Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Giants preparing to trade for CB Hall

DWinzit

Report: Giants preparing to trade for CB Hall

The Giants are reportedly prepared to send the No. 31 overall pick in the draft to the Falcons in exchange for CB DeAngelo Hall.

The Giants were reportedly hoping to woo Nnamdi Asomugha or Marcus Trufant, but both were franchised. GM Jerry Reese views Asante Samuel as a product of the Patriots' system. The rebuilding Falcons could probably ask the Giants to add a later-round pick to the deal and get it. Despite the Super Bowl win, Reese smartly recognizes the Giants' CB situation as a need area. Feb. 22 - 12:36 am et

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

My question is, why? Why are the Falcons so willing to let him go?

Honestly, it is one of the Giants' more pressing needs and Hall is only 23 (24 by the start of the season). Anyone they draft at the position won't be much younger and Hall is a pretty damn good CB. Throw him in with that DLine and it probably makes him better. I'm all for it.

Falcons are willing to let him go to rid themselves of the Mike Vick era team. Hall, Crumpler, both big parts of that. Also Hall is malcontent, he has been crying about being on that team for over a year now. The last thing Blank needs is downers in his locker room. Now is the perfect time for that team to start over from square one. new coach, new qb, new team.

D'Lo in NYC :laugh:

Oh man, this will be good. He now has the biggest media market in the world to run his big mouth

As I have said, I love the kid off the field, out of the locker room, a very nice guy at VT

But man he is about 2 things) DeAngelo Hall and DeAngelo Hall

If he ever focuses on playing football and not running his mouth, he'll be one of the top 5 CB's to ever play in the NFL

He's all speed. Maybe Spagnulo can help him turn it around, but Hall gives up as many plays as he makes them. Sure it's a good move, considering how low the 31st overall is, but you better hope Hall doesn't do anything to tear that lockerroom apart. ;)

His contract expires after this season doesn't it? If that is true, the Giants will have to make a decision to lock him up long term, and it won't be cheap. I thought they addressed the secondary when they took Ross? Guess it wasn't enough.

Actually, he's got 2 years left at:

$4.22 million in 08

and

$957,500 in 09

Ernie Accorsi's philosophy, which he's seemd to have passed down to Reese, is you can never have enough DE's and CB's. The results speak for themselves.

His contract expires after this season doesn't it? If that is true, the Giants will have to make a decision to lock him up long term, and it won't be cheap. I thought they addressed the secondary when they took Ross? Guess it wasn't enough.

Actually, Sam Madison and R.W. McQuarters both may be gone so they need more DB's. This wouldn't be too bad of one to replace one of those guys.

While Hall would represent excellent value for a #31 pick, there still a big hole at safety. Gibril Wilson is still set to become a free agent, Craig Dahl was waived, and that leaves Butler and Michael Johnson with noone behind them. That's a scary scenario.

While Hall would represent excellent value for a #31 pick, there still a big hole at safety. Gibril Wilson is still set to become a free agent, Craig Dahl was waived, and that leaves Butler and Michael Johnson with noone behind them. That's a scary scenario.

Not at all. Gibril's not going anywhere and I like Michael Johnson very very much. He was a rookie this season, he'll get much better.

Butler, oddly enough, is very much liked by Spags. He must see something in him that I don't. He takes bad angles, however I guess that can be resolved through good coaching.

I'll take;

Ross - Starting CB

Hall - Starting CB

Webster - Nickel

Wilson - Free Safety

Dockery - Dime

Johnson - SS

Butler - Back up safety

Any day of the week, especially with that D-line.

Archived