Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC - Still Very Quiet 11pm

@DCGoldPants

Posted at 11:10 PM ET, 03/ 1/2008

Still Very Quiet

Despite reports to the contrary, multiple sources say the Skins did not make any real push for Lance Briggs; in fact, Chicago was his strong suitor by a mile.

Skins watchiing the DJ Hackett market, and with WRs drying up it will be interesting to see if they make a play in the next 48 hours should he still be sitting there.

I still think the trade market could be their MO at some point. Jason Taylor would be a name to watch, no doubt.

Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Cheers.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

I for one one see this as a postive, Didn't need Lance Briggs. Glad there sticking to there plan, what ever's left after the gold rush they'll make them a offer if it benefits the team, otherwise the draft is up next.

poor little J-La doesn't get it.

the redskins didn't want to overpay for guys on the FA market,but all of the sudden were ready to wheel and deal draft picks and hand out barrells of cash to guys who will cost both DRAFT PICKS AND MONEY? afterall players that get traded normally get hefty new contracts after

so why the hell would we skip FA(McDonalds) and go to trades (100 dollars a steak steakhouse)?

I would actually believe that the Skins allow Rosenhaus and other agents to throw our name around and then sometimes it blows up in their face like tonight. An agent says it was between two teams to make the player sound better and because he had one team negotiating against itself.

Because our name gets thrown around a lot.

I also shudder to think what kind of money DJ Hackett would get after the Berrian deal.

Me likey, me LIKEY! We aren't getting wrapped up in this nonsense of dishing out millions of dollars for mediocre players. And people laughed at us for the deals we signed to Randle El and Andre Carter :laugh:

Jason Taylor has been an excellent player during his career. However, I don't really want him here, or see how he'd help the team, except just become another Bruce Smith-type player.

Height: 6-6

Weight: 255

He's too small to be opposite Andre Carter (6-4, 252). Will be overpriced for what he'd offer us.

I also shudder to think what kind of money DJ Hackett would get after the Berrian deal.

Part of the problem with waiting until the "gold rush" is over to sign players like we've done is the markets public. If we make a play for Hackett because of the other deals already signed its going to cost us a bundle and I'm not sure a player who played 5 games last year because of injuries is worth a lot of money.

Jason Taylor for the right price would be ok in my book. The guy is still producing at a ProBowl level.

I'd like JT on the team as well, but not for what Profootball talk was saying the Packers offers:

"We reported earlier in the day that rumors of a trade that would send Fins defensive end Jason Taylor to the Packers for a second- and fourth-round pick in the 2008 draft are premature"

I know that PFT is gettings a lot wrong right now but if the Dolphins expect two draft picks for JT then I hope we pass

I for one one see this as a postive, Didn't need Lance Briggs. Glad there sticking to there plan, what ever's left after the gold rush they'll make them a offer if it benefits the team, otherwise the draft is up next.
actually one more young LB wouldn't hurt.

Washington is 30, Godfrey is 34, Fletcher is 32

i'm not sold on Campbell - 28, or Sinclair - 25...

H.B. Blades - 23, though i have a good feeling about.

So if we were to get Briggs it would be...

Briggs 27, Washington 30, and Blades at 23

Did you read my earlier post? I already answered that question.

i wouldn't trade any picks for a 33 year old.

Thats why we haven't had hardly any picks for the last few years...over paying for old guys that will only be here 1-3 years max.

Then the overpaying hits us in the cap which is why we are "staying quiet" in the FA this year....cause theres no cap room to sign any FA

Let's just have a quiet offseason and let Zorn see what he can do. We have to address needs in the draft and I would be quite content if we basically did that. The Skins are going to be an unknown this year, there will be a lot of changes that have nothing to do with player acquisition, so ride it out. Maybe the FO isn't 100% sure who or what they want until they see what we have.

Archived