Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm heading to San Diego for a few days.

coldpacker

ES Breatheren,

I'm headed to the west coast for a few days this coming mid March. Anything in parcular worth doing or going?

I've never been there before. =( and all i can find on google is cruise crap which doesn't help.

I've always wondered, are you related to PokerPacker ?

I was just there for a conference. It was cool and rainy, surprisingly. I didn't have much time to sightsee, but there were some nice restaurants in Little Italy downtown, and the tour of the USS Midway looked pretty cool. I'd also highly recommend the fish market restaurant down on the waterfront - amazing oyster bar and great setting.

I'm sure you'll get better advice from locals than I can give you.

alright well i live here.

go to Ocean Beach for a good time. Hit up the bars on Newport Ave

go to Pacific Beach and hit up Garnet Ave for good party bars.

got to Gas Lamp for a good time.

If you like steaks there is a place called The Strip Club. They give you whatever steak you want raw and all the spices you want and your table has its own grill where you cook it.

The Yard House is a great place that has over 125 beers on tap and great food.

If you want to go to a real upscale and swanky place there is The Marine Room in Del Mar

You can go to the zoo.

Sea World

Wild Animal Park

The Midway Carrier is a museum on the water.

Hit up Seaport Village (highly reccomend)

Go to Coronado and see the Hotel Del Coronado

Old Town has The Whaley House which is a verified haunted house (was on discovery channel) and they give out tours. Plus lots of nice resturaunts there.

Belmont Park has a great old wooden roller coaster down at Mission Beach

Im probably forgetting alot of things so if you need ANY infor just PM me. Im down to help

If you like sports, I would take a tour of Petco Park, I did last winter and it was gorgeous, you get to go in the dugout and press box and everything.

Also, Old Town isn't a whole lot of fun but there is some cool stuff to see and a lot of stores, so don't bring the wife or you're gonna be spendin' some dough.

And just remember, if you realize that you're too bored in SD, Tijuana is just a few minutes down the road ;)

If you like sports, I would take a tour of Petco Park, I did last winter and it was gorgeous, you get to go in the dugout and press box and everything.

Also, Old Town isn't a whole lot of fun but there is some cool stuff to see and a lot of stores, so don't bring the wife or you're gonna be spendin' some dough.

And just remember, if you realize that you're too bored in SD, Tijuana is just a few minutes down the road ;)

do NOT go to TJ if you dont know your way around there and do NOT go to TJ alone period. I dont even like to go down there when the sun is up let alone when the sun sets..

Im sorry, may just be me but i had teh worst time in the Gas Lamp District. We stayed there, and really all i saw was a bunch of homeless people. Everything was overpriced, and the hotel we were in sucked ass.

the gaslamp is a great place to make a plan to go to in the evening and do dinner/partying.

you shouldnt ever stay downtown wherever you go though unless you plan to pay top dollar.

do NOT go to TJ if you dont know your way around there and do NOT go to TJ alone period. I dont even like to go down there when the sun is up let alone when the sun sets..

:laugh: give him a tour of Logan,Stockton ect. instead ;)

Personally I liked the beaches and Bars...never made the Yardhouse yet

Was there last winter. My aunt and uncle have a condo right by the Gaslamp District, overlooking Petco. The Zoo is sweet, but get there early, because the crowds get nuts after about 11. Tijuana was really cool, but I was with my family, so we just stuck to Revolution Square. It's pretty safe, if a little tame. Still cool to experience it. Gaslamp District has some cool shops, good restaurants. I would have liked to have checked out SeaWorld and the naval base, but I was only there for a couple of days.

saying that you can get good mexican food in san diego is funny to me. there is a mexican joint on every corner. they are like starbucks out here.

fish tacos are the **** out here too!!

Except that the worst Mexican food place there is still 110% better than the best place here. Don't forget to add in that part.

Mexican food in Cali is the best.

Except that the worst Mexican food place there is still 110% better than the best place here. Don't forget to add in that part.

Mexican food in Cali is the best.

Meh. It's good, but I've had better here in Gainesville than anywhere in SD the few times I've been. Unless you count Tijuana as part of the SD area, in which case it's on par. Illegal immigrant cooks FTW.

Meh. It's good, but I've had better here in Gainesville than anywhere in SD the few times I've been. Unless you count Tijuana as part of the SD area, in which case it's on par. Illegal immigrant cooks FTW.

I lived in CA longer than you have been alive.

Trust me when I say, your clueless on this topic.

I lived in CA longer than you have been alive.

Trust me when I say, your clueless on this topic.

Not saying it's fact, but there's only but so good Mexican food can be, and trust me when I say, I never had anything in San Diego as good as in Mexico, but I have in Gainesville. Could just be I went to the wrong places, but if it's as good here as it is in Mexico, it certainly can't be worse than Cali.

Archived