Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bleacher Report: Brandon Lloyd: Redskins' Problematic Expense(M.E.T.)

SkinFan63

Via "Bleacher Report."

Prior to the 2006 season, the Redskins gave up two mid-round draft picks and $10 million to obtain Brandon Lloyd from the 49ers. But the team received little in return: 25 catches for 379 yards and zero TDs, plus an attitude that has ranged ever so widely from lackadaisical to nonchalant.

So what should the Redskins do with him? Here are the options and the ramifications of each (all salary cap data courtesy of PC’s Redskins Salary Cap site):

One: Cut him now

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/10451-NFL-Washington_Redskins-Lloyd_an_expensive_problem-210208

That's 2010 and it's not going to happen.
Well Espn said it not me.

The very real possibility that NFL owners' date=' who feel the league's latest extension to the collective bargaining agreement has become too one-sided, will exercise their option to terminate the agreement in November is far more critical. Such a maneuver would lead to an [b']uncapped season in 2009,[/b] with Upshaw saying that, once the salary cap genie has escaped the bottle, it won't be captured again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=3226214

Find me a few pictures like this with him in a Redskins uniform and I'll agree. But I warn you, you'll be digging hard.

Opportunities were few and far between, but at least he seems to be contributing here, lol.

PH2006123001101.jpg

Just let the dude play, everyone deserves a second chance. So he didn't give it his all during the INT versus Miami. I mean Moss took himself out of a game he was tagged a quitter by some.

Brandon was put in the mix of a run first team with Moss and Cooley getting majority of the balls. With the new staff, system and direction, I believe he should be given a chance to prove his worth.

He will not give back his signing bonus or whatever and why should he.

I don't agree with how we acquired him, but the fact remains is we did and it's history. Either take your lumps and cut him or give him the "new" opportunity.

Option Four: Give him a shot at earning a roster spot.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: OK I will stop laughing now my ribs are starting to hurt!

I would cut him after June 1st. Because that would not be in the best interest of the player. Payback are a biatch.

OK now I am serious - Option 4 - you made your bed and now you must lie in it. Heck he might just redeem himself in the wake of the WCO.

Opportunities were few and far between, but at least he seems to be contributing here, lol.

PH2006123001101.jpg

Brandon was put in the mix of a run first team with Moss and Cooley getting majority of the balls. With the new staff, system and direction, I believe he should be given a chance to prove his worth.

Lol, I that's actually a cool picture (though I don't exactly know what's going on in it). I was just giving you a hard time though ;). I understand that he hasn't been looked at often by the QBs nor has he really been given a fair chance under the Gibbs' staff.

I actually don't know why people bring up his music hobby. People just hate for the sake of hating. I won't specify on the Presidential primaries but that's another example of hating for the sake of hating...

Honestly, I'd love for the guy to pan out. People keep talking about how we need a true number two receiver. We need a big receiver to go over the middle and catch balls in the red zone... but I think we have two potential number twos (Caldwell and Lloyd [if Lloyd proves he's still a gamer]). So I wouldn't mind competition between those two (though I think Caldwell would win). The big receiver people want? Mix? Unlikely... Draft? FA?

I actually don't know why people bring up his music hobby.

Because by all accounts, he sucks at it. And it's something that he seems to focus on more than performing on the field, which cost the Redskins a shiney penny.

Most hardcore fans around here are in tune with salaries and bonuses, and to most of us Lloyd has worn out his welcome.

He seems to spend more time playing Halo 3 and rapping than he does trying to get in sync with the team and get in good graces with the coaching staff so he can actually help the Redskins win on Sunday.

He certainly has the talent to give the team 40 catches and 5 TDs per year. If he had done that two years in a row we wouldn't be having this conversation. Problem is, he's caught three passes and no touchdowns in two seasons, :laugh:.

PH2006123001101.jpg

Is that him actually making a catch or is he celebrating or is he just picking up a ball from the turf? Just wondering.

My favorite catch from him was his very first one in the preseason game versus the Bengals. Everyone in ExtremeSkins thought Brandon Lloyd was gonna have a monster year after he made that diving catch from Brunell... Little did we know...

Archived