Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC - Still Very Quiet 11pm

@DCGoldPants

Sounds way far fetched. WR, OL and DL are needs... and the need includes youth at those positions... Especially on the lines.

bingo. add in LB and CB as well.

so how does the team improve NEXT season...when it is resource limited?

answer....it doesn't. it signs a low priced FA or two who is competent but not a threat other teams gameplan to. it moves to the draft where the team may prosper in the long run, but there is no chance it uncovers multiple starters in their first season.

nest season: transition to youth; better depth; still relying on too many aging players; significant injury holes to fill while recovery is underway; new system; new coach learning the ropes; QBs learning new system....all spells 8-8 (if lucky) to me.....

actually one more young LB wouldn't hurt.

Washington is 30, Godfrey is 34, Fletcher is 32

i'm not sold on Campbell - 28, or Sinclair - 25...

H.B. Blades - 23, though i have a good feeling about.

So if we were to get Briggs it would be...

Briggs 27, Washington 30, and Blades at 23

Are you leaving out Rocky because he's probably out for a while? Also, they're grooming Blades to play MLB, I'm pretty sure. Same body as Fletcher.

I for one one see this as a postive, Didn't need Lance Briggs. Glad there sticking to there plan, what ever's left after the gold rush they'll make them a offer if it benefits the team, otherwise the draft is up next.

it's also gonna save us a lot of money.

The people going in the first couple of days are at a premium... once they get weeded out, if there is anything left, it will be a lot lest costly because they will want to play

but there is no chance it uncovers multiple starters in their first season.

I don't disagree with your assessment, but I find this statement a little too concrete. I'd say with picks in the first three rounds, there is a decent chance that the 'Skins will find two starters there.

Dolphins executive vice president of football operations Bill Parcells told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that defensive end Jason Taylor will be playing for Miami in 2008 unless he chooses to retire, contrary to a published report.

Yahoo Sports reported Saturday night that Taylor, an 11-year veteran who has played all of his 172 career games for the Dolphins, would be parting ways with Miami this offseason before the NFL draft this April.

"This latest report is just another example of journalistic irresponsibility," Parcells told Mortensen.

Taylor, a six-time Pro Bowler who was the NFL's defensive player of the year in 2006, had 11 sacks last season for the woeful Dolphins.

In 2007, Miami suffered through a 1-15 season. They hired Parcells to run their football operations in December

Are you leaving out Rocky because he's probably out for a while? Also, they're grooming Blades to play MLB, I'm pretty sure. Same body as Fletcher.
no i was thinking he was the one that wouldn't be ready for the season, just now i realized that Rogers was the one that might not be ready.

Also i was pretty buzzed when i posted that lol

As good of a player J.Taylor is, hes almost in his mid 30's. If we trade for him, he will be gone in 3 years and then what do we have to show for those draft picks? Instead if we draft a good DE with that pick, 3 years from now he will be hitting his prime.

The Seattle Seahawks have terminated the contract of reserve offensive lineman Tom Ashworth. Ashworth signed as a free agent before the 2006 season but never consistently found a spot in the Seahawks' starting lineup. Ashworth played in 29 games in his two seasons, starting six. -- Associated Press

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story;jsessionid=103CA328BB14016A247CBE31714A6C7D?id=09000d5d806f9041&template=without-video&confirm=true

I think this would be a solid signing if the Skins decided to bring him in. He is still fairly young at 30, and knows Zorns offense. I don't know if he ever has played guard. He is listed as a tackle. Plus he would probably come very cheap.

Posted at 11:10 PM ET, 03/ 1/2008

I still think the trade market could be their MO at some point. Jason Taylor would be a name to watch, no doubt.

Well, this report confirms 2 things for me: 1) the 'Skins probably won't trade for anybody and 2) Jason Taylor is not on the radar.

Why, you ask? Because every single thing that JLC has reported that hasn't been in a Redskins Press release has not come true. His batting average is actually worse than the weathermen.

And btw, Vinny was on Redskins radio and was pretty clear that they are looking for a pass rushing DT, not a DE. He gave statistics about getting 10+ sacks from both sides of the line, but not enough up the middle.

The Seattle Seahawks have terminated the contract of reserve offensive lineman Tom Ashworth. Ashworth signed as a free agent before the 2006 season but never consistently found a spot in the Seahawks' starting lineup. Ashworth played in 29 games in his two seasons, starting six. -- Associated Press

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story;jsessionid=103CA328BB14016A247CBE31714A6C7D?id=09000d5d806f9041&template=without-video&confirm=true

I think this would be a solid signing if the Skins decided to bring him in. He is still fairly young at 30, and knows Zorns offense. I don't know if he ever has played guard. He is listed as a tackle. Plus he would probably come very cheap.

Ashworth can play any of 4 positions on the line. He's be an excellent pick-up if cheap, imo.

Posted at 11:10 PM ET, 03/ 1/2008

Still Very Quiet

Despite reports to the contrary, multiple sources say the Skins did not make any real push for Lance Briggs; in fact, Chicago was his strong suitor by a mile.

Skins watchiing the DJ Hackett market, and with WRs drying up it will be interesting to see if they make a play in the next 48 hours should he still be sitting there.

I still think the trade market could be their MO at some point. Jason Taylor would be a name to watch, no doubt.

Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Cheers.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Someone please tell JLC he can began his updates after this year's draft. The man will strave waiting for a hot tip from Redskin park. Go to bed, JLC!

Archived