Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kanye's Glow in the Dark Tour

skinsfan07

GITD.jpg

Anyone going to any of the concerts?

I personally can't wait for it. It's gonna be featuring Lupe Fiasco, N.E.R.D. and Rihanna.

It's comin to Charlotte May 8th and I'm excited as hell. As soon as tix go on sale, I will be picking them up.

He's going to be at the Nissan Pavilion in DC on May 10th for those who wanna know.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.6394/title.kanye-west-releases-glow-in-the-dark-tour-dates

• 2 months later...
I can't WAIT til Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so ready for this concert.

I'm going to tell you right now- make damn sure you're in your seat on time.

I just saw it in Atlanta on Sunday night. Show time was listed at 7:30, we left our place at 6:30 for the newly scheduled arena about 25 minutes outside of ATL (it was supposed to be downtown where we were but those tornadoes awhile ago changed that), got stuck in really bad traffic heading there, and came in as Lupe was closing his set as the opener :mad:.

Why Lupe opened instead of Rihanna, the world may never know. N.E.R.D. came on after him and even by that point the arena was still only about 80% full due to people still getting there through traffic. So this concert is very much on a tight schedule- you wanna see Lupe (if he's opening), get there ASAP.

Kanye was straight baller though, holy cow, I don't recall ever seeing a more entertaining solo act. Completely tore it up and had the crowd absolutely pumped and hanging on every line his entire set. In the middle of the floor on the lighting/sound stage was T.I., Chris Brown, Bow Wow, Mary J. Blige, Quincy Jones, Lupe, and Jermaine Dupri to watch Kanye's set. His best songs were "Stronger," "Good Life," "Hey Mama," and "Flashing Lights," mostly his big singles, but he also absolutely KILLED "I Wonder."

I will say though, we were hoping they'd do a song or two as CRS, since Pharrell and Lupe are obviously both there, but no dice. I'm pretty sure the CRS project is dead at this point.

This also probably comes as no surprise, but Rihanna is smokin' hot. And a good entertainer.

A couple pics I took from it (we had pretty good seats), but I had to be careful because they were VERY strict on a no cameras allowed policy. Pharrell actually spotted a guy in the front row during N.E.R.D.'s set and called him out to security and got him kicked out right in the middle of "Lapdance" because he took a picture.

All in all, two thumps way up from me for the whole thing though, great, great show.

stronger1nz8.jpg

iwonderql1.jpg

yep. definitely

I was there last night at the show at Nissan Pavilion. I was mainly looking forward to Lupe Fiasco because I am such a huge fan. I got there ahead of time and caught his whole set. He did great. Nikki Jean was there to do Hip Hop just saved my life and Matthew Santos was there to do superstar, fighters, and he sang for Streets are on Fire.

N.E.R.D. had a pretty damn entertaining set too. They had the crowd going and jumping up and down. it was pretty crazy.

Rihanna was..ehh iunno dont like her music that much soo whatever.

Kanye did pretty damn well though. He put on a show. It was almost like watching a play with really cool music. He had a lot of energy.

I was hoping for some CRS too, but yeahhh no dice.

The highlight was at the end, Kanye finished the night with Touch the Sky in which Fiasco came back out to do his verse. It was insane

So if they are coming around to your town, dont miss it. It was a damn good show.

Best concert I've ever been too.

Lupe was amazing, He opened up at like 7:05 so I made sure I was there before hand. he's my fav artists so I loved all the songs he did. NERD was kickass!!!! Really hyped up the crowd, brought people onto the stage and **** and it was awesome. Rihanna was average. lol people put up their umbrellas and whatnot when she started singing that song. And of course Kanye made the concert the best!!!!! It was an overall fantastic concert!

I went on Thursday the 8th and loved it.

Archived