Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shaun Rogers to the Broncos

Hitman#21

The Rocky Mountain News reports that the Lions are close to agreeing to trade DT Shaun Rogers to Denver. A deal couldn't be official until Friday.

The terms are unclear, but this is typical high-risk, high-reward Mike Shanahan move. We think it's worth it. Rogers' effort and conditioning are suspect, but he's a Pro Bowl quality defensive tackle in his prime. Denver is desperate for some help upfront and Rogers is a quick fix. Its uncertain if he'll get new money as part of the deal.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/feb/25/broncos-closing-in-on-lions-rogers/

Denver is basically anti-NY in terms of building their defensive line. Rather then gathering young talent through the draft over a few years, Denver's been bringing in a bunch of old guys. Although Shaun Rogers might be the best guy they have brought in, in comparison to say:

- Gerrard Warren

- Courtney Brown

- Sam Adams

- Simeon Rice

Although granted, Shaun Rogers can't stay on the field due to lack of conditioning.

Denver is a text book example of how not to build a defense.

Two great CB's and no DL equates to a horrible defense.

I hope that some of those posters that are of a CB first mindset read this.

I hope they are to.

And this good be a great trade for Denver depening on what they are givin up.

They do draft, just not well. Their first 3 or 4 picks last season were all defensive linemen and all but one are bums.

I think last season was the first season they truely addressed the d-line in the draft and the only one that has had an effect is Dumerville. You're right about most of them being bums along with the veteran's the acquired.

Archived