Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Giants preparing to trade for CB Hall

DWinzit

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

NFL radio just confirmed, citing interest from 7 different teams including the Dallas Cowboys the Giants have upped the offer to a 1st and 3rd pick in exchange for D-Hall.

A great quote from a fellow Hokie on D-Hall

"Whats best for DeAngelo Hall is best for the team"

:laugh:

And seriously Gint fans, I really do not ever disparage former Hokie players. Read all my posts on Michael Vick

D-Hall is up there with Jimmy Williams and Chris Ellis as former Hokies I would never wnat on the Washington Redskins

I hope we don't get too involved in this sweepstakes. Not that I'm opposed to having him, I just don't want to give up the world for him.

There is no reason to

We have a pretty solid locker room as it is. He actually may be able to get absorbed into a locker room that just won a Superbowl

I wouldn't want his ego here.

He is about half as good as he thinks he is, which still makes him a pretty darn good CB

1st and a 3rd I might not do. We have an extra 6th from the Grant trade. I agree that Hall is a little overrated; but lets not forget the Falcons defense he was playing with.

Imagine his athleticism with our D-Line rushing the passer. C'mon, that sounds deadly. He is also younger than Ross and Webster. Sorry, a 31st for a guy that went 8th....this is a no brainer.

For what it is worth here's PFT's two cents:

TRADE FOR HALL WILL BE HARD

Despite reports of talks between the Falcons and the Giants regarding a trade of cornerback DeAngelo Hall to the defending Super Bowl champs, a league source tells us that Hall's contract will make a trade with New York, or any team, a difficult proposition.

Though Hall has said he won't insist on a new contract as part of a trade, no one will be willing to give up a first-round draft pick for a guy who is signed for only one more year.

And with Hall, as we hear it, hoping to make $10 million per year as part of his new deal, the thinking is that no one would be willing to give up that kind of money and a first-round draft pick.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Hall is going to cost at least a 1st rounder. They would then need to negotiate a long term expensive deal.

Wouldn't the Giants be better off attempting to sign the franchised Trufant or Asomugha. I mean both are superior players, are not trouble and might not cost much more. :thud:

Hall is going to cost at least a 1st rounder. They would then need to negotiate a long term expensive deal.

Wouldn't the Giants be better off attempting to sign the franchised Trufant or Asomugha. I mean both are superior players, are not trouble and might not cost much more. :thud:

Well lets see....getting a franchised player costs TWO, not one, TWO, first round picks. So in our world, 2 > 1. So therefore, it would cost more, draft wise there.

Additionally, you still have to sign him to a contract. So there's tons of money as well.

Asomugha is off limits anyway, as he's an "exclusive" franchise. But no, getting some franchised player that costs a contract and TWO first round picks isn't a better deal.

I thought you knew this already :doh:

Well lets see....getting a franchised player costs TWO, not one, TWO, first round picks. So in our world, 2 > 1. So therefore, it would cost more, draft wise there.
I see you haven't been working on your reading comprehension.
Hall is going to cost at least a 1st rounder.
And
Additionally, you still have to sign him to a contract. So there's tons of money as well.
already covered:doh:
They would then need to negotiate a long term expensive deal.
I thought you knew this already :doh:
I have recently come to expect crap answers like this from you. I guess this idea just doesn't sound good
I mean both are superior players, are not trouble and might not cost much more.
There are more teams than just the Giants interested in him. If you're in a bidding war he will absolutely cost more than the last pick in the first round. Earlier articles stated the Giants were most interested in Trufant and Asomugha who are better.

The Ledger reports that the Giants have heavily researched Hall. In addition to his obvious talent, the Giants supposedly like Hall’s passion and enthusiasm for the game.

Somehow, I belive this over the doom and gloom pessimists who have posted in downing D Hall. :)

There is no doubt about his passion for the game. I have never questioned that.

He loves playing football. But he also loves more of DeAngelo Hall

I would hope they spoke to some players in the locker room at Lane Stadium that were there during the fall of 2003 and found out what they think of him

Falcons are willing to let him go to rid themselves of the Mike Vick era team. Hall, Crumpler, both big parts of that. Also Hall is malcontent, he has been crying about being on that team for over a year now. The last thing Blank needs is downers in his locker room. Now is the perfect time for that team to start over from square one. new coach, new qb, new team.

You hit it right on the nail. Thats exactly what it is/was. I live in ATL and thats pretty much the reason. They feel he did great for the Falcons but maybe its his time to go and let the falcons rebuild fresh.

If i was a Falcons fan i would be very annoyed they let Algi, Abraham, and possibly Hall go. Makes no sense, but thank god im a Giants fan and if we get Hall it would be great, as long as his attitude is slightly adjusted.

Archived