Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network Jim Zorn Int by Mooch (Merged--M.E.T.)

xX2PORTIS6Xx

Came off very well to camera. Very open and quick and sincere. Great personality.

Didn't see it, but sounds like Zorn is saying all the things I want to hear. Is he getting more polished?

I especially like that he is developing a system to our talent rather than forcing a rigid system on the team just for....just for...IDK why GW & JG were like that.

You mean...you can actually adapt your offense to fit your personnel? I'm flabbergasted! After watching our team for the last 4 years I was pretty sure it just couldn't be done. I had heard of it before, and had seen some fuzzy, out-of-focus pictures, but I figured that just like Bigfoot, that's all there was to the story. I'm looking forward to having my sense of reality turned upside down.

Didn't see it, but sounds like Zorn is saying all the things I want to hear. Is he getting more polished?

I especially like that he is developing a system to our talent rather than forcing a rigid system on the team just for....just for...IDK why GW & JG were like that.

Not more polished, maybe. DC will be different so I'm wait and see. He's long had the same basic media presence you see now. Very open but if he reamins the same, you will find that he will also be just as open and frank about stuff with which he's fed up, but I don't remember seeing him just trash anyone. I have seen him be very no-nonsense.

This is a different level of media he facing now though guys so I don't wanna sound like I'm trying to be prescient, I'm just sharing what I've seen over the years best I can.

I though it was ineteresting how he framed the idea of adpating "attachments" to the "pure WCO" (quotes = his words).

What I saw and heard him communicate (I'm big on body language) that he takes from Holmgren is an emphasis of a mindset that you are going to make this system your raison d'être offensively, but you "allow" what "proficiencies" you see in "packages" (groups of players) and individuals to elad you to adding "attachments" that are not really "WCO."

Now if that sounds like I'm just repeating it let me be clear I'm fosucing on the mindset here. It's not "Yeh, I'm WCO but hell, if I see something nifty or get some cool idea we'll try it."

I get the impresion he's very focused and yet once he sees something he's sure of, he will add it regardless of placement with traditional WCO. He's not going to be quick to detour; he has a system he wants to follow with definite procedures, but he will use what is clearly in front of him to win. That's what I'm hearing, anyway.

I watched Zorn for many years including recent ones; seen him up close. He's a nice guy but has a very firm side when needed. Pretty tough as a player. Notably more so than (Dave)Krieg or (Bald) Hasselhoff. We'll see how he does in this atmosphere. But as nice as he is, he's not been any wimpy dude or yes man before. Mike's talked about that locally.

Unfortunately Jumbo, I am concerned the PRESS is going to "eat his lunch" - this was a good interview - kinda got Zorn "out there", but when the going gets rough............don't know.

Gibbs had a way of ignoring - towards the end of his last season, even our infamous "nice" Gibbs was pullin' a Parcells and snappin' at the reporters.

Hope Zorn never has to face that...........but he will; is the show you talk about Mike and Mike in the morning? Not sure Jumbo which Mike's show you reference :D

Don't get me wrong, I ALL for Zorn being successful "here" - I AM MORE for the Redskins being successful - this is Zorn's FIRST run as a HC, and we know what the media loves to do with virgin HC's...............he has never had the spotlight on him all the time - and Mooch was being "kind" to him, we will see

how the rest of the media treats him. ;)

Unfortunately Jumbo' date=' I am concerned the PRESS is going to "eat his lunch" - this was a good interview - kinda got Zorn "out there", but when the going gets rough............don't know.

Gibbs had a way of ignoring - towards the end of his last season, even our infamous "nice" Gibbs was pullin' a Parcells and snappin' at the reporters.

Hope Zorn never has to face that...........but he will; is the show you talk about Mike and Mike in the morning? Not sure Jumbo which Mike's show you reference :D

Don't get me wrong, I ALL for Zorn being successful "here" - I AM MORE for the Redskins being successful - this is Zorn's FIRST run as a HC, and we know what the media loves to do with virgin HC's...............he has never had the spotlight on him all the time - and Mooch was being "kind" to him, we will see

hoe the rest of the media treats him. ;)[/quote']Oh, no, I'm with ya dude. That's why I keep qualifying my comments about him and the press. Soem markets are whole differtn animals and watching Jim in DC should be entertaining, hopefully in a way good for us (fingers crossed). I meant "Mike" Holmgren--I live in WA state, and have spent most of my life in the Pac NW and Alaksa.

I though it was ineteresting how he framed the idea of adpating "attachments" to the "pure WCO" (quotes = his words).

What I saw and heard him communicate (I'm big on body language) that he takes from Holmgren is an emphasis of a mindset that you are going to make this system your raison d'être offensively, but you "allow" what "proficiencies" you see in "packages" (groups of players) and individuals to elad you to adding "attachments" that are not really "WCO."

Now if that sounds like I'm just repeating it let me be clear I'm fosucing on the mindset here. It's not "Yeh, I'm WCO but hell, if I see something nifty or get some cool idea we'll try it."

I get the impresion he's very focused and yet once he sees something he's sure of, he will add it regardless of placement with traditional WCO. He's not going to be quick to detour; he has a system he wants to follow with definite procedures, but he will use what is clearly in front of him to win. That's what I'm hearing, anyway.

I agree, and "boy" am I excited to see those "attachments' to th WCO play out with our staff. We have a great qbie and WR - in my opinion, the best in the NFL :D ; however we need to exploit their talent and I think Zorn can exploit their talent with his "attachments". :cheers:

Zorn looks very uncomfortable

Mooch "what will you take from Seattle (offense)"

Zorn- is talking about how he needs to keep it simple and add to the WCO

Mooch -talking about Jason

Zorn- start with a simple package and expand as Jason gets it.

Mooch- Todd Collins?

Zorn- Wants him back and has talked to him its up to Todd

Mooch- How about playcalling

Zorn- I will call plays will listen to suggestions inbetween plays

Mooch- What are your needs

Zorn- Lost Sean Taylor and shuffling went on we need to address that and we need to address the O line... both lines and CB we also need a big reciever to go along with Randle El and and Santana Moss.

This has already been a thread and in the discussion there, most thought he came off well. You sure came away with a unique take that he looked uncomfortable. :)

Keep in mind that Gibbs is a master with the press. He handles all pressure pretty well and is extremely confident and polished in press conferences and interviews. But his first go around he was boring as can be. I think he polished his media presence at NASCAR.

I've watched Mike McCarthy PC's a few times (wife is a Pack fan) and that dude is impossible to watch. It's fun because he just does everything from a football perspective and his answers are complete X's and O's and go right over the media's head, so often his PC's hardly last a few minutes after a game. Gibbs had the patience and understanding as a sports franchise owner that you have to throw the media a bone since they have a job to do.

Let's not read too much into how Zorn is with the media. He's following a master, he's entering the biggest media market in his life, and frankly the only thing that matters is what he's like with his players and coaches. We hired him to win football games and he seems to know his football and be very confident in where he's going with this team.

Gibbs had the patience and understanding as a sports franchise owner that you have to throw the media a bone since they have a job to do.

But Gibbs never threw anybody a real bone. He threw an 8x10 glossy picture of a bone. A perfect, sweet, god fearing, friendly as can be picture. No meat, gristle, marrow or real bone. That got old to me.

I don't expect Zorn to lay his heart out to the press or tip his hand, but he does come off as being an honest, open guy. I find that refreshing, but that is an extremely difficult personna to maintain when the chips are down and the press won't give you a ****ing moments peace. This will be an intersting year coming up.

Oh, no, I'm with ya dude. That's why I keep qualifying my comments about him and the press. Soem markets are whole differtn animals and watching Jim in DC should be entertaining, hopefully in a way good for us (fingers crossed). I meant "Mike" Holmgren--I live in WA state, and have spent most of my life in the Pac NW and Alaksa.

On purpose? :silly:

Um, I gotta say I'm a bit frightened that this guy, who hasn't called a single play in the NFL, is gonna call all of them for us.

I'd have preferred him to ease himself into that position.

If he makes some bone-headed calls early, it'll be something that'll take a long time to shake.

This has already been a thread and in the discussion there, most thought he came off well. You sure came away with a unique take that he looked uncomfortable. :)

I think I was shooting for akward :whoknows: He and Mooch didn't look comfortable. He was leaning forward and had his shoulders up. He is very Green but that is to be expected.

On purpose? :silly:
After having been everywhere else, yes. ;):D

I like having lots of room and space where people aren't all stacked up, and all the stuff you can do year-round with major mountains, lakes, rivers, forests, oceans, clear skies, clean water, and lots of animals all close by with my city stuff. :cool:

I think I was shooting for akward :whoknows: He and Mooch didn't look comfortable. He was leaning forward and had his shoulders up. He is very Green but that is to be expected.
No biggy, dude, at all. We just saw it somewhat different, apparently. :)

He really isn't really media green, though. He's been on national TV a few times prior to this year, and of course was somewhat used to west coast media centers. As we're saying though, this will be at adifferent level now. Wait till the real heat hits and we'll see how he holds up.

Archived