giving up all kinds of players. Must be for under cover video work. LOL.

Ok, here is my gripe. The rules about TD celebrations have gone too far! A NFL is supposed to be entertaining, and for the most part, it is. But I enjoyed watching some of the more original celebrations.

Also, the no contact rule after 5 yards is ridiculous. Especially when it is a simple touching of the arm that is 35 yards away from the play.

Ok, here is my gripe. The rules about TD celebrations have gone too far! A NFL is supposed to be entertaining, and for the most part, it is. But I enjoyed watching some of the more original celebrations.

Also, the no contact rule after 5 yards is ridiculous. Especially when it is a simple touching of the arm that is 35 yards away from the play.

I have to absolutely agree with this. It is hard enogh being a safety or cb and have a petty call go 35 yards on 3 and 12.

I also love the players that dont celebrate just because of the ones that do. I mean, let the game be celebrated. I find its fun and enjoyable at times to watch players goof off. But if know-one can, than how do you read the character of those like Art Monk and Cooly that make it look like its all in the job. You cant compare if there is only one way to do something. What about the team fun bunch style pictures that will now be archived as ancient history. I miss the team Icky Shuffle. Whats up with that?

I will start. I havent seen a Redskins game live since I was 8years old. Thats a long long time ago in a place known RFK. It rocked and bounced scared the crap out of me. I will never forget it. Then I moved to Central California near the 49ers and Raiders. I have never faltered on my Skins. So now I have been hopeing to catch a game here and they are not playing this year. I don't think they played here last year either. What the hell two teams in the area, AFC and NFC and no chance to see my beloved Skins. .

The 'Skins are playing @ SF this fall. And the 'Skins are playing @ Oakland in 2009. See -- good things come to those who wait. ;)

http://www.redskins.com/news/0309schedules.jsp

I hate the idea that an unproven rookie who happens to get picked in the first round will get paid more than 75% of his teamates. The NFL needs a rookie cap kind of like the NBA. Work hard for 2 or 3 years and prove that you can hang and you will get your payday.

Well, let's see, if we follow the progression of fans complaints, maybe we can even predict what the next one will be. I will start from '05, since that is when I first started reading this site.

All arguments typically start with, or at the very least hint at: The team will never win anything with Snyder as the owner

1) Coles for Moss? There is no way that will work out, he is a #3 WR at best.

2) How can Brunell be starting over Ramsey again, this team is screwed.

3) Gibbs is old, the game has passed him by, he can't win in this era of football

4) Gregg Williams has lost control of his players, the D will never return to top 10 as long as he stays

5) Saunders is terrible

6) If we don't draft a D-lineman, our D will be terrible again in '07

7) Clinton Portis is done, he is too injury prone and won't be one of the better backs next season

8) Why are we keeping old guys like Brunell and Collins on the roster, they'll never do anything to help this team

9) We have to keep continuity with the same coaching staff we have been complaining about

10) Gregg Williams has to be the next head coach eventhough we wanted him gone last season

11) Saunders did things right, it was always Gibbs interfering. Anything good that happened was because of Saunders, everything bad was Gibbs' fault

12) Now that Gibbs is gone, we have to preserve what he left, eventhough we always complained about him

13) This team will never win with all the free agent signings and trading away draft picks. Why can't we just build through the draft?

14) Why is this team not signing free agents and trading draft picks for free agents. If we don't do much, all the good players will be gone, and we will have to build through the draft.

And then the long chain of hypocrisy ends with, or at the very least hints at: the team will never win with Snyder as the owner.

My prediction for the next big complaint: whatever free agent we do sign, we will either be overpaying or that player will be a scrub we were forced to sign cuz all the other good players were gone.

I hate how Rookies get paid tons of money. I like the way the NBA and NHL do it. Make it extremely incentive laden.

I also hate that a lot of players get one TC to show what they have. There should be a farm system to develop talent like that.

Brilliant idea, btw.

I would like to gripe about the moderators... I do not know if thats allowed. I do know that I spent the last 30-90 (I can't remember which of those two... maybe 60) days of last season banned from this forum. I was falsely accused of having ill intent when creating a certain thread and labeled a "troll". So yeah, that is my gripe. I am still bitter about being left out of the festivities during the last 5 weeks of last season.

I would like to gripe about the moderators... I do not know if thats allowed. I do know that I spent the last 30-90 (I can't remember which of those two... maybe 60) days of last season banned from this forum. I was falsely accused of having ill intent when creating a certain thread and labeled a "troll". So yeah, that is my gripe. I am still bitter about being left out of the festivities during the last 5 weeks of last season.

Doesnt it feel better to get it off your chest. :applause: That sucks, I couldnt get on because of my free e-mail ie., yahoo account or some other reason for about 2 years. But I love being here now. So its water under the bridge. :point2sky

I hate the idea that an unproven rookie who happens to get picked in the first round will get paid more than 75% of his teamates. The NFL needs a rookie cap kind of like the NBA. Work hard for 2 or 3 years and prove that you can hang and you will get your payday.

I couldn't agree more. A team should have to go crazy and clear cap space in order to sign someone you don't know if they can play.

I'm going to gripe about members that want to gripe about the mods without even knowing if thats allowed instead of simply sending them a PM to make sure it gets addressed. :)

I have sent them PM's over it. Either I do not do it right, or they ignore me. So hah, I win.

Okay, here's mine...*clears throat*

Life...is...BEAUTIFUL!

sunburst-over-lake.jpg

Did I do it right?

You're doing it wrong.

Its more like "Aww ****, lets not go out and sign Big Money players come Feb. 29th!"

Then "Aww ****, why'd we pass on Gibril Wilson! We coulda had him for $40 mil! What about Jerry Porter! Drayton Florence! Come on!"

I couldn't agree more. A team should have to go crazy and clear cap space in order to sign someone you don't know if they can play.

I'm right there with you. Bill Polian is against it as well. 2009 needs to be a bad year for Rookies looking to come out.

I can understand their gripes though. While Top 10 players cost their teams plenty of money and time, you have to look at it from their perspective. No other league offers less job security than the NFL. It isn't called the Not For Long league for a reason.

Archived