Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proud Father Moment

Taylor 36

Okay, this may seem like a cheesy thread to some, but I have to share my excitement with people whom may appreciate the small, but significant event that took place last night.

I was carrying my 16 month old son, Andrew, as I went into my pantry to get some pasta. On the top shelf of the pantry, I have a two liter Redskins jug. When Drew saw it, he said, "Touchdown," and raised both of his arms in the air. Of course at 16 months, he is just beginning to develop a vocabulary, and to have touchdown be one of his first ten words, and to have him associate that with the Redskins logo was very exciting for me.

A true young fan and possible future ref in the making.:laugh:

HTTR!!!

Okay, this may seem like a cheesy thread to some, but I have to share my excitement with people whom may appreciate the small, but significant event that took place last night.

I was carrying my 16 month old son, Andrew, as I went into my pantry to get some pasta. On the top shelf of the pantry, I have a two liter Redskins jug. When Drew saw it, he said, "Touchdown," and raised both of his arms in the air. Of course at 16 months, he is just beginning to develop a vocabulary, and to have touchdown be one of his first ten words, and to have him associate that with the Redskins logo was very exciting for me.

A true young fan and possible future ref in the making.:laugh:

HTTR!!!

Awesome....keeping the burgandy and gold tradition going....:point2sky I do the same with my two daughters!!

Awesome Story! :D

My 17 month old son is currently being bombarded on both sides by his mother and I... I've been getting him a bunch of Redskins baby gear, trying of course to make him a Super Fan. My wife's a big Baltimore Ravens fan and has done the same. But I play for keeps and I intend on keeping him within the fold. In fact, I've been secretly been working on teaching him 'Hail to the Redskins'.

*muhahahaha* :evil:

If all else fails, I'll make sure he's a Steelers Fan.

(And yes, I love my wife - but this is WAR.)

I have a 2 year old daughter, and it's been amazing to watch her learn new things every day. I actually have a picture of her putting her arms up at around 6 months in her Redskin outfit. She's been saying "Touchdown Redskins" for quite some time.

When I rock her to sleep, I'll always sing Hail To The Redskins, and I wish I could have had it on tape, she has sang the ENTIRE song before she was 2. Of course it's one of those things where if you'd have the camera out, she probably wouldn't do it. There are a lot of Redskin fans out there who don't even know all the lyrics, and she was singing it. Definitely a proud moment that I'll never forget.

Raising kids is an awesome experience, sure it can somewhat seem like a job at times, but they constantly amaze you with the new things they say and do each and every day. Just keep playing with them, not only do you get a great bond with them, it makes you feel like a kid again.

I have a 2 year old daughter, and it's been amazing to watch her learn new things every day. I actually have a picture of her putting her arms up at around 6 months in her Redskin outfit. She's been saying "Touchdown Redskins" for quite some time.

When I rock her to sleep, I'll always sing Hail To The Redskins, and I wish I could have had it on tape, she has sang the ENTIRE song before she was 2. Of course it's one of those things where if you'd have the camera out, she probably wouldn't do it. There are a lot of Redskin fans out there who don't even know all the lyrics, and she was singing it. Definitely a proud moment that I'll never forget.

Raising kids is an awesome experience, sure it can somewhat seem like a job at times, but they constantly amaze you with the new things they say and do each and every day. Just keep playing with them, not only do you get a great bond with them, it makes you feel like a kid again.

I agree 100%:cheers:

That's a great story, I know how you feel. Of all the things my 5 year old could have wanted for X-Mas, he asked me for a Redskins hat! I couldn't believe it. Needless to say we got it for him and he wears it out everyday, literaly! He can't leave home without it. Whether he's going outside to play or going to school, that cap is on his head! Not to mention he still wears his now extra tight DG jersey we got him when he was 13 months old. :laugh: This makes me so proud.:cry:

I know how you feel brother. Of all the things my 5 year old could have wanted for X-Mas, he asked me for a Redskins hat! I couldn't believe it. Needless to say we got it for him and he wears it out everyday, literaly! He can't leave home without it. Whether he's going outside to play or going to school, that cap is on his head! Not to mention he still wears his now extra tight DG jersey we got him when he was 13 months old. :laugh: This makes me so proud.:cry:

Almost the exact same thing happened with my 4 year old, the only difference was I got him a redskin helmet for Christmas he kept that thing on for about a month. I got him a Moss jersey and now his favorite player is Santana Moss, he get so excited when he hears Moss's name. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL THING!!

P.S. HE TOLD ME HE WANTS TO BE A REDSKIN WHEN HE GROWS UP SO HE CAN BEAT THE COWBOYS- I CAME TO TEARS! :cry:

Good stuff Taylor 36! :cheers:

My oldest daughter,who is now 14, when she was about 2 or 3 asked me if I was going to watch "Go, Baby, Go." I wasn't sure what she meant at first, but then I got it out of her that she thought Redskins games were called "Go, Baby, Go" because I always yelled that at the TV when watching games!

Good thing, because during the Norv era, I'm sure I yelled a few other things at the TV too!;)

Hail,

H

Good stuff Taylor 36! :cheers:

My oldest daughter,who is now 14, when she was about 2 or 3 asked me if I was going to watch "Go, Baby, Go." I wasn't sure what she meant at first, but then I got it out of her that she thought Redskins games were called "Go, Baby, Go" because I always yelled that at the TV when watching games!

Good thing, because during the Norv era, I'm sure I yelled a few other things at the TV too!;)

Hail,

H

:laugh: Yeah, I would probably be sweating it if my kids repeated what comes out of my mouth during games sometimes. Go, baby, go is pretty cool, though. that will be a good story to tell the grandkids one day.

Very cool.

You're lucky though. I think my kid is going to be a ref. He saw me put on a Redskin cap and pick him up and he throw off his diaper and screamed "Holding" Another time he saw me kissing his mother and he threw the flag again, yelling "Personal Foul!"

Archived