Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pacman Seeking Trade

2006Skins

http://e-paper.nashvillecitypaper.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=CityPaperD&BaseHref=TCP/2008/02/28&PageLabel=19&EntityId=Ar03501&ViewMode=HTML&FontSize=g1

Titans give Pacman OK to seek trade

BY TERRYMCCORMICK

Suspended cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones has been given permission by the Tennessee Titans to pursue a trade, The City Paper has learned.

A league source from one team Jones’ representatives approached at the NFL Combine last weekend confirmed that they had been asked about their interest level in acquiring the cornerback. That team, however, currently has no interest in pursuing Jones.

The level of interest from any other teams that might be interested in Jones is not known at this time. But by granting the request, it signals that Jones’ days with the Titans are likely over.

Jones’ agent and attorney Manny Arora would not confirm what the source indicated.

“The Titans have publicly stated that they are looking at all their options concerning Adam Jones,” Arora said. “If and when the Titans make a final decision, we will test the market on Adam’s behalf.”

Jones has been suspended since last April 10, but would not necessarily have to be reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell before a trade could be finalized, according to the league office.

“A suspended player can be traded like any other player under contract. (The team is trading the contract, in essence.) The trading period for this year begins on Friday,” league spokesman Greg Aiello said in an email.

The Titans had no comment Wednesday evening, but have consistently deferred to the NFL regarding Jones’ status throughout the suspension. They last issued a statement on Jan. 31 that read in part, “we did inform his representation that, at some point, we would investigate all of our options. We will not comment otherwise until the suspension has ended and we have reached conclusions about his future with the club.”

Jones last week had the review of his case by Goodell and the commissioner extended the suspension until sometime before the opening of training camp. He was also barred from the Titans’ facility again as part of last week’s ruling. That banishment could coincide with the decision to grant permission for Jones to explore trade opportunities.

Wouldn't count on much interest for Pacman from too many teams. There's already a big character push from teams in the league right now. That being said, I think Washington would be one of the few good fits for him. I don't think it would happen though.

Eh. I don't think the strip clubs in D.C. are going to be good enough for his tastes. Besides, the strippers I know in town would kick his ass if he tried punching them in the face.

Plus TNA Wrestling doesn't come to this area. :doh:

The man has no character and no class. Frankly, I'd rather not give Zorn a massive headache when he really doesn't need one. Let him pull his **** with Bill Parcells or Belichick.

This guy is absolutely awful. Not only is he a bad guy, but he is a complete retard. Actually, that comparison is unfair to the mentally retarded. I would never under any circumstances ever at all never want him on the Redskins. he's been arrested 6 times since he was drafted???? How does that happen? How do you have time to get arrested that many times in two years??? Reading the things he says in this article makes me, an otherwise completely disintrested bystander, absolutely despise him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3281503

"'It is hard watching the whole season go by when you know that you are better than 90 percent of the people that's out there,' Jones said." Your undeserved arrogance Pacman is both ridiculous and disgusting. I don't think he understands that he did anything wrong.

When asked about his fondness for strip clubs, he responded, "'I've got a [stripper's] pole in my house now.' His agent, who was in the studio with Jones, said his client was kidding." The fact that he is joking about his questionable decisions that lost him his job for a year tells me has not learned anything. He is as dumb as a rock.

And then finally, as if that weren't reason enough to dislike him, he said this, "I would love to play for the Cowboys, America's team.'' He is lost.

Archived