Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How bout' a trade instead of a signing

SkinsAllDay34

On Feb. 29 Free Agency begins but it also opens up the trading between teams. Now there are trades out there that could interest the redskins.

You have heard them before:

Chad Johnson WR Bengals

Roy Williams WR Lions

others may include

Marcus Stroud DT Jaguars

Shaun Rogers DT Lions

I personally think instead of making a first day signing the redskins will make a splash trade. Vinny says they wont be big players in Free Agency, which they probably wont be but he never said they wont trade.

Remember two years ago we traded for B. Lloyd around this time, and that didnt work out but I think they are going to make a big trade early on this weekend.

Thoughts....

Remember two years ago we traded for B. Lloyd around this time, and that didnt work out but I think they are going to make a big trade early on this weekend.

Thoughts....

I think that's exactly why they're NOT making any trades this weekend. I think we should all hope that they've learned their lesson about pissing away draft picks on players who turn out being busts.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another quiet FA period just like last season. Keep those picks Zorn!!!!

other than Vilma I don't see a lot of premium players available through trade that are in their primes. you can add Hall to that list if you don't think he is a bit overrated.

but these other names: Shaun Rogers, Corey Williams, Dwayne Robertson, etc.

are these players really worth that much in terms of future picks? :)

the Redskins can do better by keeping their #1 and #2 picks and making the selections themselves :D

I'm not opposed to a trade but if we're giving up draft picks, I'd prefer it be a major upgrade and definitley for someone who will be a starter. Draft picks are younger and cheaper but with a potential uncapped year coming up, it wouldn't surprise me to see our FO throw a little caution to the wind.

I'm a little wary of Shaun Rogers but I'd welcome the other three you mentioned. If he could grow up a bit, I think Deangelo Hall would be a great acquisition as well, for the right price.

IMO Roy Williams is easier to get with a 2nd then CJ who would be harder to get and the Benglas would demand more.

But I would rather have Ocho Cinco because he has been extremely consistant with his numbers. Redskins said they want a stud number one receiver and have interest in Johnson and thats why I made this thread because stud receivers are out there but trade is the only option to get one of them.

The only person I'd trade for out of the recent additions to FA is Stroud but I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd for him. He's a helluva DT.

I think they're looking for a 2nd for him, BUT I'd be ok with us giving a 3rd this year, and a conditional draft pick for next year. 3rd or 4th in 2009 as well, based on playing time, and stats while playing. That dude is a BEAST, however he will be 30 by the start of next season (Jacksonville's website says 30 now, but his DOB is 6/25/1978). We need youth, and not sure that will help out in long term. Maybe he can replace Griffin, but not sure what cap ramifications we will face there. And I don't have the figures on what Stroud's contract is over next couple years either. May not be as good as it seems on the cover, it appears that we would gain a lot, but at what cost?

I'd love to have corey williams. a 2nd is a Bit Pricey though.

Williams is probably the only DT I personally would be ok trading a 2nd for. Could be a good pickup for a passrushing dt for a pick we were already going to use for the same position.

That being said, this nonsense that GB wants 2 picks for him is a bit much.

I keep hearing a lot of talk about trading for a DT. The 'Skins have two young guns at the DT position, so I honestly wouldn't be one to give up a 2nd round pick for a DT who is 5 years older than the guys already there. Monty and Golston will both have another year under their belts and will be ready to step up their games even further this season.

However, if the 'Skins could pick up either Johnson or Williams for a second, I would be all for that. Getting a proven, prime time wideout with a second round pick would be huge, especially with the 'Skins recent inability to draft quality wideouts. By recent, I mean the last, oh, 15-20 years.

Now, if the 'Skins would rather draft a big wide out in the 2nd or 3rd, fine. They will be cheaper than either Johnson or Williams, by far. But what will the production look like?

I'd love to see DE with the first round pick, CB with the second, OL with the third and sixth, DL depth with the 5th and then a clipboard easel with the 7th.

We've been drafting too well recently and theirs players like Trevor Law possibly available for a second.

I have too much belief in Scott Campbell/Vinny Cerrato making it 3 great drafts in a row.

Go with the flow, if it ain't broke etc etc

It depends on who we trade for(obviously). Trading away draft picks is fine with me, as long as we trade them away for young guys who will be around for a long time, and had already decided to draft that position anyhow. If we trade them away for older guys that only give us a couple years, then thats a total waste of a draft pick.

Smart teams build their teams in the draft, and use FA to fill in spots. Idiots waste draft picks and over spend for FA that don't fit systems. (namely us)

Keep our draft picks, say no to the temptation of whining players that want to get out of their situations.

Archived