Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm heading to San Diego for a few days.

coldpacker

Depends who you are coming with (wife, kids, or just a buddy).

OB for dive bars and a local feel (thats where the Skins bar and I live)

PB if you like Spring Break year round

Mission Beach for something in the middle (and it just happens to be in between them)

Downtown (Gaslamp) if you more into places with lines, covers, and dress codes. I think they call those clubs.

La Jolla if, well, I never really understood the deal with La Jolla. The seals there are cool. And Mt. Soladad is a great lookout spot. You can see all of SD and down into Mexico on a clear day

I personally like the Wild Animal Park better than the zoo. It is 40mins. north of San Diego. It is a good zoo though.

Seaworld is Seaworld

Old Town is really cool if you are into history and trying to see what life used to be like. It was the first established city in California. That is where the best Mexican food is.

Make sure you eat burritos. Namely Breakfast burritos and California's (Steak, Fries, Cheese, Salsa, and either Guac or sour cream)

If you are there on an early Friday night the Skins bar has free to cheap Stand-up comedy. On Sundays they have the best karaoke in the universe.

If you need any more info feel free to PM Big Mike :laugh:

Meh. It's good, but I've had better here in Gainesville than anywhere in SD the few times I've been. Unless you count Tijuana as part of the SD area, in which case it's on par. Illegal immigrant cooks FTW.
I lived in CA longer than you have been alive.

Trust me when I say, your clueless on this topic.

I've found it is really a matter of taste. Mexico is a big country. Their food varies. The East coast has more immigrants from mainland Mexico and we have more from Baja California. I think our respective Mexican foods reflect that. I personally miss East coast Mexican food. They use a white cheese out there that is incredible that you can not find out here. They also use ground beef instead of shredded beef. Also corn tortillas are more prevalent out here where flour is out East. The one thing that is hands down better out here without question is the burritos. From some reason it is impossible to get good burritos on the East coast.

I've found it is really a matter of taste. Mexico is a big country. Their food varies. The East coast has more immigrants from mainland Mexico and we have more from Baja California. I think our respective Mexican foods reflect that. I personally miss East coast Mexican food. They use a white cheese out there that is incredible that you can not find out here. They also use ground beef instead of shredded beef. Also corn tortillas are more prevalent out here where flour is out East. The one thing that is hands down better out here without question is the burritos. From some reason it is impossible to get good burritos on the East coast.

Exactly. Flour tortillas and white cheese rock my world.

The San Diego Zoo should be one of your stops. Its huge so budget at least 4 hours. Make sure to get a churro while your there, apparently teh Zoo has the best ones in town. Oh and sont stand in line to see the Panda, those ****s just sit in a tree all day and dont move.

If your a military buff, there are tons of Navy things to see like battleships and museums.

I'm waiting for someone to recomment In Cahoots! :laugh:

Seriously, eat as much mexican food as possible. Try to hit Pacific Beach, Mission Beach, and Ocean Beach for bars.

If you want good breakfast, Kono's in PB is worth the line.

a great brunch on Sundays in PB is the Broken Yolk. 6 dollar bottles of champagne!!

Incahoots is still a good time too. they have dodgeball tournaments on Tuesday nights and the drink specials are great. But ima redneck so I like the atmosphere too..

The San Diego Zoo should be one of your stops. Its huge so budget at least 4 hours. Make sure to get a churro while your there, apparently teh Zoo has the best ones in town. Oh and sont stand in line to see the Panda, those ****s just sit in a tree all day and dont move.

If your a military buff, there are tons of Navy things to see like battleships and museums.

:laugh:

I was going to say the same thing about the panda, but I didn't want to crush anyone's dreams. I didn't even bother waiting in line, because any other person I've ever talked to has a similar story: 2-3 hour wait in the blistering sun, at best the panda will be taking a crap or eating a branch. My roommate went a couple of years before I did, waited for 3 hours, and the panda wasn't even there. It was behind a curtain with a zoo employee doing something.

I just got back from there recently. I went to breakfast at a place called "The Big Kitchen", then over to the Hotel Del Coronado which is a fantastic place to visit (but to expensive to stay at).

Coronado is the most expensive place to live or stay in SD.

The Big Kitchen is a good reccomendation!!

The Field is a good pub with good grub. Petco rocks so go to a ball game if you can for sure. They have surprisingly good food at the park too, the chowder in a sourdough bowl was excellent. Check out a place called Humphrey's that's around the bay they have live music during the summer every night and some of the acts are pretty good. You can do a dinner and concert for not too much and it's really neat a place. You can fish off Pt. Loma which is close and a day trip won't be over a 100.

I love San Diego I always have a great time there. Have fun!

Dick's Last Resort. It is a chain.

Man I'm glad you knew that, it was killing me lol

I know it's a chain, there nearest one to me is Cleveland I think which sucks.

But I had a blast when I went there, it was a gorgeous day and we sat outside and what not. The waiter came with a bunch of cups that I thought were full and it turned out the son of a ***** never filled em.....I'll get that waiter.

The Field is a good pub with good grub. Petco rocks so go to a ball game if you can for sure. They have surprisingly good food at the park too, the chowder in a sourdough bowl was excellent. Check out a place called Humphrey's that's around the bay they have live music during the summer every night and some of the acts are pretty good. You can do a dinner and concert for not too much and it's really neat a place. You can fish off Pt. Loma which is close and a day trip won't be over a 100.

I love San Diego I always have a great time there. Have fun!

i did all the remodeling of The Field and helped build the stage thats there now.

fun place..

Id pretty much agree with mike for nightlife....PB, OB or Gaslamp depending on your speed. PB is 20-30s, OB has its own style, Gaslamp is highpost.

I'd also throw in LaJolla cove & Delmar with Coronado for nice spots to check out during the day...if you have access to a car, great hikes in the desert about 40mins east in Cleveland Park. Also, if you arent carrying a passport, DONT go to TJ...you now need one to get back.

For good mex....go with any spot that ends with "-bertos"

Man I'm glad you knew that, it was killing me lol

I know it's a chain, there nearest one to me is Cleveland I think which sucks.

But I had a blast when I went there, it was a gorgeous day and we sat outside and what not. The waiter came with a bunch of cups that I thought were full and it turned out the son of a ***** never filled em.....I'll get that waiter.

my first time at dick's i had no idea what the "theme" was so when the waitress came up to me and asked me if i was ready i said:

"No not yet"

"Well how about you figure it out and get back to me"

"what the **** did you just say to me? Are you ****ing kidding me?"

I went off on her and all of my friends are busting up laughing. she goes:

"Uhh this is Dick's...im being a dick!!"

:(

Archived